PDA

View Full Version : Lalime absent from practice

Dr. Lecter
02-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Maybe this is much ado about nothing or maybe it's major, major stuff. We're going to have to see but this much we know: The Sabres have started their practice in HSBC Arena today and everyone is on the ice -- except newly minted No. 1 goaltender Patrick Lalime.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2009/02/bulletin-lalime-absent-from-practice.html

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-25-2009, 11:48 AM
:nervous:

Dr. Lecter
02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2009/02/bulletin-ii-lalime-questionable-with-flu.html

He has the flu. And is questionable for tomorrow night.

bigbub2352
02-25-2009, 12:11 PM
i wish it was a trade rumor damn it,
thanks doc lol

Dr. Lecter
02-25-2009, 12:14 PM
WGRZ is reporting he is out for tomorrow night.

And, since Adam Dennis is also injured, the Sabres have no more goalies under contract. 3 out of the 4 they had are on the shelf.

don137
02-25-2009, 12:15 PM
He didn't really show up at the rink last night either.

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 12:15 PM

And, since Adam Dennis is also injured, the Sabres have no more goalies under contract. 3 out of the 4 they had are on the shelf.

Umm, can't get much worse then that...yikes!

PcA125
02-25-2009, 12:16 PM
well, I guess I get to see the young kid for the first time

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 12:17 PM

Looking on the bright side, we know what we have in Lalime and it isn't very good. This will force them to play Enroth who might actually be better suited to carry this team while Miller is out. We will see...

Dr. Lecter
02-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Looking on the bright side, we know what we have in Lalime and it isn't very good. This will force them to play Enroth who might actually be better suited to carry this team while Miller is out. We will see...

He has been better in his last couple of starts though. Even last night, 2 out of the 3 really weren't his fault.

I think they can sign goalies to one day deals. If I get unlazy, I will look at the CBA.

So they could bring in somebody (i.e. a T-Blow) to dress tomorrow night.

hydro
02-25-2009, 12:19 PM
He didn't really show up at the rink last night either.

And you watched the game last night? He got held out to dry by the D. YES, Miller might have saved one or two of those goals but they have understand that Miller isn't in net. I think Lalime did fine last night, not great but he wasn't the liability...

Dr. Lecter
02-25-2009, 12:19 PM
BTW, there really is no bright side.

Even a homer like me knows that.

don137
02-25-2009, 12:22 PM
And you watched the game last night? He got held out to dry by the D. YES, Miller might have saved one or two of those goals but they have understand that Miller isn't in net. I think Lalime did fine last night, not great but he wasn't the liability...

When you are a professional goalie you should be making the tough save. Yes the D held him out to dry but what team doesn't leave their goalie out to dry a few times a game either?

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 12:24 PM
He has been better in his last couple of starts though. Even last night, 2 out of the 3 really weren't his fault.

I think they can sign goalies to one day deals. If I get unlazy, I will look at the CBA.

So they could bring in somebody (i.e. a T-Blow) to dress tomorrow night.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............................

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 12:25 PM
BTW, there really is no bright side.

Even a homer like me knows that.

Wow, you're killing me! I try to look to the bright side and you even argue that with me. I'm being honest when I tell you I'm more excited to see Enroth play then to know that Lalime would be the starter until Miller gets back.

hydro
02-25-2009, 12:26 PM
When you are a professional goalie you should be making the tough save. Yes the D held him out to dry but what team doesn't leave their goalie out to dry a few times a game either?

Saying he didn't show up is a stretch though. He made plenty of saves last night that weren't routine. Expecting a backup to come in and look like a polished season tested professional goalie is just too much to expect IMO. What he did last night was keep us in the game. If he let in a bunch of goals that could have been easy saves, I could see your point. But I didn't see anything last night that would lead me to believe we can't count on this guy as long he is able to start (which with the lastest news looks like he can't anyway...).

rbochan
02-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Welcome back Marty!

hydro
02-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Wow, you're killing me! I try to look to the bright side and you even argue that with me. I'm being honest when I tell you I'm more excited to see Enroth play then to know that Lalime would be the starter until Miller gets back.

Same here when it comes to Enroth. It is just human nature I think though. When you don't anything about a player in sports you can be intrigued at what he can do with his first opportunity in new scenery.

