PDA

View Full Version : A couple 2nd Day QB prospects that intrigue me

PECKERWOOD
02-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Pat White out of West Virginia. Not only does this guy have very nimble feet and scrambling ability but he has a very powerful and accurate arm. He is one guy I wouldn't mind grabbing in the 3rd-4th round. He honestly reminds me alot of a Kordell Stewart or maybe even a Randel El. I personally see him as a QB at the next level, although I'm sure he could find success as a WR and gadget type of player.

Mike Reilly out of Central Washington. He has great size at 6'4 and 212lbs, he could probably use to put on an extra 10-15lbs to better take hits but he certainly has the frame to do so. He is more of your prototypical pocket QBs but he was airing that ball out pretty well in the combine drills, I wouldn't mind him in the 4th-5th round.

Random notes: I have to say that I watched Mark Sanchez and I wasn't impressed at all, I question his arm strength and the ability to stretch the field. His accuracy was severly limited on the deep throws. He strikes me as more flash than substance and definately isn't worth the cash to go in the top 10. Personally, I would stay away from him.

LtFinFan66
02-22-2009, 05:03 PM
I loved the 1 deep ball White threw and the announcers said "oh, now he's just showing off" :rofl:

PECKERWOOD
02-22-2009, 05:07 PM
I loved the 1 deep ball White threw and the announcers said "oh, now he's just showing off" :rofl:

I know, he has a cannon, that's for damn sure. I would love to see him behind Trent as the #2 on our depth chart, while getting some snaps as a gadget WR/QB. He is a very interesting option, maybe we could even run some wild cat formations with him here.

The Spaz
02-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Great athlete but not QB. He either becomes a WR or a gadget QB but he won't be a constant on the field.

LtFinFan66
02-22-2009, 06:02 PM
We'll see. The NFL Network said today that he looked the best of all the QB's today which included the big boys

The Spaz
02-22-2009, 11:53 PM
We'll see. The NFL Network said today that he looked the best of all the QB's today which included the big boys

That's nice. I don't see it.:D:

LtFinFan66
02-22-2009, 11:54 PM
just passing along what they said. Will it translate to Sundays.....probably not

LtFinFan66
02-23-2009, 02:30 AM
The above post is incorrect on many counts

tat2dmike77
02-23-2009, 02:48 AM
Can i have his ZB's? If he is banned.

DraftBoy
02-23-2009, 07:20 AM
White will never be a full time NFL QB, imo and Reilly is an interesting prospect because he looks great on paper and in the lower division but struggled in his all-star game when playing with top players from FBS.