• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bone
    Bone
    • Oct 2006

Jermaine Phillips?

The Bucs tagged Antonio Bryant as there franchise player, so more then likely Phillips will enter free agency. This guy would be an awesome upgrade to our defense, Whitner and Phillips as our safeties!
    BILLIEVE
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Jermaine Phillips?

the bucs have a ton of room under the cap I do believe

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I dont see them not resigning Phillips but Id love to land him if we can.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
        • Aug 2005

Actually I heard an interview with him on Sirius last night and he said the Bucs havent even contacted him really, and he doesn't think he will be back there because they have two good safties that are younger and he doesn't think they will want to tie that amount of money into three safties. I don't know much about the guy, but he seems like a real good dude judging from his interview.
        SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

Yeah I heard the same thing with his interview on Moving the Chains on Sirius....to be honest, I feel like putting Whitner at FS and Scott at SS is a helluva tandem. McGee and McKelvin with Corner as our nickel is also fine by me.

We need a new linebacker (whether that be Crowell or FA/draft) to go along with Posz and Mitchell.

Lastly, we need the pash rusher. I say throw all your money at Haynesworth and draft the top DE on your board at pick 11.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
            I don't know much about the guy, but he seems like a real good dude judging from his interview.
            He is a big guy (6-2, 220#) who is a SS. You would have to move Whitner to FS. He plays the same role John Lynch used to in the Tampa defense. Good, physical player who can make some plays on the ball.

With Oshiomongho Atogwe franchised, I'd rate Phillips and Sean Dawkins as the best S available, and Phillips is younger. Sean Jones of Cleveland is available, but I don't think he is as good as the other two guys.

Comment

• T-Long
              Circling the Wagons since 1982.
              • Sep 2003

Safety is not a major need for this team. DE, C, TE is where we need starters

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by NE39
                He is a big guy (6-2, 220#) who is a SS. You would have to move Whitner to FS. He plays the same role John Lynch used to in the Tampa defense. Good, physical player who can make some plays on the ball.

With Oshiomongho Atogwe franchised, I'd rate Phillips and Sean Dawkins as the best S available, and Phillips is younger. Sean Jones of Cleveland is available, but I don't think he is as good as the other two guys.
                Whitner is moving to FS full time this year. I consider Scott a servicable fill in at this point so Phillips would be an instant upgrade.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

I like Phillops, but i also like Sean Jones from the Browns, both playmakers, and safties dont comand alot of money at all
                  Scott would be good in obvious run situations, but i dont see him making laot of INTs Whitner doesnt ever so we need someone back there to play centerfeild and make WRs pay coming over the middle
                  Sean Jones does all of that and is young
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
                    Safety is not a major need for this team. DE, C, TE is where we need starters
                    Personally I think S is a huge need.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Personally I think S is a huge need.
                      i agree 100% DB
                      we have no one to strike fear in opposing WRs and QBs and TEs about going over the middle going deep and that is why teams are not afraid to go down feild on us especially deep middle
                      people need to understand the SS is the QB of the D and even thou i completely agree that TE, C, DE, WR, FB and OLB are all needs going into the offseason i think SS Should be right up there.
                      we need playmakers not stop gaps
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

We're not spending big money on a safety, especially when we already spend big money on Whitner.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          We're not spending big money on a safety, especially when we already spend big money on Whitner.
                          Then we will continue to suck because without two good S this cover 2 system really won't work too well. They are key to not letting the O get behind the D.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dantheman1280
                            I am the Man!
                            • Mar 2004

I am not ready to give up on KO yet! Sophomore slump, I think we will come out and show us he can be a consistent player for this defense.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

I dont think S is a big huge need. Upgrade the pass rush and the whole secondary will be better. We have good guys out there they just need help. One more LB Crowell or someone else and fix that DL to get Stroud some help and we will be golden on D

Comment

Working...
                              X