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Same here when it comes to Enroth. It is just human nature I think though. When you don't anything about a player in sports you can be intrigued at what he can do with his first opportunity in new scenery.

True, but it is more then that. This guy was very highly regarded coming up and he does have talent. Now, playing on the NHL level is a totally different ball game, so I'm excited to see how if he can prove he deserves to be here.

hydro
02-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Well I might be hindering you excitement a little but I wasn't all that impressed watching him in the Arena two or so weeks ago. :idunno:

Dr. Lecter
02-25-2009, 12:40 PM

I hope you are right. I am just very pessimistic right now.

And grumpy. And depressed.

chernobylwraiths
02-25-2009, 01:03 PM

One shot was tipped into the top of the net 3 feet in front of him and the other goal was kicked in by his own player. I knew he would get blamed for the loss.

trapezeus
02-25-2009, 01:29 PM
did lalime catch the flu when that duck player sat on him after the selanne goal?

If the sabres were tougher, they would have roughed up the flu before it hit lalime. Soft team. Sarcasm off.

rbochan
02-25-2009, 02:34 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/rbochan/marty.jpg

chernobylwraiths
02-25-2009, 03:16 PM
did lalime catch the flu when that duck player sat on him after the selanne goal?

If the sabres were tougher, they would have roughed up the flu before it hit lalime. Soft team. Sarcasm off.

Regarding that. I couldn't believe (and by that I mean I really could believe) that after the goal that guy basically dove right on top of Lalime and of course, nobody did anything.

SabreEleven
02-25-2009, 03:35 PM
I can believe. they've been doing it all year.

bigbub2352
02-25-2009, 03:48 PM
lalime should be able to suit up to be the backup, come on how sick could he be

BlackMetalNinja
02-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Son of a mother****ing *****... Yippy Skippy I get to see Enroth in his first NHL game, la-di-da. I'm going to have to listen to pathetic "Caniacs" all damn night now.

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Son of a mother****ing *****... Yippy Skippy I get to see Enroth in his first NHL game, la-di-da. I'm going to have to listen to pathetic "Caniacs" all damn night now.

Don't forget...it's all your fault.:D:

Michael82
02-25-2009, 07:52 PM
I can believe. they've been doing it all year.
Exactly! This team is made up of nothing but ****ing pansies and they don't even have the guts to stand up and protect their goalies. PATHETIC! :mad:

Michael82
02-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Darcy better be working the phones, trying to trade for a goalie or at least picking up Legace. :pray:

chernobylwraiths
02-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Darcy better be working the phones, trying to trade for a goalie or at least picking up Legace. :pray:

Why?

Dr. Lecter
02-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah, why?

If Lalime is only out one game why make a move?

chernobylwraiths
02-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Yeah, why?

If Lalime is only out one game why make a move?

Obviously because he sucks and we have to overpay for whatever goalie we can get because we are on the verge of greatness! :sarcasm:

I'll never understand why people are so quick to jump on and off the bandwagon sometimes. Lalime isn't great, but he is a decent goalie IMO. He will do fine. Poor Enroth might be thrown to the lions if the defense continues to play like it has. I still believe this team will be OK and will make the playoffs. But a few more stinkers like they have been playing could change my mind.

Dr. Lecter
02-25-2009, 08:55 PM
It will not help that they are teetering on the playoff fringes and are missing their two best players.

Winning tomorrow night would be huge.

The one good thing is that even if the Sabres slip, I could see the Rangers slipping even farther.

Michael82
02-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Why?
Because we only have Lalime and Miller will most likely be out for another 3 weeks or more. We need another goalie big time!

BlackMetalNinja
02-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Because we only have Lalime and Miller will most likely be out for another 3 weeks or more. We need another goalie big time!Where did you read that he'll be out another 3 weeks or more??? I haven't seen that.

chernobylwraiths
02-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Where did you read that he'll be out another 3 weeks or more??? I haven't seen that.

I believe he means that as two separate thoughts. But why we need another goalie plus Lalime is beyond me. Lalime will be fine.

BlackMetalNinja
02-26-2009, 06:49 AM
I believe he means that as two separate thoughts. But why we need another goalie plus Lalime is beyond me. Lalime will be fine.I was talking about Miller... I haven't read that he would be out that long, just that it was uncertain when he could return.

chernobylwraiths
02-26-2009, 06:52 AM
I was talking about Miller... I haven't read that he would be out that long, just that it was uncertain when he could return.

