X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Oh how the tides have turned...

All we hear at the start of the season in a stretch were Miller was off his game. "He isn't worth the money", "He isn't a top 5 goalie", blah blah blah...

Now those people a fretting because our "average" goalie is out for a bit.
    BERNIAC!
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Oh how the tides have turned...

Originally posted by hydrosmak
    All we hear at the start of the season in a stretch were Miller was off his game. "He isn't worth the money", "He isn't a top 5 goalie", blah blah blah...

Now those people a fretting because our "average" goalie is out for a bit.
    Its because most fans are sheep. They hear someone else calling Miller Mr. Softie and now he is Mr. Softie to them as well. Little do these dicks realize that Miller is having a phenominal season. You hear it constantly if you are out watching the game at a sports bar.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

Let's make this thread a little more interesting:

Nighthawk - 12-06-08 - 8:59 pm - "Folks, Ruff was right...Miller needs to keep his head in the game more often because he constantly gives up goals right after the Sabres score. He is a BIG reason why this team does not win many close games."

Nighthawk - 12-06-08 - 9:04 pm - "Miller is brutal!"

Hydrosmack - 11-04-08 - 6:52 - "If Ryan Miller keeps playing at the current level you might be getting hosed." A post after S11 talked about trading Miller in fantasy hockey.

After Miller received extension

FunTimesYaY! - 7-18-2008 - 11:10 am - "Oh, I can't wait to see they gave an average NHL tender 6 mill a year!

Can't wait!"

After the amount was known

FunTimesYaY! - 7-18-2008 - 1:14 pm - "Terrible deal...

Way too much for him in the next few seasons...

In 2013, yeah it's great...problem is by then if he's staying here the Sabres will be busy giving him an extension.

He's not better than Fleury, in fact, I would say they're equal and Fleury didn't get 6."

More from FunTimes - "Miller and Kiprusoff both have identical middle of the pack numbers at the goaltender position.

Miller's GAA ranked 24th, SV % ranked 29th, SOs 20th...

So how does this put Miller into the status of being paid as a top 5 goalie in the game?

They sadly overpaid for him and as a result will drive up the market for goalies that in fact are better than him....the same thing the team *****ed about when Edmonton gave Vanek an offer sheet."

"Every year middle of the pack average goalies become available either via trade or FA. All guys that could put up the very same stats as Miller at a much cheaper price. Develop the talent on the farm and maybe they're good enough to take over in a few years.

Hell, both Ty Conklin and Marty Brodeur outperformed Miller last year. Two guys most Buffalo fans didn't like and were glad to see let go. I'd take either one over Miller, in a heartbeat. For two reasons, one their play on the ice would be very similiar and two both are cheaper.

Huet was available this offseason, he's better than Miller."

Nothing regarding Miller being hurt from FTY since.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
        Let's make this thread a little more interesting:

Nighthawk - 12-06-08 - 8:59 pm - "Folks, Ruff was right...Miller needs to keep his head in the game more often because he constantly gives up goals right after the Sabres score. He is a BIG reason why this team does not win many close games."

Nighthawk - 12-06-08 - 9:04 pm - "Miller is brutal!"

Hydrosmack - 11-04-08 - 6:52 - "If Ryan Miller keeps playing at the current level you might be getting hosed." A post after S11 talked about trading Miller in fantasy hockey.

After Miller received extension

FunTimesYaY! - 7-18-2008 - 11:10 am - "Oh, I can't wait to see they gave an average NHL tender 6 mill a year!

Can't wait!"

After the amount was known

FunTimesYaY! - 7-18-2008 - 1:14 pm - "Terrible deal...

Way too much for him in the next few seasons...

In 2013, yeah it's great...problem is by then if he's staying here the Sabres will be busy giving him an extension.

He's not better than Fleury, in fact, I would say they're equal and Fleury didn't get 6."

More from FunTimes - "Miller and Kiprusoff both have identical middle of the pack numbers at the goaltender position.

Miller's GAA ranked 24th, SV % ranked 29th, SOs 20th...

So how does this put Miller into the status of being paid as a top 5 goalie in the game?

They sadly overpaid for him and as a result will drive up the market for goalies that in fact are better than him....the same thing the team *****ed about when Edmonton gave Vanek an offer sheet."

"Every year middle of the pack average goalies become available either via trade or FA. All guys that could put up the very same stats as Miller at a much cheaper price. Develop the talent on the farm and maybe they're good enough to take over in a few years.

