X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

This is the only way it makes sense...

I haven't been able to figure out why the Bills are interested in Fred Taylor.

1) They're not gonna trade Jackson because of Lynch's pending law deal.
    2) They're not gonna trade Lynch because his value is tarnished at the moment.
    3) It's doubtful that Taylor would agree to fill the 3rd back role. And even if he would agree, why would the Bills pay him over Omon? Omon is a serviceable 3rd back.

The only solid answer I could come up with...

I think the Bills are planning on a 2 back offense on most downs (no true FB). And with that, a frequent rotation of 3 or 4 backs.
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 02-25-2009, 08:44 AM.
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: This is the only way it makes sense...

I don't think so. I think they're planning ahead, incase they lose Marshawn or are unable to agree to terms with Jackson.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

I don't think there's a chance in hell the Bills "lose" Lynch... Not long term anyway. As for Jackson... I believe we have control of him for the next 2 seasons... ERFA this year and RFA next.
      Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 02-25-2009, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• floridajoe
        • Feb 2009

I think they're trying to become a dominant smash mouth ball control running team. And I like the idea.

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

well, a 4 game suspension is 1/4 the season ... that's a long time in a season.
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Taylor is going to NE. They need him more.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• sting32
              • Oct 2008

Jauron and Fred Taylor have a good relationship. I billieve they were just seeing how it would work. IF and that's a big IF Lynch is out 4 games Taylor would be a perfect fit, omon didn't make the best of his limited opportunities last year. The players love Jauron, if this deal goes through(slim with NE probably offering more$$$) would be good. It also helps Trent a great deal. But with Jackson being as good as he is any slightly above average RB would be good.
              http://www.webgamestats.com/nfa.aspx

http://www.eteamz.com/MonroeCountySting/

http://www.nyafl.org/forums/cmps_index.php

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by sting32
                Jauron and Fred Taylor have a good relationship. I billieve they were just seeing how it would work. IF and that's a big IF Lynch is out 4 games Taylor would be a perfect fit, omon didn't make the best of his limited opportunities last year. The players love Jauron, if this deal goes through(slim with NE probably offering more$$$) would be good. It also helps Trent a great deal. But with Jackson being as good as he is any slightly above average RB would be good.
                umm they have a good relationship how??

Comment

• floridajoe
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                  umm they have a good relationship how??
                  Taylor said so himself yesterday. He was very emphatic about how much he liked and respected him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by draz54

3) It's doubtful that Taylor would agree to fill the 3rd back role. And even if he would agree, why would the Bills pay him over Omon? Omon is a serviceable 3rd back.

I think the Bills are planning on a 2 back offense on most downs (no true FB). And with that, a frequent rotation of 3 or 4 backs.
                    no. 1 should be

1) He knows more than Turk
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

I agree with you for the most part.

Lynch will not be traded, and I believe they will do everything they can to keep F. Jackson around. Jackson, with another season of good play, might garner a salary bigger than Bufflao is willing to pay, so that might come into affect.

Still, Taylor can't have more than two years (at most) left, right?
                      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

i agree turk basically said as much during his cocky interveiw he did,
                        the FB experiment was a joke, and we have Schouman and Fine who are perfect HBacks, so we need to go after some passcatching TEs
                        most teams have 3 rbs active and getting carries every game Turk's **** bag offense couldnt handle that i guess
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• cocamide
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by mybills
                          Taylor is going to NE. They need him more.
                          And he needs them more. I really think he wants a ring more than anything else, and he definitely has a better chance of getting one in NE than in Buffalo.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

I dont see any problem at all at making our backup situation more sound or with flat out upgrades.

Injuries happen, what if Jackson gets hurt, do you want Lynch having to run all 3 downs for a whole game? What if Lynch is suspended or hurt... same thing. What if both get hurt?

Frankly, I dont want Omon carrying the load in games where we need a productive running game. You add Taylor to the mix and we are solid all the way around.

I love the move, it gives us options. We have great depth if all of them stay. We have a solid 1/2 regardless of who gets injured or suspended.

I wish we beefed up our depth at most of our spots.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

It makes sense in the regard that they are sending Lynch a MESSAGE.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X