PDA

View Full Version : Bills hosting FA WR Kelley Washington

madness
02-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Vtext...

Buffalo is also hosting veteran free agent receiver Kelley Washington today.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/wr-washington-visits-bills/3164921c-61bb-4e55-86ee-18ab99fecb9e

bigbub2352
02-24-2009, 12:41 PM
another STer to compete with Jenkins? lol

SeatownBillsFan21
02-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Sweet another role player on a 2nd string team

Mahdi
02-24-2009, 12:45 PM
I like it. He has a lot of untapped potential and has great size.

madness
02-24-2009, 01:04 PM
another STer to compete with Jenkins? lol

Who can actually get on the field as a WR though.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2009, 01:05 PM
He is BLAHHHH to me.

Mitchell55
02-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Wouldnt be bad. Good for at least 2 TDs a year. Not only that but hes been behind alot of great WRs, House, Chad, Moss, and Welker. Here he might get a shot.

Night Train
02-24-2009, 01:20 PM
'hosting' sounds like they're having tea and crumpets..

madness
02-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Just spoke with Kelley Washington, who is visting the Bills (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/wr-washington-visits-bills/3164921c-61bb-4e55-86ee-18ab99fecb9e) as well here on Tuesday. He thinks he can bring another dimension to the Buffalo passing attack.
He said he has other visits lined up, but would not disclose those NFL teams.
Washington said Buffalo’s top ranked special teams unit appeals to him as well, since that’s where he’s gotten the better part of his playing time the past two years in New England.

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Just spoke with Kelley Washington, who is visting the Bills (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/wr-washington-visits-bills/3164921c-61bb-4e55-86ee-18ab99fecb9e) as well here on Tuesday. He thinks he can bring another dimension to the Buffalo passing attack.
He said he has other visits lined up, but would not disclose those NFL teams.
Washington said Buffalo’s top ranked special teams unit appeals to him as well, since that’s where he’s gotten the better part of his playing time the past two years in New England.
Yet the Patriots favored keeping Sam Aiken over Washington which tells me a lot about Washington. While I liked his potential coming out of Tennessee he has yet to do anything the pros with the Bengals or Patriots. So to me if signed he's just another guy aka Teyo Johnson from last off season.

justasportsfan
02-24-2009, 07:50 PM
I like it. He has a lot of untapped potential and has great size.
its not like we're the type of team to bring out that untapped potential. Our starters are still untapped potential until now. Even our most proven players like Peters and Lee have regressed and the ones we cut like Leonard ended up being better than our starters. :ill:

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 07:52 PM
its not like we're the type of team to bring out that untapped potential. Our starters are still untapped potential until now. Even our most proven players like Peters and Lee have regressed and the ones we cut like Leonard ended up being better than our starters. :ill:
Was Leonard really better or was the talent around Leonard better that then allowed Leonard to not do as much and appear better?

justasportsfan
02-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Was Leonard really better or was the talent around Leonard better that then allowed Leonard to not do as much and appear better?
I don't care if he had better talent around him. Based on where Whitner was drafted, he should be making plays that should offset Leonards HUGE plays in the playoffs. Our safeties couldn't even do squat vs. crappy teams. Even Andre Davis did better when we cut him before he went down to injury.

I really think we have very good players. unfortunately they are put in situations to fail which is why I'm saying, we're not the team to bring out untapped potential. If we can't bring out the best from our best players, I doubt we can do anything with washington.

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 08:04 PM
I don't care if he had better talent around him. Based on where Whitner was drafted, he should be making plays that should offset Leonards HUGE plays in the playoffs. Our safeties couldn't even do squat vs. crappy teams. Even Andre Davis did better when we cut him before he went down to injury.

I really think we have very good players. unfortunately they are put in situations to fail which is why I'm saying, we're not the team to bring out untapped potential. If we can't bring out the best from our best players, I doubt we can do anything with washington.
Your preaching to the choir on Whitner. I felt he was a reach and still to this day feel that. I still feel passing on Bunkley was a big time mistake.

justasportsfan
02-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Your preaching to the choir on Whitner. I felt he was a reach and still to this day feel that. I still feel passing on Bunkley was a big time mistake.
when NOT a single player on your team is playing like a probowler and the ones that were have regressed obviously , you have to wonder whats wrong with coaching. Especially when the coaching staff are still saying "we have to do a better job/we need to get better " into their 4th year in the meantime teams like miami make playoffs in their first year of rebuild.