Hell, both Ty Conklin and Marty Brodeur outperformed Miller last year. Two guys most Buffalo fans didn't like and were glad to see let go. I'd take either one over Miller, in a heartbeat. For two reasons, one their play on the ice would be very similiar and two both are cheaper.

Huet was available this offseason, he's better than Miller."

Nothing regarding Miller being hurt from FTY since.
        Ok, so you jackasses can go back and get posts regarding a certain game and then just apply it to his entire season? How ignorant are some of you...I'm being serious? My quotes were about certain games and guess what...I'm sure I wasn't the only person who stated he was bad during that game...Hell, even Lindy stated it!

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

i openly admit i hated Miller and his play, and will be the first to say i was saying he was over paid and is too emotional in goal
          feel free to grab my quotes
          but on this sorry sabres team he was the lone bright spot for us and has carried us like an elite goaltender should be
          i hate to be wrong but i will put my foot in my mouth and say i was the biggest miller hater on here
          we need to make moves and if miller is out for the rest of the season
          we should be sellers at the trade deadline
          get rid of
          hecht
          max
          kotalick
          paille
          connoly
          tallinder
          lydman
          spacek
          teppo
          gerbe
          all can be replaced
          i know i know gerbe is everyone's buddy he is too small and i just dont see the speed everyone is talking about
          we need to add talent and stop overpaying for inhouse crap
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Ok, so you jackasses can go back and get posts regarding a certain game and then just apply it to his entire season? How ignorant are some of you...I'm being serious? My quotes were about certain games and guess what...I'm sure I wasn't the only person who stated he was bad during that game...Hell, even Lindy stated it!

There is only one jackass who went back. Singular, not plural.
            Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 02-23-2009, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• hydro
              • Oct 2005

Churchie

Originally posted by mchurchfie
              Two games lost doesn't constitute a slump by any means. Tampa was playing hard and looked better than I have seen them in awhile. No excuses for Buffalo, they need o get their asses in gear but it is waaay too early to panick. That being said, there is nothing special about this team. Other than Vanick nobody stands out in this team. We will probably make the POs but I doubt we have the talent or will to go all the way. Miller is waaay overrated. He lets too many soft ones in. This team seems too comfortable with its moderate success and maybe at some point we need to look at Lindy for allowing that to happen

Seems like FTY was pretty bold all last year about Miller not being good.
              BERNIAC!

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

The point doesn't make sense because no matter what one thinks of Miller, it seems to be generally believed that Lalime is worse.
                Worse is bad.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Lindy said today that the swelling was down considerably this morning which is good news.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                    • May 2005

I know you guys aren't really being mean spirited... at least I think not, but could we please refrain from calling each other jackasses. I don't fell like doing real Mod work. Thanks.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                      I know you guys aren't really being mean spirited... at least I think not, but could we please refrain from calling each other jackasses. I don't fell like doing real Mod work. Thanks.
                      My bad...won't happen again...sorry Ghost.

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

FTY had a ton to say about the Sabres during the off-season but hasn't been around much during the season, then again, most Penguin fans take off once real hockey starts being played.

I thought about this the minute his injury happened. All the idiots who rip Miller will now be crying that he is hurt. What a way to be two faced.

D & S Sports

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          My bad...won't happen again...sorry Ghost.
                          Please call me whatever you like, I don't take offense to anything. I was only goofing around in the first place.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                            Please call me whatever you like, I don't take offense to anything. I was only goofing around in the first place.
                            Nah, still shouldn't have called you a jackass. Now Hydro...ehh, that's a different story...j/k!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

My bad, I didn't see this thread during the season!

I don't really have good things to say about the Sabres in general so I tend to mostly stay out of the forum during the season.

I don't need to go back and pick and choose anything about Miller.

He's an average goalie, nothing more - nothing less, been my stance ever since he's been here....will never change.

I don't change my opinion as I see fit to make my argument or point.

The Sabres weren't a playoff team this year even if Miller never got hurt.

If people would like though, I will post more in this forum during the actual season, but I'm willing to bet no one will be too happy of what I have to say.

BTW keeping the front office/coaching intact is also a HUGE mistake...Mski and I talk hockey on occasion because he's one of my buddies, he'll back up what I was saying from the start of this year that if it was another season without playoff hockey it was time to make a change from the top on down.

Comment

Working...
                              X