• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Jauron understands Bills fans' ire

Often criticized by Buffalo Bills fans for his emotionless demeanor, coach Dick Jauron revealed Thursday morning he's not detached from their annoyance with him.Jauron, at Lucas Oil Stadium for the annual scouting combine, spoke for the first time since the Bills finally acknowledged the three-year contract extension he signed during the season and announced he would be retained.

Neither decision went over well with Bills fans. And the normally stone-faced head coach admitted he's not oblivious to what they think of him.
    "I don't know how you do it," Jauron said. "You can't not hear, just like you can't not read negative things that are written. They're written when you lose. The only way to make everybody happy is to win. That's what we all want. We all want the same thing."
    The Bills have gone 7-9 in each of their three seasons under Jauron.
    "I understand their feelings are negative," he said. "I'm a fan. I certainly have teams I pull for, and the Buffalo Bills are at the top of the list. When we don't win, I'm not particularly happy."
    The Bills have missed the playoffs nine straight seasons, and 2008 was the most indigestible of those seasons. They charged to a 5-1 start and looked a surefire playoff team before dropping seven of their next eight and eight of their last 10. Making matters worse, the Bills went 0-6 against the AFC East.
    more....

• Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jauron understands Bills fans' ire

Well, it doesn't take an Ivy League degree to figure out why we may be upset...
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing Jauron could say to make any of us feel much better. Just go out and win Dick.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

I wonder if when he says "there are certain teams I pull for and the Buffalo Bills are at the top of that list", whether he is saying this as in he used to, or as in he still does?? bc it would seem logical, Dick, that it should go without saying that you root for your own team to win. And if we werent at the top of your list, then something is very wrong. So thanks for stating the obvious.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Everyone loved some Dick when his team was 4-0. If he wins, everyone will love some more Dick.

Comment

• jamesiscool
            suck it fool.
            • Feb 2007

come on, it took him 3 years to say that we NEED to win? listen bro, you just got an unwarranted 3 year extension, you BETTER win. our number one issue is a lack of talent on both sides of the ball and shortly after that is coaching which Dick is directly to blame for.

The NFL is a simple league, you win, the fans are happy, you lose, the fans are nto happy. Unless you're a bills fan in that case you;re just happy to be here, we are the strangest brew of sports fan. Coming off of our 2nd straight 7-9 season and we set a franchise record for season ticket sales only to go 7-9 for the 3rd season in a row? who is to blame here, the fans or the coaching staff, front office, owner for pulling a fats one on us, setting up false hope and us buying into it, AGAIN.
            Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Typical non-comments by Dick Jauron.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Sorry but Dick's been a part of this organization for 3 years. Most of us on this board have been fans since the SB years, some have been fans dating back WAY before that. And it was basically understood that the first year or two of Dick's tenure would be rebuilding anyway.

So I really don't think Dick understands fans' ire after three mediocre years, two of which were expected.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

I read his comments and the guy is just trying to put a pretty bow on what has gone down this offseason. The fact remains, this guy is not very good...period! He also stated that his team isn't soft...umm, really??? That obviously shows he doesn't get it.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I hope so. His incredibly bad game management and strategy caused a great deal of it.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                      I read his comments and the guy is just trying to put a pretty bow on what has gone down this offseason. The fact remains, this guy is not very good...period! He also stated that his team isn't soft...umm, really??? That obviously shows he doesn't get it.

Dick is a bad copy of Marv. Both great motivators of players but the difference is, Dick is just clueless when it comes to picking his OC's. He would rather be loyal to his mistakes (OC's) than win.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• split71
                        • Jul 2006

"When we don't win, I'm not particularly happy." Is this an NFL coach saying this?
                        That's disturbing...

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

Jauron is clueless, but in a smart way.
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                          X