PDA

View Full Version : Ill tell you what, this is a deal we ought to be after!

X-Era
02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
We paid 49 for Dockery, any reason we shouldnt pay 50 for Haynesworth?

I think we should be a serious player if we could win it at 7 and say 63.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/23/soft-market-for-haynesworth/

LtFinFan66
02-23-2009, 06:18 PM
he wants 100 million with 30 guaranteed....he is on crack. This isn't MLB

X-Era
02-23-2009, 06:20 PM
he want 100 million with 30 guaranteed....he is on crack. This isn't MLB

And do you think we would be smart to be in the mix at say 7 for 63?

Luisito23
02-23-2009, 06:32 PM
No EE...

X-Era
02-23-2009, 06:39 PM
No EE...

OK, Why?

LtFinFan66
02-23-2009, 06:40 PM
And do you think we would be smart to be in the mix at say 7 for 63?I am not part of your "we" but that seems reasonable. That contract the Raiders gave out the other day didn't help (even though it was a CB)

X-Era
02-23-2009, 06:46 PM
I am not part of your "we" but that seems reasonable. That contrat the Raiders gave out the other day didn't help (even though it was a CB)

Speaking of the Raiders, Im not sure anyone has a higher DL contract than Tommy Kelly? Maybe Tommie Harris?

Ill check....

Kelly- 7 for 50.5 ...http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2008/02/28/kelly-breaks-the-bank/

Harris- 4 for 40 ...http://proathletesonly.com/news/locker-room/tommie-harris-gets-40-million-extension-from-bears/

so, Id say the reasonable parameters are 7.5-10 mill per. I dont consider him better than Harris.

7 for 63 is 9 and I think thats about what he will get.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-23-2009, 06:47 PM
7years63mil is crazy but the guy is awesome and i think he will help us break the .500 mark if singed so im hopeful we land him. Stroud and AH would be deadly.

X-Era
02-23-2009, 06:50 PM
7years63mil is crazy but the guy is awesome and i think he will help us break the .500 mark if singed so im hopeful we land him. Stroud and AH would be deadly.

Can you imagine?

Stroud was not extended/re-signed at the trade and hes only got 2 or 3 years left. Locking up AH gives us the ability to not have to bank on Stroud at his cheaper rate.

Plus, the 2 together may make the best DT tandem in the league. Add in an early DE pick and a OLB and our D is way better!

Luisito23
02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
OK, Why?

Money first of all, and also because I think they're comfortable with Kyle and Marcus...

SeatownBillsFan21
02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
top 10 Def top 3 run def no doubt that we should PAY THAT MAN HIS MONEY

X-Era
02-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Money first of all, and also because I think they're comfortable with Kyle and Marcus...

Kyle and Marcus? So, Marcus I can see, and I like Kyle.

But any owner who says we dont have enough talent and could add one of the best DT's in the league at only a bit more than he paid for a OG, ought to be more than willing to put his money where his mouth is.... :rolleyes:

I agree it probably wont happen... hence the term "should" in my original post.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Willams is a good backup bring in AH no matter the price I want to win now no more projects please

yordad
02-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Guys, if we got Haynesworth, somehow resigned Crowell, and drafted Orakpo.... then maybe even Jauron could make a playoff run happen.

It all starts in the middle. In the trenches.

63 mill for 7 years? Um... yeah. Yes, please. We should re-sign Crowell too, like I have been saying for over a year now. Peters and his extension can wait one more year.

And still have all our other picks left? Shinny new TE and C anyone?

DraftBoy
02-23-2009, 07:59 PM
I dont want Albert to be honest. You pay this guy and he is going to not be the same player. I dont think either he or Peppers is worth the contracts they are going to get.

X-Era
02-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Guys, if we got Haynesworth, somehow resigned Crowell, and drafted Orakpo.... then maybe even Jauron could make a playoff run happen.

It all starts in the middle. In the trenches.

63 mill for 7 years? Um... yeah. Yes, please. We should re-sign Crowell too, like I have been saying for over a year now. Peters and his extension can wait one more year.

And still have all our other picks left? Shinny new TE and C anyone?

Ok, just to blast my own idea... why are the other teams out there gonna stand by while we get a decent deal for a top DT in the league and the best free agent this year?

I want this type of a move to happen, trust me. It makes a ton of sense. But I think were gonna have competition for his services.

Besides, the Skins like him... supposedly... so we might get in a bidding war. Obviously that worries me.

I have an aching feeling that he will take the highest bidder and since hes the top free agent, that may not be us.

However, if we have the nards to offer the 7 for 63, and that would put us in the mix. Which means we have more than no offer at all.

In the end, I like the offer, we should make it... but we still probably wont, and even if we did we may not get him. But I remain hopeful that we will do what it takes to get significantly better.

tat2dmike77
02-23-2009, 08:43 PM
I dont want Albert to be honest. You pay this guy and he is going to not be the same player. I dont think either he or Peppers is worth the contracts they are going to get.

Soon as they get paid they decline.

tat2dmike77
02-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Ok, just to blast my own idea... why are the other teams out there gonna stand by while we get a decent deal for a top DT in the league and the best free agent this year?

I want this type of a move to happen, trust me. It makes a ton of sense. But I think were gonna have competition for his services.

Besides, the Skins like him... supposedly... so we might get in a bidding war. Obviously that worries me.

I have an aching feeling that he will take the highest bidder and since hes the top free agent, that may not be us.

However, if we have the nards to offer the 7 for 63, and that would put us in the mix. Which means we have more than no offer at all.

In the end, I like the offer, we should make it... but we still probably wont, and even if we did we may not get him. But I remain hopeful that we will do what it takes to get significantly better.

Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones still have yet to figure out that you can't just buy a bunch of players and expect them to win a super bowl. So let them overpay for a player all they want.

Haynesworth will have one maybe two good seasons left in him. Here is the deal with most big name FA's they are either entering thier final years of being at the top of thier game. Or they are just big names that still want to play but are in a steady decline.

X-Era
02-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones still have yet to figure out that you can't just buy a bunch of players and expect them to win a super bowl. So let them overpay for a player all they want.

Haynesworth will have one maybe two good seasons left in him. Here is the deal with most big name FA's they are either entering thier final years of being at the top of thier game. Or they are just big names that still want to play but are in a steady decline.

If your serious about getting better, this guy helps day one. But your going to have to open your check book and maybe move some money around.

yordad
02-23-2009, 09:29 PM
I don't think that will be enough actually. And I think he has plenty left in the tank.

jamze132
02-23-2009, 09:55 PM
I agree about their level of play but I still want him. Even if Albert is playing at 80%, that 100% better then the other options not named Stroud...

Akhippo
02-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Especially since DT seems to be the hardest to draft. Drafting one of the most important positions has been a crapshoot throughout the league. Haynesworth is proven. Even if he slacks, thats still better than what we have had since Pat.

Tatonka
02-23-2009, 11:42 PM
best 2 years were when he was in the final year of his deal and playing for a contract.