PDA

View Full Version : Marchant will listen if Sabres come calling

Don Cherry
05-11-2003, 07:50 PM
BUCKY GLEASON

Buffalo News
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030511/1030430.asp

The free-agent signing period doesn't open until July 1. Until then, it would be against league rules for the Buffalo Sabres to express interest in any player available. Of course, managing partner Larry Quinn could cruise through Clarence and accidentally bump into Todd Marchant, but such filthy, godforsaken (effective) tactics aren't even necessary.
Word travels fast in this town. The Sabres can certainly get their message across without any drive-by recruiting. Just so they know: If they come calling, he'll be listening.

Marchant can be had if the money is right, a figure that can be determined later. It's been years since a player in the open market could fit so perfectly into the Sabres' puzzle. They need a good two-way center who won't send payroll through the roof. They need a veteran leader to help guide a young team. They need help selling tickets. They need players who want to be here.

They need Marchant. ...more...

Turf
05-12-2003, 06:49 PM
I've always wanted him here. A character, gritty player. And I recall seeing him score some pretty big playoff goals as well.

Rude American
05-13-2003, 09:12 AM
I refuse to read the article because I hate Bucky Gleason. What a fat loser that guy is. He couldn't write his way out of the 3rd grade.

The_Philster
05-13-2003, 02:52 PM
What kind of a name is Bucky, anyway? :scratch:

Did his parents actually name him that?