PDA

View Full Version : Bills after RB Taylor

Slim
02-21-2009, 01:42 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=139700&id=1477

But so are the Pats. And this seems like a typical Pat signing.

Stewie
02-21-2009, 01:46 PM
I guess I'm not ******ed after all

Ickybaluky
02-21-2009, 01:54 PM
It doesn't surprise me about NE. The Pats will probably sign a vet RB to replace Jordan. Reportedly, they have already visited with Deuce McAllister. It wouldn't surprise me if they signed either Taylor or McAllister

The Pats like to have depth at RB, because they feel it is a position of attrition. They like to sign vets for depth, guys who know pass-protection. Taylor and McAlister are two guys I could see them taking a look at, because both have good size, know protection schemes and can catch the ball pretty well.

Slim
02-21-2009, 01:56 PM
It doesn't surprise me about NE. The Pats will probably sign a vet RB to replace Jordan. Reportedly, they have already visited with Deuce McAllister. It wouldn't surprise me if they signed either Taylor or McAllister

The Pats like to have depth at RB, because they feel it is a position of attrition. They like to sign vets for depth, guys who know pass-protection. Taylor and McAlister are two guys I could see them taking a look at, because both have good size, know protection schemes and can catch the ball pretty well.

Taylor has Patriot written all over him IMO.

Italian Stallion
02-21-2009, 02:01 PM
If we sign him..it will HAVE to be because the front office knows that Lynch will miss substantial time because of suspension.

That being said, signing him just so he cant sign with the ****ing pats would be reason enough for me to do it if I was GM.....considering that he would easily run for 1300 yards in that offense and doub digit TD's

I challenge ANYONE on this board to tell me that its not a problem that the pats sign Taylor or McAllister...then go watch tape of us getting gashed last year by BEN JARVIS GREEN ELLIS JOHNSON SMITH WILLIAMSON

The return of Brady AND a better RB....please. I say the Bills should just petition the league to start the season in week 1 with an 0-2 record...have 3 total bye weeks instead of having to drain the life out of all of us fans playing against those M*******s

We have cap room...use it please

Ickybaluky
02-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Apparently, he is going to visit with the Patriots this week:

LINK (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/02/patriots_expres.html)

Slim
02-21-2009, 02:06 PM

LINK (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/02/patriots_expres.html)

Im with ITA on this one. I don't want Taylor in NE.

Italian Stallion
02-21-2009, 02:06 PM

Maybe he'll get food poisoning and have to sit on the toilet instead...just sayin

ddaryl
02-21-2009, 02:09 PM
I would guess the Bills are starting to tire of Lynch's pattern of mis behaving. I would also expect the Bills to hold onto Jackson over Lynch if a choice has to be made, even though I hold out hope that Lynch gets it together and becomes a success story in the end

Mitchell55
02-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Well you have to agree that this shows the bills are ready for big name players. Also, I wonder if we are going to try to sign Taylor and resign Freddy and put Freddy at WR. I think it could work.

Ickybaluky
02-21-2009, 02:15 PM
I would guess the Bills are starting to tire of Lynch's pattern of mis behaving. I would also expect the Bills to hold onto Jackson over Lynch if a choice has to be made, even though I hold out hope that Lynch gets it together and becomes a success story in the end

I'm not so sure about that.

I think signing Taylor would be because they want him to show Lynch the ropes. He is a vet, and did a good job as a mentor for Jones-Drew. I would think he could do the same with Lynch.

Edit --> And with the Pats he could mentor Maroney. Like Maroney, Taylor struggled with injuries early in his career.

Slim
02-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Well you have to agree that this shows the bills are ready for big name players. Also, I wonder if we are going to try to sign Taylor and resign Freddy and put Freddy at WR. I think it could work.

No.

Italian Stallion
02-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Bills | F. Taylor coming to visit
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 11:52:11 -0800

Shalise Manza Young, of The Providence Journal, reports free agent RB Fred Taylor (Jaguars) is expected to visit the Buffalo Bills in the coming week.

Nice to see this at least...

