PDA

View Full Version : "Don't Get Led Astray," Holmes Says About Injury

PA Season Ticket Holder
05-11-2003, 02:29 PM
MAY 10 (afternoon)--In a manner of speaking that resembled more a river crossing revival meeting than a pep rally, Chiefs running back Priest Holmes used the occasion of his team’s mini-camp practice open to the public to set the record straight on rumors swirling around his injured hip.

“I know there’s a lot of questions out there,” he said to fans at the close of the morning practice, “but I’m telling my fans don’t be dismayed. Don’t get confused; don’t get led astray. What’s up with Priest Holmes? What’s up with the hip? I’m right here. We’re winning this year. Let’s go.”

Holmes has been sidelined since last December when he sustained a deep hip bruise in a game in Denver. He missed the remainder of the season and later underwent arthroscopic surgery when he continued to experience some discomfort. His rehabilitation is on course, according to the team’s medical staff as well as Holmes, and he is expected to be ready for practice in training camp this July.

Holmes’ appearance was the highlight of the second day practice at this year’s mini-camp attended by 2,493 fans. Practices will conclude tomorrow. It was Holmes’ first opportunity to meet Larry Johnson, the Penn State running back who was Kansas City’s first round pick this year and a player who is expected to play a backup role to the all-pro.

In other remarks, team president Carl Peterson, head coach Dick Vermeil, quarterback Trent Green and newcomer (LB) Shawn Barber offered their takes on the coming season.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news_article.asp?ID=YJKJ9AEDAWI7RB6IAC2PARX84W