PDA

View Full Version : NHLN: Sabres have sent Gomez tape to NHL offices

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-22-2009, 11:31 AM
NHL Network: On the Fly reports,

that the Sabres have sent the tape of Gomez hit to the NHL offices.

Miller was injured late in the third period of Saturday’s 4-2 win against the New York Rangers when forward Scott Gomez chased a loose puck behind the net. Miller attempted to clear it when Gomez crashed into the netminder, causing him to land awkwardly on his leg.

you know how this works, Gomez is a superstar in the NHL and won't get suspended or fined, he won't even get a slap on the wrist, just like the suckerpunch that Gauthier did to Kaleta. Colin Campbell will probably just throw the tape in the garbage and not even look back.

UPS delivery man: I got a package for you from the Buffalo Sabres
CC: Who? oh thanks!
UPS: Delivery man you're welcome
CC to secretary: Will you put this in the trash for me
CC: Thanks

rbochan
02-22-2009, 11:37 AM
http://www.uk.pg.com/images/charminPack_IL.jpg

SabreEleven
02-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Nothing will come of this...He has a case for it being an accident. This should have been taken care of the ice but it wasn't and it won't.

BSU Drew
02-22-2009, 02:13 PM
what a bunch of pussies.. How do you not go after Gomez??? pathetic

Michael82
02-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Nothing will come of this...He has a case for it being an accident. This should have been taken care of the ice but it wasn't and it won't.
The fact that it wasn't is why this team continues to piss so many of us off. They do have some leadership, but not enough and there's none of that toughness or grit. Whatever happened to defending your players? The least you could do was have the whole team get in Gomez's face and kick ass for the cheap shot. :sigh:

rbochan
02-22-2009, 05:00 PM
You'd have thought Gomez would at least had a beer poured on him by someone in the crowd.

Nighthawk
02-22-2009, 08:16 PM
The fact that it wasn't is why this team continues to piss so many of us off. They do have some leadership, but not enough and there's none of that toughness or grit. Whatever happened to defending your players? The least you could do was have the whole team get in Gomez's face and kick ass for the cheap shot. :sigh:

This team is really difficult to watch at times.

Dr. Lecter
02-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I am not so sure that going after Gomez at the time and creating a 5 on 3 would have been a good idea.

Winning that game was a lot more important than "revenge".

SabreEleven
02-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Now Sabres goalies are going to be run from here to eternity...

Michael82
02-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Now Sabres goalies are going to be run from here to eternity...
Exactly!

Nighthawk
02-23-2009, 12:46 PM
I am not so sure that going after Gomez at the time and creating a 5 on 3 would have been a good idea.

Winning that game was a lot more important than "revenge".

See post above by S11...

Mski
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM
i've brought this up in another thread but lecter is right... with the instigator penalty being enforced there is no way you go after gomez and give up a 2 man advantage, when you're fighting for a playoff spot.. getting two points out of that game was more important than the potential of someone running our goalies for the rest of the year, and this will certainly be taken care of next time these two teams meet

Mski
02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
the biggest rule when it comes to taking a penalty for retaliation is dont hurt your team more then they already were...
aka make sure you both get 5min majors, and dont get the 2 min minor

SabreEleven
02-23-2009, 04:05 PM
But when do they step and go after people? It is never a good time....The Sabres constantly get push around and just not the goalies either...It is just an excuse to continue to be a bunch of Euro pussies. When will they stop playing the victim?

Nighthawk
02-23-2009, 05:21 PM
But when do they step and go after people? It is never a good time....The Sabres constantly get push around and just not the goalies either...It is just an excuse to continue to be a bunch of Euro pussies. When will they stop playing the victim?

I totally understand that the playoffs are the most important focus for this team, but the bigger picture is that every team now knows that they can push this team around and nothing will happen. That cannot be overlooked, especially if they make the playoffs. The games get tighter, you bleed a little more and you have to grow a pair. Miller getting run the entire year and nothing ever happening to the other player does not send a good message.