PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Harrison, perfect player to get

Mitchell55
02-19-2009, 06:11 PM
He will only be around for about 1-2 years, just in time that when he leaves Johnson and Hardy will be ready to take on the number 2-3 spots. Harrison is a HOF WR that Hardy and Johnson could learn alot from in terms of route running. Not a big player but a effective one and is like coles where he makes up for his height by making difficult catches. He also wont demand much but 3 million per year for 2 years, or less. With his injury concerns not many teams will pay big money. Make it happen OBD.

jbisset
02-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Harrison days has passed. Lets get someone younger with a future- under 30 for a vet. There is a reason why the colts are letting him go.

trapezeus
02-19-2009, 06:15 PM
i'd pass big time on harrison. he is literally falling apart. No need to have two josh reed's on the team. that's my opinion though.

Mudflap1
02-19-2009, 06:16 PM
The Colts are cutting him for a reason. Why would they cut him if he could still play? Yes, money is a big factor, but he is over the hill.

Jon

FlyingDutchman
02-19-2009, 06:20 PM
we should definately pick up another guy with gun trouble, especially one who is past his prime

Mitchell55
02-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Then why are people high on getting Engram and Darrel Jackson. Same thing. Harrison is still a good player.

Mitchell55
02-19-2009, 06:32 PM
we should definately pick up another guy with gun trouble, especially one who is past his prime

Youve got to be kidding me.

FlyingDutchman
02-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Youve got to be kidding me.

funny, i was thinking the same thing about this thread

Slim
02-19-2009, 07:14 PM
No.

Nighthawk
02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Although I understand you wanting to upgrade the WR...Harrison is not the right fit. He's past his prime and is basically the same type of WR as Evans.

realdealryan
02-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Slow, can't get open, waaaaaaaaaaaay past his prime. Perfect player to get. aaaaaaahahahaahahhaahaha

I love how every player that gets cut or is ALMOST cut has a thread on here about how we should take a look.

Oaf
02-19-2009, 07:45 PM
I disagree with all of you.

I'd take him over another project mid-round WR. We need help NOW. We need to play Reed at #3 NOW. We're already waiting for Johnson and Hardy. Why would we wait for someone to help us wait for Johnson/Hardy? He got cut b/c he's not worth 6-7 mill, but I'd pay him 3 for two seasons as well.

I'd really like Nate Washington here. But Harrison is a solid idea too.

DrGraves
02-19-2009, 07:49 PM
sigh. so young. so naive.

TacklingDummy
02-19-2009, 07:50 PM

The 3 Amigo's. Harrison can teach Hardy and Lynch how to shoot.

FlyingDutchman
02-19-2009, 07:52 PM
what has Harrison done in the last two years with a competent offense? what do you think he would do here. Being a cuse fan, i love the guy, but cmon, he would take up a roster space and money. hes a band aid, and not a good one at that.

FlyingDutchman
02-19-2009, 07:54 PM
The 3 Amigo's. Harrison can teach Hardy and Lynch how to shoot.

no way, Lynch is the get away driver. He stops for nobody!

circlethewagons
02-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Id defently pass on harrison, based on what i saw out of him this year i think hes done. Combine that with his past legal problems hes just not a good fit for this organization right now

yordad
02-19-2009, 09:06 PM
what has Harrison done in the last two years with a competent offense? what do you think he would do here. Being a cuse fan, i love the guy, but cmon, he would take up a roster space and money. hes a band aid, and not a good one at that.In '08 he had literally 5 times more TDs then Reed. And, more then our two starters combined. Only two seasons ago he had 95 catches for 1366 yards and 12 tds.

Now, clearly he is declining. But, it isn't like the bills have never had success bringing in an aging WR. It's a mixed bag. Some receiver's careers stop on a dime. Others have had successful resurrections.

With any luck, he would be a better #2 then what we have. He is coming from a successful organization. He could be a solid stop gap. And, he might be really cheap. Money, of course, is always the deciding factor.

