• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Some numbers on the Sabres Penalty Kill

A part of the team that has been struggling lately.

Overall they are 8th in the NHL, having allowed 39 goals out of 235 attempts (83.4% success rate)

Since Gaustad went out they have allowed 8 goals out of 20 attempts (60% success rate)

Since Tallinder went out, they have allowed 13 goals out of 43 attempts (69.8% success rate)

Here is to those two returning soon.

(Note: I am fully aware that there are other factors and that both of these players missed games earlier in the season.)
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Some numbers on the Sabres Penalty Kill

Although I agree those players will help, them coming back does not address the deficiences this team has that we've talked about for the past three years. Until this organization decides to focus on winning the cup, I just don't see this team being much better then what they are now. I'm hoping Darcy learns from other successful teams and obtains the key ingredients at the deadline that could make this team a legit contender.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      Although I agree those players will help, them coming back does not address the deficiences this team has that we've talked about for the past three years. Until this organization decides to focus on winning the cup, I just don't see this team being much better then what they are now. I'm hoping Darcy learns from other successful teams and obtains the key ingredients at the deadline that could make this team a legit contender.
      Good work, way to take somebody focusing on Penalty Killing and translate it into yet another "this team will never be good enough" statement. This is the epitome of what I'm talking about when I say you beat us over the head with the same negative statement all the time.

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

They aren't going to get much better than they are now? Seriously?

Was our PK and PP last season as good as this years? I think this team has progressed since last season. Meaning they have IMPROVED. Which is something that can't be overlooked.

We were on the outside looking in last season. We are now in the mix. This team is improving with young players. I can't see how you can deny it.
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
          Good work, way to take somebody focusing on Penalty Killing and translate it into yet another "this team will never be good enough" statement. This is the epitome of what I'm talking about when I say you beat us over the head with the same negative statement all the time.
          Idiotic post. So what you're saying is that I'm never allowed to state the truth on this board? Ok, whatever...

Do you ever read my other posts??? I'm sure most on here will agree that I've been more then fair lately. However, being fair doesn't mean that I don't have the right to state the problems with this team.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            • May 2005

Idiotic post. So what you're saying is that I'm never allowed to state the truth on this board? Ok, whatever...

Do you ever read my other posts??? I'm sure most on here will agree that I've been more then fair lately. However, being fair doesn't mean that I don't have the right to state the problems with this team.
            No, you have every right to your opinion, but you constantly tell me you don't say the same things over and over again, and this is a great example of it. The thread wasn't even about anything but the penalty kill and you went off on your same old spiel. Sure, you've made other decent posts too, but you always come back to this.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

No, you have every right to your opinion, but you constantly tell me you don't say the same things over and over again, and this is a great example of it. The thread wasn't even about anything but the penalty kill and you went off on your same old spiel. Sure, you've made other decent posts too, but you always come back to this.
              Because it is the truth!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                • May 2005

Because it is the truth!
                No, it's still your opinion...

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

No, it's still your opinion...
                  Nope...it's the truth.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                    • May 2005

Nope...it's the truth.
                    There is not quantitative way to prove it, so it's YOUR opinion of what is true, plain and simple. Just like my opinion is what I view to be true, but I'd never be so foolish as to say it's flat out truth.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Whether it is opinion or fact, this thread was an entirely different topic.

I think that was BMN's point.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

There is not quantitative way to prove it, so it's YOUR opinion of what is true, plain and simple. Just like my opinion is what I view to be true, but I'd never be so foolish as to say it's flat out truth.
                        Nope, I have facts to back me up...THERE PLAY OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS! Give me something that backs up your thoughts?

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          Whether it is opinion or fact, this thread was an entirely different topic.

I think that was BMN's point.
                          And the fact is, nobody responded to your post. I talked about the penalty kill and my feelings about it. I didn't know that I had to ask your and BMN permission to post my thoughts in your threads? Come on...get serious guys!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                            • May 2005

And the fact is, nobody responded to your post. I talked about the penalty kill and my feelings about it. I didn't know that I had to ask your and BMN permission to post my thoughts in your threads? Come on...get serious guys!
                            Nobody was responding to his thread... it took you 8 minutes for that gem! If you'd like I can make a "Nighthawk *****es About the Same Thing Over and Over" Thread and you can go nuts, then I don't have to read it in 90% of the other threads here.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Nope, I have facts to back me up...THERE PLAY OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS! Give me something that backs up your thoughts?
                              THEIR

Comment

Working...
                              X