• Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

a TE I wouldnt mind being here at all..

PFT:
    JETS JETTISON BAKER, MOORE NEXT?

Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2009, 1:09 p.m.
    Last year, tight end Chris Baker became the third veteran player on the Jets’ roster to complain that the front office had lied to him about re-doing his contract.
    We hope that they didn’t also tell him he wouldn’t be cut.
    Per Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com, the Jets will be releasing Baker in advance of a March 5 trigger that would have resulted in guaranteed pay of $9 million over the next three years.
    Baker became expendable after the quick development of 2008 first-round selection Dustin Keller.
    And, all kidding aside, the new deal that the two sides hammered out after some ugliness contemplated that either Baker would get bumped up significantly by the Jets, or that he’d have a shot at free agency early in the 2009 offseason.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: a TE I wouldnt mind being here at all..

Meh.

Honestly I would try LJ Smith. Injury prone? For sure. But he might be a discount because of that and he is talented.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Baker is good, I like him.
      Not to say I wouldn't want LJ Smith either.

I want SOMEONE who's name isn't Royal starting in 2009.

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

It saves us a draft pick to adress somewhere else.

Comment

• Griz78
          • Sep 2002

I like Baker too and with what is out there now, he is probably the best along with LJ Smith.

Pat, any other word on Crowell? I saw the Ch 4 report that the Bills will let him test FA but I got my hopes up with your post the other day.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

if we get either Baker or Smith I'd be f'in STOKED.

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

Pass on LJ Smith. He's overrated, and he's always hurt.

Jon

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                Pass on LJ Smith. He's overrated, and he's always hurt.

Jon
                i think he may be overrated BECAUSE hes always hurt, but there's no doubting that when hes healthy, he produced. He did have McNabb throwing him the ball though, and in his best years had TO drawing many defenders his way.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Griz78
                  I like Baker too and with what is out there now, he is probably the best along with LJ Smith.

Pat, any other word on Crowell? I saw the Ch 4 report that the Bills will let him test FA but I got my hopes up with your post the other day.
                  Actually, what little I’ve heard lately isn’t good news.
                  The Bills talked to his agent, but never even made a formal offer, and are letting him free agency. I also have heard that despite Crowell’s comments to the public, he’s not happy with the organization, and would probably even take less money to start over somewhere else..

Having said that, if the Bills can’t connect on an upgrade at OLB in Free agency I still think they will make a play for him. And I think Crowell is going to be disappointed in the market for him.

So although it probably doesn’t happen early, I still go by my thinking that he eventually ends up back here; unless behind the scenes the relationship between the two parties is beyond repair.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

chris baker is nothing special, he is the same out put as royal
                    i would rather take a flier on a draft pick
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Griz78
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      The Bills talked to his agent, but never even made a formal offer, and are letting him free agency. I also have heard that despite Crowell’s comments to the public, he’s not happy with the organization, and would probably even take less money to start over somewhere else..

Having said that, if the Bills can’t connect on an upgrade at OLB in Free agency I still think they will make a play for him. And I think Crowell is going to be disappointed in the market for him.

So although it probably doesn’t happen early, I still go by my thinking that he eventually ends up back here; unless behind the scenes the relationship between the two parties is beyond repair.

Thanks for the update! I always look forward to your news!

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                        • Oct 2002

What would it take to try and get Owen Daniels? Does RFA mean that the Texans can just match any offer, or do they get some sort of compensation?

I would like to make a run at him.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Thanks for the info. I think he will be disappointed as well. I think most of our team would actually be disappointed if they were allowed to test free agency with the talent we have.

Comment

Working...
                          X