Can someone give specifics on his injury history? NE39 maybe?

trapezeus
02-19-2009, 09:45 PM
mitchell59 must have some awesome madden teams. his trades and moves are imaginative and work on a madden level, but i don't think they are good ideas for the bills.

keep posting them mitchell59. regardless of what others say about your threads, there isn't much to talk about right now during the offseason

FlyingDutchman
02-19-2009, 09:53 PM
In '08 he had literally 5 times more TDs then Reed. And, more then our two starters combined. Only two seasons ago he had 95 catches for 1366 yards and 12 tds.

Now, clearly he is declining. But, it isn't like the bills have never had success bringing in an aging WR. It's a mixed bag. Some receiver's careers stop on a dime. Others have had successful resurrections.

With any luck, he would be a better #2 then what we have. He is coming from a successful organization. He could be a solid stop gap. And, he might be really cheap. Money, of course, is always the deciding factor.

Can someone give specifics on his injury history? NE39 maybe?

3 years ago is when he had the 95 catch season. The last two years combined he has 80 catches for 6 TDs. Id rather take a shot at developing Steve Johnson. Im also still holding out hope for Hardy. I dont know why hes finished in so many peoples minds.

FlyingDutchman
02-19-2009, 09:56 PM
and i think it was hammy issues he had, although i cant remember for sure

yordad
02-19-2009, 10:06 PM
3 years ago is when he had the 95 catch season. The last two years combined he has 80 catches for 6 TDs. Id rather take a shot at developing Steve Johnson. Im also still holding out hope for Hardy. I dont know why hes finished in so many peoples minds.He had an injury. It's a part of football. Doesn't sound too serious.

FlyingDutchman
02-19-2009, 10:19 PM
i hear ya. i feel that marvins best asset over his career has been his speed. And it just doesnt seem to me like its there anymore. plus injuries will probably continue to nag with his increasing age

User Manuel
02-20-2009, 04:49 AM
He will only be around for about 1-2 years, just in time that when he leaves Johnson and Hardy will be ready to take on the number 2-3 spots. Harrison is a HOF WR that Hardy and Johnson could learn alot from in terms of route running. Not a big player but a effective one and is like coles where he makes up for his height by making difficult catches. He also wont demand much but 3 million per year for 2 years, or less. With his injury concerns not many teams will pay big money. Make it happen OBD.

Yeah, he can teach Marshawn and James Hardy how to be REAL thugs and how to use that gat. Seriously though, I am not against this.

zone
02-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Stick a fork in him, he will be 37.... He wasn't catching balls that hit him in the hands last year.

Jan Reimers
02-20-2009, 06:38 AM
I'm one of the biggest Syracuse guys on this board, and believe Marvin is one of the great all-time NFL receivers.

But his speed and ability to separate have drastically diminished the last few years. I just don't think he has enough left to help us.

MikeInRoch
02-20-2009, 08:15 AM
I disagree with all of you.

I'd take him over another project mid-round WR. We need help NOW. We need to play Reed at #3 NOW. We're already waiting for Johnson and Hardy. Why would we wait for someone to help us wait for Johnson/Hardy? He got cut b/c he's not worth 6-7 mill, but I'd pay him 3 for two seasons as well.

I'd really like Nate Washington here. But Harrison is a solid idea too.

Because we are one WR away from making a Super Bowl run?

lmcshadow
02-20-2009, 11:04 PM
I agree, the Bills have lots of speed but no true route runners...a vet like MH would help show our rookies how to pick up their game...

alohabillsfan
02-21-2009, 09:02 AM
I think He would be a bad fit due to size. Trent needs a more physical reciever since his strength is short and medium routes IMO.

Bert102176
02-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I heard that the cartlidge in his knee he hurt is almost gone how fast will he run with bone on bone

SeatownBillsFan21
02-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Ive always been a Harrison fan the guys was solid for years i think him a Lee would compliment each other very nicely and he went to the Cuse so in my mind we got a shot at getting him. and for an off year he still had more yds than our # 2 guy so why not give him a 1 or 2 year contract??