• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Lewis sees wide-open roster

Before head coach Marvin Lewis breaks down the offense after two minicamps, let it be known that he thinks there are a list of about 30 names on both sides of the ball that could be here or not be here when they cut down the roster to 53 players for Opening Day against the Broncos.

Also, let it be known there are no locks and no sure things and that he doesn’t believe in depth charts at this point in the offseason. This break down is simply a guide of who’s who. All lists are purely alphabetical.

And, special teams are going to be the key.

“Not just playing, but playing his butt off on special teams,” Lewis said. “There’s a difference between just playing and playing your butt off. There are no such things as part-time players on special teams. You must make a significant impact on special teams. It’s one third of the game, and you have to emphasize it as such. If I don’t emphasize it, how can I expect the players to go out and play it that way?”

Here are some emerging generalities:

Fullback looks to be the most wide-open scrum on offense. Also brewing are intense backup battles on the offensive line and at tight end.
    Defensive end Reinard Wilson, who some thought wouldn’t make it in a Lewis regime, is a guy he knows a lot about and thinks he can help. Remember, Lewis scouted him as much as fellow Florida State defensive end Peter Boulware in college, a guy Lewis coached in Baltimore.
    The move of Kevin Kaesviharn from cornerback makes the safety spot as wide open as fullback.
    Here is a look at the offense with the defensive look to come soon

Cincinnati Bengals Home: The official source of the latest Bengals headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and gameday information

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
Working...
X