• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Thanks Ruben

Thanks for dogging it all preseason. The OL is no where near where it has to be, since they have not worked as a unit all preseason.
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Yeah, that has always bugged me. I realize players like Ruben and Bruce Smith are proven and say they don't need preseason...

Well you're being paid millions and you don't want to put in a "full" 6 months of work? It ticks me off...especially when the OL needs time together to get better.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

It's not like either have a really difficult position. Ruben, pull here, drive ahead here. It's not liek they're Tackles or WRs or anything
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• doug45
        • Jul 2002

It would have been nice if the whole line could have worked out together more of the preseason.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Ruben was hurt the first part of the preseason. I think it would have been stupid to risk greater injury in preseason when he's already hurt.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

I'll plead ignorance as to the extent of his injuries, but his absence hasn't helped matters. Jennings was hurt and his absence hurt too. I hope things gel quickly now.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

I totally concur. What is going on every year that we always have OLinemen getting hurt. I know that this is bound to happen a little in preseason but these guys are dropping like flys. is it the way that they are training, is it the way the camp is being run, is it a fluke? Maybe it's time to draft and sign players with a history of toughness a little more.
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

Reuben needs to stop getting called for holding.

Comment

• MissBuffalo
                  Quiddity
                  • Jul 2002

I agree shelby. You'd think after all these years holding he'd learn by now.
                  See me here pushing you
                  If I then deny I do
                  Contemplate or wish away
                  If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• venis2k1
                    Youboty can hope
                    • Jul 2002

he did have alot of holding calls, but i wouldnt worry about it until he starts getting call for holding in the regular season

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

I agree venis2k1, he barely got any penalties last year. I'm thinking he just had to get them out of his system.
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Rebecky
                        • Aug 2002

His holding calls may well have been protecting the QB in preseason -- that's the #1 priority, and while penalties in preseason don't matter anyway, the QB getting sacked and hurt does matter. Anyway, that's my theory.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

No, nothing counts in preseason, but all those offensive penalties stand in the way of developing a rhythm on offense, and leaves fans wondering if we can do anything once the season starts. Good thing I don't gamble. I'd have no clue how to bet the Bills vs. the Jets.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BillsMan80
                            Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                            • Jul 2002

Also, he needs to get back up to the speed of the game, and he is obviously not 100%, so I will excuse it.
                            The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                            THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X