Slim
02-21-2009, 02:19 PM

Shalise Manza Young, of The Providence Journal, reports free agent RB Fred Taylor (Jaguars) is expected to visit the Buffalo Bills in the coming week.

Good find. I doubt he leaves NE without a contract.

Slim
02-21-2009, 02:21 PM

Do you think we sign him and trade Jackson?

kernowboy
02-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Do you think we sign him and trade Jackson?

No.

The only RB we should consider trading is Lynch

Slim
02-21-2009, 02:30 PM
No.

The only RB we should consider trading is Lynch

The fact that Fred jackson is a RFA means all we have to do is tender his contract. And if someone else wants him they offer him a bigger contract, it's an easy trade.

Italian Stallion
02-21-2009, 02:34 PM
The fact that Fred jackson is a RFA means all we have to do is tender his contract. And if someone else wants him they offer him a bigger contract, it's an easy trade.

He's an ERFA dude...which means that all the Bills have to do is tender him and he has to play for Buffalo in 2009.

That said, I wouldn't trade anyone. Make Lynch realize that his skates are cutting into the thin ice hes been skating on lately and see if he shapes up.

Slim
02-21-2009, 02:37 PM
He's an ERFA dude...which means that all the Bills have to do is tender him and he has to play for Buffalo in 2009.

That said, I wouldn't trade anyone. Make Lynch realize that his skates are cutting into the thin ice hes been skating on lately and see if he shapes up.

I understand that. The bills ARENT getting rid of ML anytime soon. So i was just trying to think of other option to why he would visit here. We have more glaring needs that a 3rd RB. Even if Lynch does get a suspension.

Italian Stallion
02-21-2009, 02:40 PM
I understand that. The bills ARENT getting rid of ML anytime soon. So i was just trying to think of other option to why he would visit here. We have more glaring needs that a 3rd RB. Even if Lynch does get a suspension.

Point taken man. Taylor is a better runner now than Jackson currently is...but not by much.

Plus Jackson is a few years younger, so I'd be pissed if they dumped him for Taylor. Having all 3 would be sexy though!

Tatonka
02-21-2009, 04:06 PM
sign taylor to a 2 year deal and trade lynch. resign jackson to a 5 year deal. im happy.

Mitchell55
02-21-2009, 04:30 PM
No.

Man, I wish I was someone else. Then people would read the post, not the creator.

bigbub2352
02-21-2009, 04:48 PM
i wouldnt mind him at all as a number 3 option, but i wouldnt close the door on Lamont Jordan or Duece either
i like freddie and lynch but think a power big back is the perfect compliment to them

Mitchell55
02-21-2009, 05:39 PM
i wouldnt mind him at all as a number 3 option, but i wouldnt close the door on Lamont Jordan or Duece either
i like freddie and lynch but think a power big back is the perfect compliment to them

Well if we get a power back then they will never play because its like having Bettis and a power back, Lynch is our short yardage runner. Also, Deuce is not a power back, at least not anymore, if he even tried to truck someone hed be on IR.

LtFinFan66
02-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Man, I wish I was someone else. Then people would read the post, not the creator.maybe it just wasn't a good idea:idunno:

Mitchell55
02-21-2009, 06:42 PM
maybe it just wasn't a good idea:idunno:

Well it has been talked about before, I was just repeating what alot of people have said.

Nighthawk
02-21-2009, 06:43 PM
maybe it just wasn't a good idea:idunno:

I'd have to agree...moving Jackson to WR is not something that is even a possibility, nor should it be.

SquishDaFish
02-21-2009, 06:45 PM
I'd have to agree...moving Jackson to RB is not something that is even a possibility, not should it be.

You mean to WR he is already a RB lol

Mitchell55
02-21-2009, 07:09 PM
I'd have to agree...moving Jackson to RB is not something that is even a possibility, not should it be.

And, im drunk?

Oaf
02-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Man, I wish I was someone else. Then people would read the post, not the creator.
Man, I know how that is.

Nighthawk
02-21-2009, 10:15 PM
And, im drunk?

Oops, my bad...I meant WR.

justasportsfan
02-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Pats or bills? which team is more attractive to play for if you were taylor?