X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

League Source: "No Chance" Crowell is back in Buffalo

Not sure about the source but for what its worth...

In three years as a starter, he posted 119, 82 and 126 tackles but missed last year when he opted to have knee surgery late in the preseason. Even though he would have been out only four to six weeks, the Bills objected to the operation and placed him on injured reserve. A league source said there's "no chance" Crowell will be back in Buffalo.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: League Source: "No Chance" Crowell is back in Buffalo

he should be banished from the league for that crap.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
        he should be banished from the league for that crap.
        For having a surgery he needed?? Give me a break.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

no for waiting till the last minute to make that decision and essentially screwing the team

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
            no for waiting till the last minute to make that decision and essentially screwing the team
            He tried to play with his injury and realized he couldnt. Him going two games and then hurting himself further wouldnt help us either. The guys take a **** kicking enough as it is in the NFL. If a guy wants surgery then he deserves the right to get the surgery and not have any fan of any team question him for it. That's ridiculous. Most of these guys struggle to walk once they hit 50.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Crowell is a good player and will fill a hole. I hope the FO has a better reason than vindictiveness for not trying real hard to bring him back.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                Crowell is a good player and will fill a hole. I hope the FO has a better reason than vindictiveness for not trying real hard to bring him back.
                Is stupidity a good reason? Cuz that is the only reason I can think of not to want him back. But, it takes 2 to tango.

Oh, maybe they all have bad eyes too, and didn't notice how bad Ellsion was.
                Last edited by yordad; 02-24-2009, 07:54 AM.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by yordad
                  Is stupidity a good reason? Cuz that is the only reason I can think of not to want him back. But, it takes 2 to tango.
                  Yeah, maybe it's as much Crowells' doing as the Bills.'
                  Last edited by Jan Reimers; 02-24-2009, 07:56 AM.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    He tried to play with his injury and realized he couldnt. Him going two games and then hurting himself further wouldnt help us either. The guys take a **** kicking enough as it is in the NFL. If a guy wants surgery then he deserves the right to get the surgery and not have any fan of any team question him for it. That's ridiculous. Most of these guys struggle to walk once they hit 50.
                    He screwed the team in a major way. The decision for surgery has to be made sooner. Crowell obviously wasn't comunicating with the Bills very well about the extent of his injury. Under no circumstances should he had prolonged getting checked out and delaying possible surgery

It was obvious that the Bills were flabergasted by the fact he opted for Surgery right before the season... Us fans were equally peeved when he all of sudden made the decision.

I'm still pissed off at Crowell for that move...

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

I dont think he should be banned from the league, but I can certainly see how, as an employer, if one of your players is pretty much being subordinate in a way that will harm the organization (ie. make us suckier), that they would hold some sort of a grudge and be unwilling to negotiate (see peters, Jason last offseason)

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

I think we fans can be pissed at Crowell (I definitely am) but both the Bills' FO and Crowell should handle this in a professional, non-emotional manner.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                          • Feb 2005

If I were AC, id do what is best for me and screw the bills. the organization showed vindictiveness in IRing him and he owes NOTHING to the bills. Id go for the money in a place that has a winning organization.
                          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ddaryl
                            I'm still pissed off at Crowell for that move...
                            Me too. But business is business. Wins is wins. Talent is talent. Production is production.
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              that is a load of crap. The team doctors knew he needed surgery much earlier and asked him to have it. He said no he would play and then the day his contract was solidified he went and had the surgery. He stuck it to the team to protect his pocketbook. There should be a law aganst what he did and no other team should let that ******* on their squad either.

Comment

Working...
                              X