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 08:11 PM
when NOT a single player on your team is playing like a prbowler, you have to wonder whats wrong with coaching.
Coaching plays a part but also talent can make an average coach even better. As let's not forget Jauron's best year as a HC was one in which he had Ted Washington manning the middle of his defense. While Marcus Stroud is a good player I don't think he's Ted Washington good. Though the reason I lament on passing on Bunkley is because of that we ended up 1)Trading up for McCargo, 2)Trading for Darwin Walker, 3)Trading for Stroud etc.

justasportsfan
02-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Coaching plays a part but also talent can make an average coach even better. As let's not forget Jauron's best year as a HC was one in which he had Ted Washington manning the middle of his defense. While Marcus Stroud is a good player I don't think he's Ted Washington good. Though the reason I lament on passing on Bunkley is because of that we ended up 1)Trading up for McCargo, 2)Trading for Darwin Walker, 3)Trading for Stroud etc.
this coaching staff had 3 years to build this team. This coaching staff decided to keep and pay guys like Kelsay and keep guys like Wilson over Leonard. Even if we had an all pro team , I think the best that dick can do is playoffs. Their play not to lose /conservative philosophy will only regress probowl talent.

I doubt Dick is a sb coach and some bills fans forget that winning the sb is the goal. Our coaches don't even know how to attack the 3-4 D.

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 08:34 PM
this coaching staff had 3 years to build this team. This coaching staff decided to keep and pay guys like Kelsay and keep guys like Wilson over Leonard. Even if we had an all pro team , I think the best that dick can do is playoffs. Their play not to lose /conservative philosophy will only regress probowl talent.

I doubt Dick is a sb coach and some bills fans forget that winning the sb is the goal. Our coaches don't even know how to attack the 3-4 D.
Fair enough but let's face it when you find a rookie QB who's better then your incumbent it does cause your second and third years to be stuttered. Granted our front office didn't help too much as still lamenting we failed to bring in a veteran WR with size to be our #2 WR last year or upgrade our TE other then drafting Derek Fine. Also last year think we were hurt big time by Peters' hold out and the injury to Schobel. As too many people rag on his Pro Bowl status but you can't deny that a healthy Schobel sure did make Kelsay look better in 2007. That said I wasn't happen with the contract Kelsay got either but nothing we can do about that.

justasportsfan
02-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Fair enough but let's face it when you find a rookie QB who's better then your incumbent it does cause your second and third years to be stuttered. Granted our front office didn't help too much as still lamenting we failed to bring in a veteran WR with size to be our #2 WR last year or upgrade our TE other then drafting Derek Fine. Also last year think we were hurt big time by Peters' hold out and the injury to Schobel. As too many people rag on his Pro Bowl status but you can't deny that a healthy Schobel sure did make Kelsay look better in 2007. That said I wasn't happen with the contract Kelsay got either but nothing we can do about that.
OUr FO reacts and try to make moves based on the coaches inputs. Lack of talent was not an excuse for the Pats . They were the most injured team when it came to their starters and yet we continued to be their *****. Whether it was an inexperienced qb or an unkown rb in Ellis Green or a bills reject in Sam Morris as their starters, they all performed because they have great coaches. Unlike the bills they bring out the best from their players.

As for our qb situation, its hard to make excuses when guys like Flacco is leading his team to the playoffs

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 08:44 PM
OUr FO reacts and try to make moves based on the coaches inputs. Lack of talent was not an excuse for the Pats . They were the most injured team when it came to their starters and yet we continued to be their *****. Whether it was an inexperienced qb or an unkown rb in Ellis Green or a bills reject in Sam Morris as their starters, they all performed because they have great coaches. Unlike the bills they bring out the best from their players.
Yeah well hate to tell you but Randy Moss and Wes Welker are better then any WR on our roster. That said The Pats defense also has a helluva more talent then we do as Richard Seymour is a top 10 defensive player whereas I can't claim that about anyone on our defense. Also Belechek is an awesome coach and think you'll agree way better then Jauron.

in terms of Flacco, was he leading that team or was he riding the coattails of an above average defenese? Also Flacco has a guy like Derrick Mason to throw to who's better then Lee Evans IMHO.

justasportsfan
02-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah well hate to tell you but Randy Moss and Wes Welker are better then any WR on our roster. That said The Pats defense also has a helluva more talent then we do as Richard Seymour is a top 10 defensive player whereas I can't claim that about anyone on our defense. Also Belechek is an awesome coach and think you'll agree way better then Jauron.
So they are still getting the best out of everyone young or old and we arent. That was my point.

Trent Edwards wouldn't have been as bad if he was with the Pats. Their coaches would know how to make use of his strengths.

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 08:53 PM
So they are still getting the best out of everyone young or old and we arent. That was my point.

