• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Receivers Facing Tough Competition

The Cardinals returning wide receivers are taking advantage of the organized team activity for vets this week. With two receivers taken out of the Cardinals first three picks and the trade for veteran wide out Larry Foster from Detroit, competition has suddenly heated up at that position.

The Cardinals first-round pick Bryant Johnson is expected to come in and help fill the void left by the departure of David Boston. Johnson is an explosive receiver that was known at Penn State for his big play ability. But with Johnson not working out in the team’s mini camp, it was second-round pick Anquan Boldin that caught most of the attention.

“He’s got very quick feet,” observed Head Coach Dave McGinnis of the rookie receiver. “Just what we thought we had. He’s going to be a very physical receiver. He and Jerry Sullivan and Tyke Tolbert – you can see that is going to be a pretty good alliance with those guys, but he’s got great feet and plus, he’s very serious about his business and I can tell that right now.”

“It is going kind of smooth,” said Boldin over the weekend. “I feel a little rough around the edges trying to learn everything, but we had a rapid pace back in Florida so I feel okay with the tempo.”

Foster’s mini camp weekend allowed him time to get acclimated to a new team following his unexpected trade during the draft weekend.

“It’s (the trade) hit me now and it is weird,” shared Foster. “When that happens you realize the nature of the business and it makes you stronger. It makes you realize nothing is given to you. You have to go out and work hard for it and sometimes it is still not guaranteed to you. You just have to take it as an opportunity and be ready when you are given it.”

Foster is grateful to offensive coordinator Jerry Sullivan, who was his former wide receivers coach in Detroit and who lobbied to get the talented receiver to Arizona.

”Coach Sullivan has made the biggest difference in my career,” said Foster. “He saw what I could do in Detroit and felt like they weren’t using me maybe the way he thought he could use me and that is why I am here right now.”

Arizona Cardinals Official Team Website I Arizona Cardinals – AZCardinals.com

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
Working...
X