That was an initial prognosis of out 2 to 3 weeks. I'm sure it will be about a week after he even starts skating again.

PcA125
02-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Looks like Lalime is going to play according to Sabres.com

Michael82
02-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Looks like Lalime is going to play according to Sabres.com
:phew:

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 03:30 PM
I believe he means that as two separate thoughts. But why we need another goalie plus Lalime is beyond me. Lalime will be fine.

Ehh...you're going waaaaayyy out on a limb with that statement. Just a question, but why do you think he'd be OK? He's been terrible this year and even though he won some games last year with Chicago, his numbers were awful. I don't think this guy has anything left and his game has been deteriotating for the past few years. Great guy, but not even an average goalie at this point of his career.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 03:31 PM
:phew:

Funny thing is...I think Enroth might be better then Lalime.

chernobylwraiths
02-26-2009, 08:55 PM

Ehh...you're going waaaaayyy out on a limb with that statement. Just a question, but why do you think he'd be OK? He's been terrible this year and even though he won some games last year with Chicago, his numbers were awful. I don't think this guy has anything left and his game has been deteriotating for the past few years. Great guy, but not even an average goalie at this point of his career.

He sure looked terrible tonight. :sarcasm:

Note: I didn't see hardly any of the game but heard that he made several big saves. Only let ONE in and one on the shootout. We couldn't even get one in on the shootout.

chernobylwraiths
02-26-2009, 09:00 PM

Enroth is 28th in the AHL in goals against average.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=Nighthawk]

He sure looked terrible tonight. :sarcasm:

Note: I didn't see hardly any of the game but heard that he made several big saves. Only let ONE in and one on the shootout. We couldn't even get one in on the shootout.

I was hoping you wouldn't be this person, but it seems you went ahead and did. I'm comfortable in my assessment of him as a player by looking at the entire picture with him, not just one game. I still believe he isn't very good...no, he didn't cost us the game, but he sure as hell didn't win it either. They need more scoring and that has to be addressed by the FO. I also believe that it is do to other factors also and I wrote about it in the other thread. Also, Carolina is one of the worst offensive teams in the league...let's not get crazy about one game.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Enroth is 28th in the AHL in goals against average.

And what is Lalime in the NHL...how about save percentage?

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
[quote=chernobylwraiths]

I was hoping you wouldn't be this person, but it seems you went ahead and did. I'm comfortable in my assessment of him as a player by looking at the entire picture with him, not just one game. I still believe he isn't very good...no, he didn't cost us the game, but he sure as hell didn't win it either. They need more scoring and that has to be addressed by the FO. I also believe that it is do to other factors also and I wrote about it in the other thread. Also, Carolina is one of the worst offensive teams in the league...let's not get crazy about one game.

He didn't win it???

What the **** is he supposed to do? Shutout Carolina?

I agree we should not get crazy about one game, but to say that Lalime was anything but pretty damn good tonight is unreasonable.

And what kind of person is Cher being?

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 09:14 PM
[quote=Nighthawk]

He didn't win it???

What the **** is he supposed to do? Shutout Carolina?

I agree we should not get crazy about one game, but to say that Lalime was anything but pretty damn good tonight is unreasonable.

And what kind of person is Cher being?

The person who gets all excited and tries to argue a point when something happens good in ONE game and ignores the rest of the season. And yes, that game could've been a shutout and they would have won. Is it fair that the rest of the team didn't score, no, but Biron just won a game last night 1-0...so it's not unheard of for a goalie to actually do that. You guys need to stop because I've stated it's not all his fault, but you guys just like to grab on to one thing I say and go with it.

chernobylwraiths
02-26-2009, 09:15 PM
And what is Lalime in the NHL...how about save percentage?

One is the minors and one is the majors.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 09:18 PM
One is the minors and one is the majors.

And one can argue that Lalime should be in the minors. My thinking that Lalime is not good enough is not the point tonight...as I've stated now 3 million times....it wasn't all his fault. However, Ward found a way to win a game for the Hurricanes when his offensively challenged team only scored one goal?

