PDA

View Full Version : Another good Safety just hit the market.

Nighthawk
02-20-2009, 06:03 PM
If this is true, another possibility for our poor Safety play.

http://www.raiders.com/Team/Default.aspx?id=152

bigbub2352
02-20-2009, 08:48 PM
I agree with you Nighthawk that we need to put a playmaker back there at Saftey
Gibril Wilson
Sean Jones
would both be solid additions
and let Whitner play more of a coverage FS that can come up and play close to the line as well
He is just not the physical presence or the playmaker to justify him being a star for this D, many projected him a CB when coming out of college
I like someone who puts fear in the offense about going down the seems of the feild and hit TE's like they need to be hit
Make INTs would be nice too

Nighthawk
02-20-2009, 11:07 PM
I agree with you Nighthawk that we need to put a playmaker back there at Saftey
Gibril Wilson
Sean Jones
would both be solid additions
and let Whitner play more of a coverage FS that can come up and play close to the line as well
He is just not the physical presence or the playmaker to justify him being a star for this D, many projected him a CB when coming out of college
I like someone who puts fear in the offense about going down the seems of the feild and hit TE's like they need to be hit
Make INTs would be nice too

I hope they address that position in FA and it seems that there are players that would fill that hole on this team. Damn, I want it to be Friday, Feb. 27th already!

BillsWin
02-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Wilson would be a fantastic addition.

shelby
02-21-2009, 06:43 AM
i'd prefer to see us address our more pressing needs. A center and a TE are a must this offseason.

BuffaloBillsStampede
02-21-2009, 09:14 AM
By the looks of who they have been talking to at the draft it would appear that they want to draft a C.

Nighthawk
02-21-2009, 09:49 AM
i'd prefer to see us address our more pressing needs. A center and a TE are a must this offseason.

I agree, I just don't know if there is quality in FA at the TE position. At center, I'd like to see Birk or Brown here. I hope they finally address the TE position with a guy who is a dynamic, stretch the field, pass catcher. I do see a couple of those in the draft...namely Ingram and Coffman.

Bert102176
02-22-2009, 02:21 PM
I think we'll go after an older C say Birk from Minny or the dude from Indy and draft a C as well to kinda groom him

B-DON
02-22-2009, 02:53 PM
I live in minneapolis, and believe me when i say birks best years are far behind him. for the vikings to not even entertain the idea of resigning him says alot. he is a huge figure in the community and well respected here, but everyone up here know his best years are behind him

ddaryl
02-22-2009, 03:05 PM
I have no trouble picking up a S but if we do not improve our pass rush a S upgrade is futile

Saratoga Slim
02-23-2009, 06:52 AM
By the looks of who they have been talking to at the draft it would appear that they want to draft a C.

I agree that it seems more likely that we'll draft a Center. It's a pretty good class, and I'm not sure we want to plug another big FA salary into the OL, what with Dockery & Walker, and likely Peters, all costing us large.

!Papacrunk!
02-26-2009, 07:50 AM
Wilson signs with Miami (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9267562/Dolphins-reach-deal-with-free-agent-safety-Wilson)