PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers wants out of CLE?

Slim
02-24-2009, 08:10 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

Next best thing to AH.

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 08:13 PM

Next best thing to AH.
We had a chance to get him last year and passed. I have a feeling Jauron didn't like him in Detroit and that's why we went with Stroud instead.

Jaybird
02-24-2009, 08:16 PM
i assume based on last year, it will take a 3 and 5 round pick

realdealryan
02-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Preston owned him on Monday night.

Just kidding I was too drunk - no idea. Still pass on the fat guy with a mohawk.

Slim
02-24-2009, 08:19 PM
He had 76 tackles and 4 sacks. And he did that in a 3-4. I doubt the Bills pull the tigger. But if the Bills were considering AH. They should absolutley make a run a Rodgers. Him and Stroud in the middle would be amazing.

Goobylal
02-24-2009, 08:21 PM
We had a chance to get him last year and passed. I have a feeling Jauron didn't like him in Detroit and that's why we went with Stroud instead.
What I heard is that the Bills had the trade for Rogers all worked-out, but at the last second, Rogers wanted a huge new deal before agreeing to the trade. So the Bills went with plan B, which was Stroud.

Slim
02-24-2009, 08:22 PM
What I heard is that the Bills had the trade for Rogers all worked-out, but at the last second, Rogers wanted a huge new deal before agreeing to the trade. So the Bills went with plan B, which was Stroud.

I remember that as well.

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 08:29 PM
and did he get that fat contract with Cleveland? If so he won't be coming here any time soon.

B-DON
02-24-2009, 08:31 PM
rogers and stroud would just be sick, but i see no chance of this happening. would be nice though.

The Jokeman
02-24-2009, 08:38 PM
In the article is says there is a team option for this year of the contract. And he doesn't want the team the pick it up. What he wants means nothing but, i thought it was intresting.
Or in other words he doesn't want them to pick up the contract so he get a fat contract with a team willing to spend it on him. I hate saying it but with our current management I can't see us signing a guy like him as if we do it only mean Stroud pining for more money and really don't see us spending the type of money it's going to take us to be anything more then an average team. The only hope we have is if Edwards steps up next year and is able to be Pro Bowl capable for an entire season though don't see that happening as don't see us landing a talented WR and/or TE in free agency to help him and now it looks like will be hampered with Lynch being suspended for at least 4 games.

Goobylal
02-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Rogers is owed too much money for the Brown to trade, much less release, him. He's dreaming if he thinks he's getting out of Cleveland. I hope he's miserable this year...and next year...and....

seanbillsfan
02-24-2009, 10:35 PM

Next best thing to AH.

What do you mean by the next best thing to AH? I mean it would be a sick combo with Stroud but Haynesworth is friggin nasty

Slim
02-24-2009, 10:39 PM
What do you mean by the next best thing to AH? I mean it would be a sick combo with Stroud but Haynesworth is friggin nasty

He's the second best thing to Haynesworth. Is what that means.

seanbillsfan
02-24-2009, 10:42 PM
He's the second best thing to Haynesworth. Is what that means.

Oh ok, thank you for clearing that up because i was very confused:poop:

Mr. Pink
02-25-2009, 02:04 AM
He's not going anywhere, if they were to release him, he would cost 9 million against the cap.

Not happening.

floridajoe
02-25-2009, 06:12 AM
He's not going anywhere, if they were to release him, he would cost 9 million against the cap.

Not happening.

I'm not sure if that 9 million number is correct - his deal was for six years with a 5 million signing bonus in 2008 and a 6 million option bonus in 2009. I don't know how the 6 million would be treated if it is waived. But his cap hit is probably lower than 9 million.

Stranger things have happened and this is Mangini we're talking about. Once you're in his dog house, you're done.