Bring the sack back, baby.

This is who we should take at #11:

1.) Orakpo
2.) Brown
3.) Maybin

GG

justasportsfan
02-19-2009, 01:41 PM
not gonna happen. He's ain't white aight?

PECKERWOOD
02-19-2009, 01:42 PM
not gonna happen. He's ain't white aight?

No kidding...

In that case:

1.) Kruger
2.) Barwin

LOL

Slim
02-19-2009, 01:50 PM
last week CB posted a blog on how he doesn't like Rak. Talks about how plays with a sense of entitlement. I would love to have hm in BLO. But, CB's words are usually pretty good foreshadowing of the future.

PECKERWOOD
02-19-2009, 02:09 PM
last week CB posted a blog on how he doesn't like Rak. Talks about how plays with a sense of entitlement. I would love to have hm in BLO. But, CB's words are usually pretty good foreshadowing of the future.

God forbid we have a player in Buffalo who is confident in his ability because he knows he isn't a scrub.

Pinkerton Security
02-19-2009, 02:58 PM

CB is dumb. Guess what Chris, lots of other guys play with that same sense of entitlement: TO, Phillip Rivers, Jay Cutler, Tom Freakin Brady, Randy Moss....if you're good you probably know it. Orakpo knows it.

Jeff1220
02-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Not taking CB's side on this, but to clarify, entitlement does not = confidence.
By saying he plays entitled, CB's saying that he doesn't care if he puts forth max effort or not because he's the guy no matter what because he's the Brian Orakpo. Entitlement in college often leads to failure in the NFL because they feel the world owes them something and that they won't have to work for it.

Nighthawk
02-19-2009, 05:32 PM

That's true, but don't forget that CB works for the Bills. He isn't going to give anything away that may help other teams.

Romes
02-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Is it bad that I see that tape and assume he's on steroids...50lbs of muscle...

do they test these guys for that during the combine?

Slim
02-19-2009, 07:51 PM
That's true, but don't forget that CB works for the Bills. He isn't going to give anything away that may help other teams.

He's also in charge of making the fan base excited about the team. Hopefully, it his own opinion.

1a. Maybin
1b. Rak.

If you're into weights and mesurables, i think Michael Johnson is the most talented of the class. The dudes 6'7 and has an awesome first step. He'll be blowing up the combine this weekend.

Kenny
02-19-2009, 08:08 PM
wow... that guy is HUGE!!!

no way a 3-4 team is going to draft him... a guy that big is purely 4-3!

X-Era
02-19-2009, 08:13 PM
wow... that guy is HUGE!!!

no way a 3-4 team is going to draft him... a guy that big is purely 4-3!

In the 4-3 he certainly has the build to stand up to the run just fine. Not by height, but by shear strength.

We knew he was strong, it shows up on tape. He just doesnt have a ton of moves. But after watching our supposed sack expert (Schobel) get held up at the line, Ill take shear brute strength and give up a few moves thanks.

Besides, he can learn moves. The size is harder to come by.

I will watch closely to see his height and weight at the combine.

im4bflo
02-19-2009, 09:25 PM
I want whoever want's to win a superbowl rather than all about the money.
A team guy who's driven to win, rather than just collect.
who is this man?

OpIv37
02-19-2009, 09:32 PM
if this guy is on the board, he better be our pick.

TigerJ
02-19-2009, 09:45 PM
There's always a chance that Orakpo could be this year's Vernon Gholston, a workout warrior with great college credentials who flopped as a rookie

trapezeus
02-19-2009, 09:51 PM
bills written content at this point is so misleading. if they like a guy this early, you won't hear squat about him until they call his name. if they are dawdling on some guys, you really can't trust what they are saying. If they make a big deal of anyone now, teams ahead of them are just going to try and make a stellar trade with a team behind us.

i wouldn't listen to CB too much at this point.

as for Orakpo, i just hope he isn't a gymrat/combine guy and then gets blasted off the ball because he's still undersized for a DE in the NFL. The fact he's a texas player helps though.

Tatonka
02-19-2009, 11:28 PM
There's always a chance that Orakpo could be this year's Vernon Gholston, a workout warrior with great college credentials who flopped as a rookie

very true.

mysticsoto
02-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Orakpo to me is the #1 DE in this draft. Unfortunately, I think that means he will be gone before us. Seems like the Bills always miss out on the very player they need... :ill:

Kenny
02-20-2009, 07:36 AM
why is he undersized? Most sites have him @ 6-4 and 260lbs?
Isnt that about average for a 4-3DE?

Plus the guy is only in his early 20's... he could easily add in an extra 10-15lbs.

Tatonka
02-20-2009, 07:51 AM
on top of the 50lbs he already put on? how is this guy not on roid or hgh?

yordad
02-20-2009, 07:53 AM
on top of the 50lbs he already put on? how is this guy not on roid or hgh?How much time did that take again?

PECKERWOOD
02-20-2009, 08:30 AM
How much time did that take again?

I think 4-5 years.. People forgot that he came to Texas weighing in at 205-210lbs or so. So that's about 10lbs of muscle per year he was there. BTW, people are saying the same about Cushing and how he must of taken roids.. Bottom line is, I remember my body right after highschool and then I remember my body 3-4 years afterwards and there was a big difference in development.

