• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Vanek and Miller out: isn't this Ruff's ideal Coaching platform

Doesn't Ruff do the best when no one but his own team believes in themselves? Call me crazy, but i think the Vanekless and Millerless sabres will hang in there with the playoff spot. I can't imagine the team just simply collapsing. i like Lindy's motivational abilities as a coach adn i t hink pominville and/or hecht stops their weak play.

that's my prediction/hope. Who is with me?
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Vanek and Miller out: isn't this Ruff's ideal Coaching platform

Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

Your in the same frame of mind I am. It is going to be tested quick too. The Ducks are a tough opponent.
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

obviously this isn't ideal to lose your two best players, but let's be honest, what business did the 97-98 sabres and the 98-99 sabres have being the teams that they were? none. You can bash lindy all you want, but it seems when things are in the worst possible shape, he has his teams ready to push forward. how many times have we seen his teams make that big push in March and April to get to the spot they want to be at.

I am going to blindly trust that the sabres will make the playoffs, and they'll have miller and vanek at 100%. This may all be a blessing in disguise. Or so I hope.

Comment

• Mski
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
          obviously this isn't ideal to lose your two best players, but let's be honest, what business did the 97-98 sabres and the 98-99 sabres have being the teams that they were? none. You can bash lindy all you want, but it seems when things are in the worst possible shape, he has his teams ready to push forward. how many times have we seen his teams make that big push in March and April to get to the spot they want to be at.

I am going to blindly trust that the sabres will make the playoffs, and they'll have miller and vanek at 100%. This may all be a blessing in disguise. Or so I hope.
          umm we had HASEK those years, and wasnt 97-98 nolans last year as coach?
          RIP Tommy D!
          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
            Doesn't Ruff do the best when no one but his own team believes in themselves? Call me crazy, but i think the Vanekless and Millerless sabres will hang in there with the playoff spot. I can't imagine the team just simply collapsing. i like Lindy's motivational abilities as a coach adn i t hink pominville and/or hecht stops their weak play.

that's my prediction/hope. Who is with me?
            I'm not with you on this one...Sabres lost thier best two players to free agency last year and failed to make the playoffs. Losing Vanek and Miller isn't going to make their balls drop.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

I'm still just pissed that I'm going to not see either of them on Thursday after waiting 4 months to see the team in person.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

We will see. This team has enough experience and they can't say they're young anymore. Yes, Ruff has to get it done, but at some point these players have to man up and want it on there own.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                  I'm still just pissed that I'm going to not see either of them on Thursday after waiting 4 months to see the team in person.
                  That does suck...so it's your fault that they got hurt?

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

I think it can be done. We'll see but in previous years they suffered numerous key injuries and battled through it.

D & S Sports

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

Hey, the Bills overcame a 35-3 deficit with Kelly, Thomas and Bennett out with injuries. Buffalo teams have proven they can overcome injuries(work with me, I know my comparison is a stretch) These guys are professionals...As long as Max doesn't suit up we have a chance.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                        • Dec 2002

"Cardiac Kids" To Return To the Line Up Tuesday....
                        Skate Zilla
                        -----------------------
                        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• JD
                          Sabres Zone
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                          At least your not taking a 7 hour bus trip with 30 people to long island to watch them lose to the ****ing islanders because our two top players are out

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                            At least your not taking a 7 hour bus trip with 30 people to long island to watch them lose to the ****ing islanders because our two top players are out

They aren't going to lose to the Islanders.

D & S Sports

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
                              They aren't going to lose to the Islanders.
                              Are you sure? I'm 0-7 at away games
                              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
                              X