02-24-2009, 10:20 AM
:pray:

ddaryl
02-24-2009, 10:22 AM
If we sign Taylor then I feel Lynch is a goner

It'll be the Taylor and Jackson show.

seanbillsfan
I really wouldn't mind getting Taylor if his salary demands aren't too high. We need a vet on the offense to show some form of leadership.

realdealryan
Did he already go to Fuxboro? He won't leave Buffalo without a grand slam and a contract, right?

***Almost forgot. Zonebucks riding on this signing.....***

Michael82
02-24-2009, 10:25 AM
I'd rather have Lynch and Jackson over Jackson and Taylor.

TacklingDummy
02-24-2009, 10:30 AM
I'd rather have Lynch and Jackson over Jackson and Taylor.

I'd rather have Jackson/Taylor and trade Lynch for a late first round or early 2nd round pick.

Pinkerton Security
02-24-2009, 10:35 AM
I'd rather have Jackson/Taylor and trade Lynch for a late first round or early 2nd round pick.

really?? who woulda guessed?

Pinkerton Security
02-24-2009, 10:36 AM
If we sign Taylor then I feel Lynch is a goner

It'll be the Taylor and Jackson show.

its tough to trade RB's bc they are easier to find than many positions, and i doubt we cut him.

realdealryan
02-24-2009, 10:40 AM
How about all 3? Lynch is signed, Jackson won't be expensive, and neither will Taylor. And Bluntshawn will be out a few games...

DraftBoy
02-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I dont see this turning into anything.

Michael82
02-24-2009, 10:41 AM
How about all 3? Lynch is signed, Jackson won't be expensive, and neither will Taylor. And Bluntshawn will be out a few games...
Taylor won't come here to be the #3 RB. No way! He could easily be #2 or #1 in New England.

Griz78
02-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Well if Lynch is going to miss some games due to suspension, it is good to get Taylor if it is reasonable. Also, Lynch has missed games the last couple of years.

Remember the Miami game, Jackson had to go in on goal line when Lynch was sick. Same with Denver game when Omon went in there.

The way Lynch runs, he will get hurt from time to time, we need a third back.

I believe the Bills are looking at if that happens again, they can score a TD instead of a FG and maybe win an extra game here or there.

Just a thought.

madness
02-24-2009, 10:42 AM
This offense needs three competent backs and is at least a four RB roster. If we sign Taylor, I don't see Lynch or Jackson going anywhere.

realdealryan
02-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Taylor won't come here to be the #3 RB. No way! He could easily be #2 or #1 in New England.

Maybe he won't be #3. Maybe Fred Jackson wants a lot of cash. Maybe Goodell will make an example of the bay area pimp. A lot of variables.

Italian Stallion
02-24-2009, 10:46 AM
With all of Lynch's issues lately..if they traded him I wouldnt be upset in the least.

When he hit that girl with his car last off season he should have been smart enough to realize that: A) he got extremely lucky the girl didn't die B) that more evidence wasn't present to lock him up.

This isn't a racial comment so please bare with me. I dont care where you grow up and who your friends with. As soon as you sign that contract for NFL money an fame, a person must be smart enough to rid themselves of all distractions and bad situations they could get caught up in.

Obviously Lynch either isn't smart enough, or doesn't care enough to realize that hes a role-model and and a reflection of the team and city he plays for.

I also think it was extremely insulting that Lynch didn't speak to the media at all until mid-season after his first arrest. Why? Because people in the media are trying to figure out why the starting running back of the Buffalo Bills is in holding for hitting a human being and fleeing the scene? Did he feel victimized that people wanted to know exactly what kind of person wears the #23 on Sundays? If so I have very little sympathy for him.

I dont care that his most recent charges were only misdemeanors....it shows an increasingly poor pattern of behavior that I honestly just can't sit back on Sundays and forget about.

Trade him for what you can, cut your losses and move forward. Pressing on with him and saying nothing suggests that the organization condones this kind of behavior...only if your a good player.

ddaryl
02-24-2009, 10:52 AM
This offense needs three competent backs and is at least a four RB roster. If we sign Taylor, I don't see Lynch or Jackson going anywhere.

there is no way Taylor will sign with Buffalo if the Bills keep Lynch and Jackson. Taylor wouldn't mind being a #2 RB no way he agrees to be a #3, and no way the Bills toss him a contract over vet minimum to be a #3, and no way Taylor accepts vet minimum

madness
02-24-2009, 11:00 AM
there is no way Taylor will sign with Buffalo if the Bills keep Lynch and Jackson. Taylor wouldn't mind being a #2 RB no way he agrees to be a #3, and no way the Bills toss him a contract over vet minimum to be a #3, and no way Taylor accepts vet minimum

I feel he'd get more opportunities at #3 in Buffalo then #2 in most places. Turk wants two backs on the field a majority of the time and that pretty much makes our #3 the primary backup... something we didn't have last year since Oman wasn't ready to see the field.

Pinkerton Security
02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
I feel he'd get more opportunities at #3 in Buffalo then #2 in most places. Turk wants two backs on the field a majority of the time and that pretty much makes our #3 the primary backup.

thats fine that you feel that way, but how often did we have 2 backs on the field last year? and what makes you think it will change dramatically this year?

realdealryan
02-24-2009, 11:04 AM
I feel he'd get more opportunities at #3 in Buffalo then #2 in most places. Turk wants two backs on the field a majority of the time and that pretty much makes our #3 the primary backup.

