X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

My draft take

Honestly I do not see a lot at 11 that just makes me crazy, below I listed a couple of options that I think we might do, let me know what you guys think. These are in no particular order by the way.

1. Draft Ray Mahleaga and move Poz to OLB, look Ray is a stud and ran the same 40 time as Ray Lewis. Ray will probably win Defensive rookie of the year and would make running up the middle unheard of against us. Poz on the outside gives us a lot of speed and might allow him to make more plays on the ball...

2. Draft an OL that falls from the top 10. Langston Walker is only signed for 3 more years and we could draft one of the tackles to take his place next year on the right side. However, this guy would more than likely be Andre Smith, who has the potential to be an all pro RT for the next decade but he seems like a shelfish me first guy, probably would be unseen during the offseason, might have weight issues, and is probably a holdout waiting to happen. In other words Mike Williams unknown little brother, I am not a fan of this idea but at 11 can you really pass on a top 5 talent prospect.

3. BJ Raji, if he is on the board he becomes my first choice, need not say any more.

4. Trade down if Smith or Sanchez are still on the board with someone in the 20s, where we would draft Michael Johnson DE GTech, or Alex Mack. I personally really like the center from Alabama, Caldwell, and would prefer we go after Jason Brown or Meester (jags center) and then draft a center in round 3 or later.

I am just not as excited anymore about the 11th pick as I was last year.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: My draft take

I am there are tons of good options.

I'll take

Orakapo DE

Maclin WR

Jenkins CB

Maualuga LB

Those are players who I feel will be there at #11 and would be BPA worth taking at #11

of course any of the top 10 that falls would also be an option for us... and if there isn't anything we like trading down is also an option

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

1. I don't think Maualuga is such the stud people think he is. Look at his draft profile - it's very, very similar to Poz. Ray Lewis also plays ILB in a 3-4 where he doesn't need as much speed. I don't think Maualuga would make it impossible to run against us - "slow" Evan Royster from PSU was averaging over 5 yards per carry against the vaunted USC defense before he got injured. Right now Rey is a late first-round draft pick, not worth it at 11.

2. Depending on what happens in FA, I think we have too many needs to draft an OL-man. Three years is plenty of time to find a replacement for Walker. Heck, whoever we took there would probably only be signed for 5 years anyway, that means the player gets to start for 2 years. Not worth it at 11, imo.

3. Raji would be a good pick, though I doubt he falls that far. GB is hard to predict, but they do need an NT.

4. I'd love to trade down. There is a lot of value in the late-first, early-second rounds.

It stinks that the top DE's from college are mainly 3-4 OLB prospects. However, with Schobel playing at 240 pounds, I could see OBD not being shy about taking someone who weights 250 pounds or so as a DE.

I think Maclin is a possibility at 11, although we'll see if he lasts. There are a lot of teams ahead of us that need WR's.

If we can't trade down and there aren't too many intriguing prospects at 11, I could easily see the Bills reaching for someone like Ayers or Tyson Jackson.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DesertFox24
        • Jul 2005

Yeah I forgot to mention Maclin, whom would give us two legit number 1 WRs, 2 number 2s (Johnson and Hardy), and 3 slot guys (Jenkins, Reed, and Parrish).

I think we would carry these seven guys as well.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

I'd love to see us trade down to the early twenties and nab another pick in Round 2 or 3 as unless Orakpo or Brown fall to pick 11 it doesn't look like the players that will be available at pick 11 will make much of an impact here.

Comment

Working...
          X