PDA

View Full Version : Do the Bills have the balls to roll the dice....

X-Era
02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
And wait until during free agency sometime to lock up their new starting OLB?

I say this based on this move:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/19/jets-not-counting-on-saints-second-rounder/

Vilma is going to be out there and would seem to make some sense.

Crow seems to be a top choice, but if we let him hit the market, he may get grabbed by another team.

Do we dare roll the dice for a chance at someone like Vilma? Is he even a better option?

Nighthawk
02-19-2009, 07:19 PM
I would absolutely LOVE to have Vilma. He would be a great addition to that LB corps.

X-Era
02-19-2009, 07:22 PM
I would absolutely LOVE to have Vilma. He would be a great addition to that LB corps.

I see hes a MLB, but I thought he played OLB before?

I could still see Poz getting bounced outside.

But all that shakes up the LB corp when we could just simply resign Crow and keep the corp in tact.

Nighthawk
02-19-2009, 07:25 PM
I see hes a MLB, but I thought he played OLB before?

I could still see Poz getting bounced outside.

But all that shakes up the LB corp when we could just simply resign Crow and keep the corp in tact.

I believe he played OLB in the 3-4 for the Jets, but he is more of MLB...which is fine with me. Move Poz outside and we would be good at the LB position. Vilma is better then Crowell when both are healthy. Both have had surgeries, but Vilma is more then a year removed, where as Crowell is just coming back.

Mr. Pink
02-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Vilma would be an outstanding addition to the LB corps...

A guy who has the head and knack for the MLB position that will do a better job calling out audibles, reading plays, pointing out assignments etc...

And will allow Poz to rely more on instinct on the outside which might allow him to show why he was a top LB talent.

PECKERWOOD
02-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Vilma would play WLB for us, I don't think they would move Poz.

Nighthawk
02-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Vilma would play WLB for us, I don't think they would move Poz.

Vilma isn't a WLB...he's a MLB and that is where he wants to play. I believe that is one of the reasons that he was happy to leave the Jets.

circlethewagons
02-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Personally i think Vilma should be our number one target in free agency... Even though he plays middle im sure we could move Poz back outside (we could also try him out on the weakside as well). The jets traded him because he struggled in a 3-4 scheme, but before that he excelled in the cover 2 run under herm edwards. It would also be the splash many of the fans are looking for

FlyingDutchman
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
It sounds like N.O might give an offer to him, just maybe not before the RFA period is over

Mahdi
02-20-2009, 01:44 PM
It sounds like N.O might give an offer to him, just maybe not before the RFA period is over
N.O has to wait till the start of FA to sign Vilma otherwise they have to give the Jets a 2nd round pick if they sign him before (could be a 1st rounder not sure).

Luisito23
02-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't know if I'm alone here, but I would much rather have Vilma than Crowell....

X-Era
02-20-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't know if I'm alone here, but I would much rather have Vilma than Crowell....

Youre not alone.

Nighthawk
02-20-2009, 05:47 PM

You've got plenty of people at your party!