Kenny
02-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Jesus Christ!!! why is it always that people who dont workout always assume that big people are on roids?

50lbs in 5 years is very doable, especially if you havent grown into your body yet. These guys eat sleep and **** in the gym.
Im guessing 5-6 meals a day, oats, canned tuna, chicken breast, egg whites, etc... Drink a few gallons of water a day, and train 5-6 times a week.

If you're dedicated, you dont need test boosters or roids to get big.

OpIv37
02-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Orakpo to me is the #1 DE in this draft. Unfortunately, I think that means he will be gone before us. Seems like the Bills always miss out on the very player they need... :ill:

It's typical Buffalo mediocrity. We're not quite bad enough to get one of the top players in the draft, but not quite good enough to make the playoffs or actually win. So we end up drafting guys high enough to make huge salaries but not high enough to actually be impact players (see Donte Whitner).

justasportsfan
02-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Watch the fins draft Orakpo and make him a lb'er in the 3-4 D

Wally The Barber
02-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Ok, thats it!

If I see that Orakpo clip one more time, I am going throw you guys over the falls....

Sludge hammers and chains, wow!

The Spaz
02-20-2009, 11:54 AM
If he really did drop to about 230 lbs. then he definitely is a LB.

ddaryl
02-20-2009, 12:06 PM
this is exactly who the Bills need... Why because he isn't a high motor white boy... Our DE position has lacked exactly this... He would easily be the closest thing to Bruce Smith we have brought in since Bruce.

I hope the football gods smile upon us and we can grab him at #11... but after the combine I have a feeling this guy is long gone before #11.. All that speed and power is what the DE postion demands, so I doubt all of the 1st 10 teams who draft before us fail to realize this

Saratoga Slim
02-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Could be a fantastic addition.

For what it's worth, on NFL radio Pat Kirwin has said he's a little hesitent about Orakpo though. Kirwin & Ryan both think he's a boom or bust type guy. Tends to disappear at times. I generally like Kirwin--he's pretty sharp.

Tatonka
02-20-2009, 01:39 PM
mayock said the same thing.. there are a LOT of people that have said that too.. that he takes plays off.

i am no expert on the guy but it always scares me when they say "boom or bust".

Tatonka
02-20-2009, 01:41 PM
another guy that mayock really tore into yesterday was michael johnson, the DE from Georgia Tech.. he said he had just finished watching 5 senior games and 3 junior games and that he didnt dominate in any single game.. she said he shows flashes.. and that he is a physical specimen that will impress everyone at the combine but that he doesnt like him at all.. all the talent in the world but it the production doesnt show it at all.

Pinkerton Security
02-20-2009, 01:49 PM
another guy that mayock really tore into yesterday was michael johnson, the DE from Georgia Tech.. he said he had just finished watching 5 senior games and 3 junior games and that he didnt dominate in any single game.. she said he shows flashes.. and that he is a physical specimen that will impress everyone at the combine but that he doesnt like him at all.. all the talent in the world but it the production doesnt show it at all.
ya i prefer guys who have all the talent in the world AND have the stats to back it up, especially over an extended period of time. Thats why people like Stafford scare me, I'd NEVER want the Bills to take a QB like him in the first.

Tatonka
02-20-2009, 01:49 PM
How much time did that take again?

he said he was 205 his freshman year..

ddaryl
02-20-2009, 02:23 PM
mayock said the same thing.. there are a LOT of people that have said that too.. that he takes plays off.

i am no expert on the guy but it always scares me when they say "boom or bust".

how does a guy who wins 4 college awards in his senior year get tagged as a player that takes plays off...

Lombardi for the nations top DL ro LB

Nagurski Trophy for the nations top D player

Hendricks as outstanding defensive end.

Big 12's Defensive Player of the Year.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33734&draftyear=2009&genpos=DE

02/19/09 - He won the Lombardi, Hendricks and Nagurski awards last season to make him the most honored defensive lineman in college. He demonstrated a rough, tough and competitive style of play. Although he lacks an impressive burst or an array of effective moves, he manages to bully his way into leverage position most of the time. However, many scouts are not convinced his many trophies are a measure of his production. They think his intensity isn't consistent enough and that he hasn't played up to his abilities. He also missed time each of the past two seasons with knee injuries. - Frank Cooney, The Sports Xchange, NFL Draft Scout

It's hard to see boom or bust here.... speed and power. The only question is his durability which isn't to bad but he has had trouble with some knee strains.

I still think he is the Bills 1st choice at #11 if he falls that far...

lmcshadow
02-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Even if he was there i feel the bills still would go for O-line first.

alohabillsfan
02-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Watch out for Brown from FSU, The DL players from FSU always seem to do better in the NFL.

ddaryl
02-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Brown is arguably the top DE in the draft and will probably be off the board by #11

If he is still on the board well then I would expect the Bills to pounce

Slim
02-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Orakpo: 6'3 263lbs Is what he weighed in at... Sounds like a DE to me.

kernowboy
02-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Everette Brown for me is the DE we should get if we are lucky.

The guy has just been excellent throughout his college career.

However, Orakpo had a bad day against Alex Boone who was quite possibly drunk at the time.

mysticsoto
02-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Here is an interview with Orakpo for anyone interested:

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_detail.php?PRKey=5159