PDA

View Full Version : Tallinder to Canadiens?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-24-2009, 06:32 PM
ESPN the magazine Scott Burnside

The Montreal Canadiens are looking for defenceman, they just traded for Mathieu Schneider from Atlanta just last week and now they have their eyes on Sabres defenceman Henrik Tallinder who will become an Unrestricted Free Agent after this season. Montreal scouts were in the pressbox at the HSBC Arena Saturday for the Sabres game against the Rangers.

It is not known what Montreal would give up for Tallinder, maybe Steve Begin who's been in Montreal Canadiens coach Guy Carbonneau's dog house.

If the Sabres trade Tallinder, they're looking for a winger to step in Vanek's spot in the lineup, since Thomas Vanek got hit in the face with a deflected puck that shattered his jaw and is expected to miss 5 more weeks. Plus the Sabres have Butler and Weber waiting in the wings who could take Tallinder's spot in the lineup.

SabreEleven
02-24-2009, 07:03 PM
:::

Nighthawk
02-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Yeah, right...does this guy know that Darcy is afraid of his own shadow and there is no way he trades within the division? Darcy is so afraid to make a trade and have it backfire on him that I just can't see him pulling the trigger on that one.

Nighthawk
02-24-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm now convinced that this team MUST bring another goalie or this team may be in trouble. Lalime just does not look very good.

chubluv
02-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Did Kotalik play well enough tonight to warrent some trade value? If so can we package him with another to get a winger that can help us out.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Begin was with the Sabres in the first place,

Acquired: NHL Waiver Draft (from Buffalo) - October 3, 2003

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app?page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8464994&service=page&tab=bio

chernobylwraiths
02-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Tallinder isn't a free agent after this season. And we definitely wouldn't trade him for a nobody like Begin who we lost on waivers. I think it was when we got Drury.

Ebenezer
02-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Begin was with the Sabres in the first place,

Acquired: NHL Waiver Draft (from Buffalo) - October 3, 2003

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app?page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8464994&service=page&tab=bio
Begin never began with the Sabres...he was here for a cup of coffee as part of a threeway trade.

SkateZilla
02-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Begin never began with the Sabres...he was here for a cup of coffee as part of a threeway trade.

He enjoyed scoring against us over the last 2 years though :p

trapezeus
02-25-2009, 08:22 AM
tallinder's play is even softer than usual these days. the ducks game had him being pushed around.

Three years ago in the ECF season vs the hurricanes, he was a rock. And i think he was the first of the 6 defensemen to go down. His loss was really felt then. Now, they seem to play better without him. So i am wondering, why keep him. if the canadiens want him and can give us anything in return, i'd seriously consider it.

G Wolly
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Silly Canadians.

Learn how to spell defense.

:)

RockStar36
02-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah, right...does this guy know that Darcy is afraid of his own shadow and there is no way he trades within the division? Darcy is so afraid to make a trade and have it backfire on him that I just can't see him pulling the trigger on that one.

Yeah, Darcy is the same guy who traded to bring in Chris Drury and Danny Briere.

Mski
02-26-2009, 11:38 AM
i say try and get higgins from montreal... put maxi and tallinder together

pcnorth22
02-26-2009, 01:50 PM
begin never played here...but it was more than a 3-way trade that sent him off...

he was just a victim of the numbers game...

he came over in the 3 way trade w/ drury but we waived him