PDA

View Full Version : Have Patience fellow fans

northernbillfan
02-19-2009, 11:25 AM
I was watching a show on NFL network the other day that talked about teams rebounding from great quarterback eras and the time it took to rebuild as a team and have a great leader back at the helm.

They talked about the Packers waiting many years since the Bart Starr era. They touched on the Colts waiting forever since Johnny U retired. The Steelers following Bradshaw and so on. They also mentioned the 49ers but also said that the Niners were an anomaly with Steve Young being ever so capable of replacing Montana. The show did not mention the Bills, but the Buffalo Bills are similar in so much that they've never rebounded properly since Jimbo left.

My question is, how much longer do we fans have to wait? It's been what seems like forever and I for one am anxious to get to the next level.

Using the math on the above mentioned teams we are now getting close to being within the recovery time average of 20 years to glory.

Let's get it going eh!

DraftBoy
02-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Ill wait as long as it takes frankly. And I say that leaning towards thinking that Trent Edwards is NOT the solution for us.

realdealryan
02-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Can't really quit now, can we?

OpIv37
02-19-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't really think it's about how long the fans can wait. I think it's about how much more futility the league will tolerate before allowing the team to move to greener pastures. Every wasted season just makes it that much more likely that the team is going to move.

yordad
02-19-2009, 11:38 AM
I am pot committed.

northernbillfan
02-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Using the average as mentioned above, the QBs that gave the Colts, the Packers and the Steelers new hope were in place at about the 20 year mark.

Manning was drafted in 98 Johnny U left the Colts in '72
Favre was at the Packers helm in 92 - Starr retired in '71
Rothlisberger wsa drafted in 2003 and Bradshaw hung them up in 83

My point is that we may still be waiting for quite some time.

Have patience people. But those of that are here posting today are far from fair weather fans or else we would have hitched or wagon to another horse.

northernbillfan
02-19-2009, 11:44 AM
BTW I think I should have titled this thread "Have Patience" not "How Much..."

don137
02-19-2009, 11:51 AM
I think most fans have lost patience in RW and the leadership of this team but its not like you can just shut them off. Not much you can do. I think a sign that many are sick of it is the hatred fans have towards RW due to the way he owns this team. Its bad enough he doesn't do what it takes to build a winner. He also is shipping the product to play elsewhere costing the Bills a home game every year.

justasportsfan
02-19-2009, 12:36 PM
The show did not mention the Bills, but the Buffalo Bills are similar in so much that they've never rebounded properly since Jimbo left.

My question is, how much longer do we fans have to wait? It's been what seems like forever and I for one am anxious to get to the next level.

Using the math on the above mentioned teams we are now getting close to being within the recovery time average of 20 years to glory.

Let's get it going eh!
Love the faith but the bills don't have proven coaches to take us to the next level.

Nighthawk
02-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Love the faith but the bills don't have proven coaches to take us to the next level.

That is ultimately the problem. Even if they get the players, do they have a coach who won't f**k it up? Personally, I don't think so.