PDA

View Full Version : If I could have one free agent, it would be....

xXSpIkes5IXx
02-23-2009, 02:55 PM
T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Im sick of this team having 1 weapon in the passing game. If we want to take fixing the offense seriously, i think bringing in a top level WR would be a serious step in bringing a more competant offensive unit.

X-Era
02-23-2009, 03:02 PM
T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Im sick of this team having 1 weapon in the passing game. If we want to take fixing the offense seriously, i think bringing in a top level WR would be a serious step in bringing a more competant offensive unit.

Id flat out love it!

ddaryl
02-23-2009, 03:12 PM
it wouldn't hurt

but we have no centers on our roster, so by default at this point C is a desperate need for the O. Especiallly for those cold blowing wind power running game ... games.

We can afford both TJ and Jason Brown

Pinkerton Security
02-23-2009, 03:17 PM
i cant say i disagree, though what about haynesworth?

ddaryl
02-23-2009, 03:20 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have a feeling Haynesworth's worth is not going to be all that... Rumor is many teams are unwilling to pay the guy 100+ million contract because he only plays 65% of the downs for the Titans, AND he has yet to play a full season

SquishDaFish
02-23-2009, 03:22 PM
TJ Whosyourmama for sure. Id die if we got him.

Dr. Lecter
02-23-2009, 03:27 PM
I would go with Haynesworth, Peppers and maybe Brown before TJ.

This team needs big bodies that can play the game.

BuffaloBillsStampede
02-23-2009, 03:28 PM
TJ would be my pick for sure.

SquishDaFish
02-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Brown is right there for me because of building from the lines out. I def pick Peppers over Hayns

TacklingDummy
02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Weapons on offense would be great, so would somebody who could get pressure on the other teams QB.

patmoran2006
02-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I agree that TJ would be a great addition to this team. .There isn’t any denying his talent and it doesn’t take an expert to figure out it would create a lot more opportunities for Evans. But if I’m being honest, I really think the Bills would be better served to get a really good tight end. If they don’t like any that are available free agents perhaps they will go out and get one via a trade. When you combine our horrible pass catching over the middle of the field, and Trent Edwards’ fondness for the short to intermediate passing plays, I think that a really good tight end would serve us better. I can’t think of any tight ends off the top of my head that may be available via a trade (Gonzo but I don’t think he’d want to come here), but that is a big position of need for this team, and its ALWAYS overlooked by this regime (and the ones before it)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Plus there are two other negatives about TJ. 1) I think he’s going to cost way too much money and at worst will make as much as Evans. You want that much of your cap invested in a pair of wide receivers? And 2) Some team is definitely going to overpay him and we’d lose out on a bidding war anyway. It’s pretty easy to see him on a team like <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Philadelphia</st1:City>, or maybe even SF or <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kansas City</st1:place></st1:City>.<o:p></o:p>
Personally, and I know I’m being captain obvious, but if I could have only one free agent it would be Haynesworth (who I think will ultimately resign with <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Tenn</st1:place></st1:State>). But since that isn’t happening my biggest desire is for a center, Jason Brown.<o:p></o:p>
And here is a shocker; don’t be surprised to see Michael Crabtree take a fall down the draft board with his injury questions right now. In today’s NFL with so much money going to the top heavy players in the draft, if he’s anything less than certain to be 100% he may slip down the board.<o:p></o:p>
I think that at least a couple of these DE/OLB hybrids that are having solid combines may end up leapfrogging over him early in the draft. Every team in the league is dying for the next DeMarcus Ware or Joe Thomas, and there seems to be quite a few of them (potentially)<o:p></o:p>

ParanoidAndroid
02-23-2009, 03:49 PM
TJ Whosyourmama for sure. Id die if we got him.

Dead?! ...but you'd miss the championship!