Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Slick Willys talking again!

Russ is one slick talking SOB.

I love this one:

On retaining Greer:

“We’ll do everything within our power to try to have him in the mix and see how it plays out,” said Brandon. “He certainly knows our feelings about him.”

Well Russ, put your money where your mouth is. Franchising him would have been within your power but you didnt do that did you.

I dont think Greer is worth the tag, but Russ is a piece of crap with BS talk like this.

Im getting sick of his act.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Slick Willys talking again!

Translation: "I can't guarantee we're going to try to make him a serious offer, but we're going to try to try."

They'll do the usual: offer him substantially below market value in hopes of getting a hometown discount. He'll walk. They knew this was coming, which is why they drafted McKelvin last year.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

I thought Bill Clinton was Slick Willy

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
        "Slick Russy" doesn't have those repeating "l" and "i" sounds to make it catchy.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

So hes supposed to come out and say "The office I work for and people I work under are too cheap to make an offer to Greer."

Yeah that goes over REAL well.

Hey, tell you what, you guys go tell the public your boss is too cheap to do something and let me know if you still have a job.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
            Russ is one slick talking SOB.

I love this one:

On retaining Greer:

“We’ll do everything within our power to try to have him in the mix and see how it plays out,” said Brandon. “He certainly knows our feelings about him.”

Well Russ, put your money where your mouth is. Franchising him would have been within your power but you didnt do that did you.

I dont think Greer is worth the tag, but Russ is a piece of crap with BS talk like this.

Im getting sick of his act.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...a-03611ee1e6b3
            Im fine with the comments. What is he supposed to say?

"I guarantee Bills fans Greer will stay,"?

First of all that's not realistic, he's a FA. Second I dont even believe Greer should be re-signed in the first place. There is a reason we drafted McKelvin. Greer has difficulty handling bigger WRs and he gets picked on often. Dont get me wrong, he's a good CB but not good enough to give a big contract to. We have McGee, Mckelvin and Youboty who looked great at the beginning of the season. Thats 3 solid CBs for at least another 2 seasons.

I would rather spend the cash on the lines.

Comment

• cocamide
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
              I thought he was gonna say McGahee had another kid.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

lol.. so basically what your saying is " that ******* didnt even franchise greer!!! greer isnt worth it.. but he should have at least done it to prove he was serious!!"
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

the way Corner stepped up late in the season may have caused Greers value to drop within the team.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• dasaybz
                    • Apr 2005

What he should be saying is we really don't plan on retaining Greer because he's not as good as many fans think.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
                      So hes supposed to come out and say "The office I work for and people I work under are too cheap to make an offer to Greer."

Yeah that goes over REAL well.

Hey, tell you what, you guys go tell the public your boss is too cheap to do something and let me know if you still have a job.
                      No, I was expecting something more like "we think highly of Jabari and we will see where it goes".

Dont say stupid **** like "we will do everything in our power" thats a lie plain and simple.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        lol.. so basically what your saying is " that ******* didnt even franchise greer!!! greer isnt worth it.. but he should have at least done it to prove he was serious!!"
                        No, you missed it. Dont claim your doing everything in your power. We all know thats a joke and that you could have kept him if you wanted to bad enough.

Instead say that you would like to have him but your not willing to franchise him or pay him what hes worth.

BTW, what hes worth is what other teams will pay, not what our cheapo hometown version is.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Brandon will make an offer to Greer, but if Greer wants to play in BNuffalo, it will be at a lower salary than he can get elsewhere. Brandon isn't going to say that publically though. I really wouldn't expect him to
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                            Brandon will make an offer to Greer, but if Greer wants to play in BNuffalo, it will be at a lower salary than he can get elsewhere. Brandon isn't going to say that publically though. I really wouldn't expect him to
                            Thats fine, I just EXPECT him not to lie to us by saying they will do everything in their power. No, you wont.

I agree that the right move is to offer a reasonable contract if you really want to keep him. And then he can leave if he wants.

They probably will do the right thing.

Im just sick of hearing his mouth and his BS.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                              Im fine with the comments. What is he supposed to say?

"I guarantee Bills fans Greer will stay,"?

First of all that's not realistic, he's a FA. Second I dont even believe Greer should be re-signed in the first place. There is a reason we drafted McKelvin. Greer has difficulty handling bigger WRs and he gets picked on often. Dont get me wrong, he's a good CB but not good enough to give a big contract to. We have McGee, Mckelvin and Youboty who looked great at the beginning of the season. Thats 3 solid CBs for at least another 2 seasons.

I would rather spend the cash on the lines.
                              Umm, a little honesty from this organization would go a long way in repairing the relationship with the fans. If this organization was smart, they turn over a new leaf and quit it with trying to slip one past the fans. The fans are already fed up with the way this team is run, they don't need anymore reason to complain.

Comment

Working...
                              X