PDA

View Full Version : What is OBD view on Omon?

trapezeus
02-24-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't like the idea of trading ML, but if that is the way they go, what is their opinion on Omon. He was suppose to be a pretty good back with some stuff to work on. If taylor is being brought in, it suggests to me that they aren't ready to make omon a key piece to the run game.

And if that's the case, it shows you how poor our drafting is. Wright was gone in a year for Omon. Omon rarely gets on the field. Regardless of his talent, the bills coaching staff has been slow to find their diamonds in the rough. Fred Jackson sat around for year, Steve Johnson showed skills when he played but didn't get more chances. Leonard was let go to be a decent starter for the RAvens.

I don't know what the Bills would stock pile a position that they have more than enough capabilities. And it's not even like we run the ball effectively with great running backs anyways.

Griz78
02-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Betweebn suspension and injuries I am guessing Marshawn will miss about half a season, thus we need Fred Taylor.

Mitchell55
02-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Worse then Taylor, better than Shaud Williams

bigbub2352
02-24-2009, 01:42 PM
i think it has more to do with Lynch and his offeild crap then it does anything else
Omon is raw and needed playing time that he did not get "Turk's fault"
most teams have 3 RBs active for a game our offense is way to basic and sad
hence why we never score ever

DraftBoy
02-24-2009, 02:05 PM
He came out of D2 NW Mizzou State so his learning curve was a little bit steeper than your average rookie.

He did not look good in his one game but I still like him a lot as a potential power back.

trapezeus
02-24-2009, 03:02 PM
yeah. i thought i heard that Omon was suppose to be this real good value pick when we got him. good work ethic and raw. he looked ok in preseason. Perhaps he is going to be a little more featured this year, regardless of taylor and ML's situation.

Night Train
02-24-2009, 03:33 PM
They love his collection of Bob Marley CD's.

..little else.

Saratoga Slim
02-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Let's not forget that Omon was what, a 6th round pick?

We don't have enough invested in him to warrant not looking to upgrade if a guy like Taylor is interested. Plus, there's always the chance that he's just not ready for prime time, coming from a small school etc.

floridajoe
02-24-2009, 03:54 PM

We don't have enough invested in him to warrant not looking to upgrade if a guy like Taylor is interested. Plus, there's always the chance that he's just not ready for prime time, coming from a small school etc.

You are absolutely right.

X-Era
02-24-2009, 03:56 PM

I really wish we applied that rule to ALL of our later round picks... we would be a whole lot better.

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 08:16 PM
I really wish we applied that rule to ALL of our later round picks... we would be a whole lot better.
Hey now we're looking at Kelly Washington which says just how much we feel about Steve Johnson [/SARCASM]

jamze132
02-25-2009, 07:20 AM
I don't think Omon will ever be anything special in the NFL. That's my unbiased and uneducated guess which is, by the way...correct.

Jan Reimers
02-25-2009, 07:26 AM
The addition of Taylor might be OK, but I would neither trade Lynch, nor give up on Omon, for a 33 year old RB.