X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

FA question

Over the next 2+ months, we're about to get bombarded with the free agency clichés of the message board world. Happens ever year. So I’m wondering which phrase (or derivative of the phrase) we will hear more of:

A. For the right price!

Examples:

“I’d take that guy, for the right price” Or “I’d be willing to take a chance on him, if we could get him for “insert random dollar amount here”.”

What qualifies?:

Basically, anytime a poster tries to tell us that he’ll only be interested in a free agent, if we don’t over pay for them.

Probability of this happening:

For ever thread started that mentions a player rumored to be coming for a visit or that the Bills may be interested, you will hear this at least 3 times.

B. Training Camp Fodder

Examples:

“Ah, this guy’s just training camp fodder” Or “Depth guy, if he even makes the team.”

What qualifies:

Basically anytime a poster indicates that a rumored Bills signing with have little to no impact and it’s hardly worth it.

100% - This will happen every time a player without superstar credentials is mentioned in the same sentence as Buffalo Bills.

BONUS POINTS if you spot the famous Training Camp Fodder/For The Right Price combo. And believe me, you’ll see it.

Get ready…….I bet some of the posters here can’t wait to start using these awesome clichés.
    Resign our own guys!
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: FA question

So true, so true...
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• Mski
      • Mar 2006

for the right price, i would be willing to bet that we will bring in some training camp fodder

RIP Tommy D!
      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• floridajoe
        • Feb 2009

I like the posts concerning the draft where they look at various mocks and get angry about who the so-called "expert" thinks we're taking - like that means anything at all

Comment

• billsfanone
          Majored in Home Economics
          • Sep 2008

If we bring in training camp fodder, it better be for the right price.

Comment

• Mski
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by floridajoe
            I like the posts concerning the draft where they look at various mocks and get angry about who the so-called "expert" thinks we're taking - like that means anything at all
            didnt you know thats what the people at OBD use to set up their draft boards!
            RIP Tommy D!
            12/25/1978-9/9/2008

Comment

• billsfanone
              Majored in Home Economics
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by floridajoe
              On that same note, how about the people who rip Kiper if the draft doesn't go exactly as he predicted. Nothing wrong with ripping the guy, but the team can be making the mistake, not Kiper.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by oceros
                On that same note, how about the people who rip Kiper if the draft doesn't go exactly as he predicted. Nothing wrong with ripping the guy, but the team can be making the mistake, not Kiper.
                that's blasphemy. kiper is always wrong, and always a blast ot pick on...

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

the only thing worse than posters who annoy other posters...

Is posters who ***** about how other posters annoy them

If we find ourselves critiquing cliches that other posters use on a fan board on the internet we are:

A) Either taking ourselves too seriously

or

B) Have way too much time on our hands
                  Last edited by X-Era; 02-24-2009, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Mski
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

If we find ourselves critiquing cliches that other posters use on a fan board on the internet we are:

or

today i fall into the (B) category

or more like the
                    C) Stuck at work with nothing better to do.
                    RIP Tommy D!
                    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

Comment

• Patrick76777
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

or

2 more message board cliches! Good work!
                      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Kiper is a tool and ESPN needs to bring in a better draft guru at the right price which would turn Kiper into mock draft fodder that doesn't really provide any "indepth". Get it? in"depth" I kill myself...

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                          Over the next 2+ months, we're about to get bombarded with the free agency clichés of the message board world. Happens ever year. So I’m wondering which phrase (or derivative of the phrase) we will hear more of:

A. For the right price!

Examples:

“I’d take that guy, for the right price” Or “I’d be willing to take a chance on him, if we could get him for “insert random dollar amount here”.”

What qualifies?:

Basically, anytime a poster tries to tell us that he’ll only be interested in a free agent, if we don’t over pay for them.

For ever thread started that mentions a player rumored to be coming for a visit or that the Bills may be interested, you will hear this at least 3 times.

B. Training Camp Fodder

Examples:

“Ah, this guy’s just training camp fodder” Or “Depth guy, if he even makes the team.”

What qualifies:

Basically anytime a poster indicates that a rumored Bills signing with have little to no impact and it’s hardly worth it.

100% - This will happen every time a player without superstar credentials is mentioned in the same sentence as Buffalo Bills.

BONUS POINTS if you spot the famous Training Camp Fodder/For The Right Price combo. And believe me, you’ll see it.

Get ready…….I bet some of the posters here can’t wait to start using these awesome clichés.
                          Spot on!
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

Pat, what are your thoughts on "If we sign _____, we can trade ____!"
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Patrick76777
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                              Pat, what are your thoughts on "If we sign _____, we can trade ____!"

Oh god yeah.....How did I miss that one? We've seen it on here already. Fans love cutting players. Epscially to save Cap money. Which makes no sense seeing as how the Bills were something like $20 UNDER the cap last year. If you're not going to spend the money, why create the cap space? I'd rather have a guy make $2 mil and only make one or two plays then cut the guy and have $2 mil worth of unused cap space.

But that's just me.
                              Resign our own guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X