Good call. I wasn't really comfortable with all of this #2 and #3 talk.

Turk is probably letting Taylor know about our new "SUPER WILDCAT" formation right now, Jackson at quarterback with Taylor on one side and Lynch on the other and Trent split out wide. Motion either back wide, do anything you want, really.

Between that and Moons over My Hammy, how could he not sign?

floridajoe
02-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Sign him to a reasonable contract and let the better man win the starting and backup jobs. There is not a lot of money tied up in the position. The more the merrier in my opinion.

madness
02-24-2009, 11:25 AM
thats fine that you feel that way, but how often did we have 2 backs on the field last year? and what makes you think it will change dramatically this year?

I don't have the exact numbers but I can recall numerous times where..

1. one was lined out wide with the other in the backfield
2. both were in the backfield split
3. both were in the backfield in a "I" formation

Quotes from an article last year on Jackson's rise...

The Bills so much like Jackson as a dual threat that they have occasionally used both him and Lynch on the field at the same time to keep defense's guessing.

"He and Marshawn are very, very similar and it showed last year," Schonert said. "I was real excited about having those two guys in the backfield at the same time."

realdealryan
02-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Anyone watch the interview? Regular things being said, but he went out of his way to say he is a big Jauron fan, and that Stroud said he needed to come up and visit.

X-Era
02-24-2009, 04:58 PM
I watched it.

I was most impressed with how he talked like your best example of a true team player.

I kept thinking to myself what a stark contrast he was to McGahee.

What a great addition he would be both on the field and in the locker room. I really think he could help turn Marshawns off the field crap around.

In fact the only downside I see is Rosen-Douche for an agent.

floridajoe
02-24-2009, 05:55 PM
I watched it.

I was most impressed with how he talked like your best example of a true team player.

I kept thinking to myself what a stark contrast he was to McGahee.

What a great addition he would be both on the field and in the locker room. I really think he could help turn Marshawns off the field crap around.

In fact the only downside I see is Rosen-Douche for an agent.

Anytime we can get the "Anti-McGahee", I'm all for it.

SquishDaFish
02-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Sign him up. Why cant every player have his attitude? Damn

Jeff1220
02-24-2009, 07:14 PM
I like Taylor a lot still, even at his age, after all the injuries, etc. I would love this if they could swing all three backs, ala the Giants the past few years.

jamze132
02-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Go Gators!

I would love for Taylor to come in and contriibute to our offense. He would probably start at least 4 games and Turk could do some interesting things with the offense with those three guys on the field simultaniously.

realdealryan
02-26-2009, 10:48 PM
http://patsblog.projo.com/2009/02/f-taylor-likely.html

One source is reporting that he's likely to become a Patriot.

meh

CuseJetsFan83
02-27-2009, 07:40 AM
pft/ adam schefter have both reported the bills and patriots offered contracts to taylor, whom subsequently has chosen the patriots

DraftBoy
02-27-2009, 07:43 AM
KFFL is also reporting that Taylor will be signing with the Patriots over the Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2009, 07:45 AM
KFFL is also reporting that Taylor will be signing with the Patriots over the Bills.
BOOOOO.

Can't say I am surprised though.

-He will get a chance to play a lot
-He has a much better chance at a ring.

Sucks because I have always liked Taylor. Now I must hate him.

CuseJetsFan83
02-27-2009, 07:46 AM
BOOOOO.

Can't say I am surprised though.

-He will get a chance to play a lot
-He has a much better chance at a ring.

Sucks because I have always liked Taylor. Now I must hate him.

same here, but doesn't this make 5 tailbacks in NE now?

DraftBoy
02-27-2009, 07:48 AM

They had like two or three go down to injury last year didnt they??

CuseJetsFan83
02-27-2009, 07:51 AM
They had like two or three go down to injury last year didnt they??

yessum, but still would be odd to see them carry 5 tailbacks all year

Historian
02-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Why would he want to sign with this mickey mouse organization when he could go to NE and still possibly get a ring?

No brainer to me.

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Hmm

Maroney
Taylor
Green-Ellis
Morris
Faulk

They could easily get rid of Maroney or Green Ellis IMO..

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Why would he want to sign with this mickey mouse organization when he could go to NE and still possibly get a ring?

No brainer to me.
Sadly you are right on.

CuseJetsFan83
02-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Hmm

Maroney
Taylor
Green-Ellis
Morris
Faulk

They could easily get rid of Maroney or Green Ellis IMO..

green-ellis stays... i think this is insurance for maroney with his issues the past few years

floridajoe
02-27-2009, 08:00 AM
He'll have a far less impact in that backfield than he would in ours. I don't see that his signing makes the Pats any better than they were.

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2009, 08:01 AM
green-ellis stays... i think this is insurance for maroney with his issues the past few years
I wouldn't be surprised to see Maroney cut. BB isnt a fan of his from what I have seen

CuseJetsFan83
02-27-2009, 08:03 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Maroney cut. BB isnt a fan of his from what I have seen

that's true as well, if maroney is to be cut, would you say its worth a shot?

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2009, 08:04 AM
No **** maroney