Trent Edwards wouldn't have been as bad if he was with the Pats. Their coaches would know how to make use of his strengths.
They did to a degree but seriously our front office did almost nothing in the 2008 offseason to improve the talent on the O side of the ball and yes we drafted some rookies but to me asking a rookie to make an impact in the NFL is an exception not the rule. Then once Trent lost Josh Reed he lost his security blanket and confidence. Also it allowed teams to player Lee Evans closer and caused thinks to really limit Edwards. I'm not giving our coaching staff an easy pass either but the truth is this whole team is settled in being average at best thanks to it's owner and to really expect anything more is asking a lot. As hate to say it but we lucked out in the glory years when had a guy like Polian here. Also in retrospect John Butler and AJ Smith were also pretty damn good talent evaluators too, a damn shame we have an owner who rather have his pride then a great football team.

justasportsfan
02-24-2009, 08:59 PM
They did but once Trent lost Josh Reed he lost his security blanket and confidence. Also it allowed teams to player Lee Evans closer and caused thinks to really limit Edwards. the pats didn't lose confidence when they lost Brady. We can sit here all day and make excuses for our players but in the end, those excuses mean nothign when compared to other teams. We're not the only ones who had injuries and like I said, we weren't even the most injury riddles team in the AFCE.

If Trents brain gets rattled when he loses his security blanket then you have to wonder what the hell this coaching staff is doing by making him the annointed qb. Sounds like Trents a wuss.

I'm not giving our coaching staff an easy pass either but the truth is this whole team is settled in being average at best thanks to it's owner and to really expect anything more is asking a lot. As hate to say it but we lucked out in the glory years when had a guy like Polian here. Also in retrospect John Butler and AJ Smith were also pretty damn good talent evaluators too, a damn shame we have an owner who rather have his pride then a great football team. I agree about Ralph but you should add Dick , Turk and fewell to the equation of Ralph being cheap. I know Dick wasn't his first choice but he re-signed him.

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 09:06 PM
the pats didn't lose confidence when they lost Brady. We can sit here all day and make excuses for our players but in the end, those excuses mean nothign when compared to other teams. We're not the only ones who had injuries and like I said, we weren't even the most injury riddles team in the AFCE.

I will admit the Bills didn't lose any player nearly as good as Tom Brady. That said we didn't have guys like Moss, Welker or the coaching staff in place that could allow us to do the things the Pats did. The truth is there is no one thing, talent, coaching etc that makes a great team great but rather a combination of things which we sorely lack now and have for all but maybe 10 years of this fabled franchise that's touting it's 50th anniversary. I hate being so negative with the eve of free agency because I love the off season as to me it's like Christmas but sadly don't think we have a parent that will ever buy us the nice new shiny bike we really want but instead he'll get a used bike and put a fresh coat of paint on it and think we should be happy with it.

Oaf
02-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Yet the Patriots favored keeping Sam Aiken over Washington

:eek: My gosh.

justasportsfan
02-24-2009, 09:16 PM
I will admit the Bills didn't lose any player nearly as good as Tom Brady. That said we didn't have guys like Moss, Welker or the coaching staff in place that could allow us to do the things the Pats did. The truth is there is no one thing, talent, coaching etc that makes a great team great but rather a combination of things which we sorely lack now and have for all but maybe 10 years of this fabled franchise that's touting it's 50th anniversary. I hate being so negative with the eve of free agency because I love the off season as to me it's like Christmas but sadly don't think we have a parent that will ever buy us the nice new shiny bike we really want but instead he'll get a used bike and put a fresh coat of paint on it and think we should be happy with it.
I can only hope we grab players whos talent can offset the cluelessness of this coaching staff. Maybe that talent will take us to the playoffs and when Dick is gone hopefully we can bring is a coach that knows how to use that talent.

Dick a great motivator but the guy has proven his entire carreer his isn't the smartest guy when picking his assistants and is loyal to his mistakes

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 09:21 PM
I can only hope we grab players whos talent can offset the cluelessness of this coaching staff. Maybe that talent will take us to the playoffs and when Dick is gone hopefully we can bring is a coach that knows how to use that talent.

Dick a great motivator but the guy has proven his entire carreer his isn't the smartest guy when picking his assistants and is loyal to his mistakes
I can hope we unearth some great talent but in all honesty with the way our FO has been of late wouldn't count on it. Yet f we make the playoffs then that probably means Jauron stays and can't see him ever lead us to a Super Bowl we all hope for unless again the talent surpassing his coaching abilities but again great talent alone can't do that as evident by our glory years.