This team NEEDS to get better as a whole...Lalime included.

hydro
02-26-2009, 09:20 PM

And you have seen him play? :rofl:

chernobylwraiths
02-26-2009, 09:21 PM
The person who gets all excited and tries to argue a point when something happens good in ONE game and ignores the rest of the season. And yes, that game could've been a shutout and they would have won. Is it fair that the rest of the team didn't score, no, but Biron just won a game last night 1-0...so it's not unheard of for a goalie to actually do that. You guys need to stop because I've stated it's not all his fault, but you guys just like to grab on to one thing I say and go with it.
Has Lalime been good this year? No. Have ANY of our backups been any good besides Biron in the Lindy Ruff era? No. Why? Because Lindy Ruff has no idea how to use a backup. If you have back to back games, the backup should get at least one of them. How about Ty Conklin? He sucked when he was here and the very next season, when he gets to play a few games in a row, low and behold he's pretty good. A goalie will NEVER be any good if he only plays once every 7 or 8 games. A goalie can't be sharp playing that little. I said Lalime played well enough to win and was adequate in the last couple of games he played too. If he doesn't get goal support, he isn't going to win.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 09:22 PM
And you have seen him play? :rofl:

Yep...

hydro
02-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Yep...

:bf1:

So have I and I wasn't impressed enough to have him take over for our backup...

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Has Lalime been good this year? No. Have ANY of our backups been any good besides Biron in the Lindy Ruff era? No. Why? Because Lindy Ruff has no idea how to use a backup. If you have back to back games, the backup should get at least one of them. How about Ty Conklin? He sucked when he was here and the very next season, when he gets to play a few games in a row, low and behold he's pretty good. A goalie will NEVER be any good if he only plays once every 7 or 8 games. A goalie can't be sharp playing that little. I said Lalime played well enough to win and was adequate in the last couple of games he played too. If he doesn't get goal support, he isn't going to win.

I agree that Lindy is terrible on how he uses his goalies, but Thibault and Lalime are the same player...IMO. The Sabres brought this on themselves by signing a goalie his is past his best hockey. As for Conklin, I agree, but they're also looking for goalie help in Detroit right now.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 09:26 PM
:bf1:

So have I and I wasn't impressed enough to have him take over for our backup...

And you're ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that he wouldn't be better then Lalime? Really? I can't even say that for sure.

chernobylwraiths
02-26-2009, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=Dr.Lecter]

Well, when you say that the guy who let in only one goal and was probably the best player in white on the ice needs to get better and should share in the blame of the loss, then yes, we will jump on that. This loss is on the inept offense. It is on Pomminville, Hecht (freaking shoot the damned puck on a 3 on 1!), Kotalik, Connolly (he's great isn't he?), Stafford, MacArther, etc.

hydro
02-26-2009, 09:27 PM
And you're ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that he wouldn't be better then Lalime? Really? I can't even say that for sure.

Absolutely positive that he wouldn't do any better than Lalime this season.

chernobylwraiths
02-26-2009, 09:28 PM
I agree that Lindy is terrible on how he uses his goalies, but Thibault and Lalime are the same player...IMO. The Sabres brought this on themselves by signing a goalie his is past his best hockey. As for Conklin, I agree, but they're also looking for goalie help in Detroit right now.

Well, that's because Conklin is a capable BACKUP, not a starter. They were possibly hoping that Ryan Miller wouldn't sign that extension.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE=Nighthawk]

Well, when you say that the guy who let in only one goal and was probably the best player in white on the ice needs to get better and should share in the blame of the loss, then yes, we will jump on that. This loss is on the inept offense. It is on Pomminville, Hecht (freaking shoot the damned puck on a 3 on 1!), Kotalik, Connolly (he's great isn't he?), Stafford, MacArther, etc.

Seriously...did you even read my post about how the team's lack of confidence in him has something to do with that? If you've played the game (not saying that if you didn't that you don't know what you're talking about) then you understand what I wrote. I've played on teams with goalies that we didn't have much confidence in and whether it was subconsciously or not, we didn't play strong offensively. The mental game is huge out there and it looks to me that this team is not confident in Lalime. Stafford, Connolly, Roy...they all look different when Miller is net.

chernobylwraiths
02-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Funny thing is Nighthawk and I agree on many issues with the Sabres, but I can't say that we need to make a deal for a goalie that we will need for only a few weeks. Worse, even if Miller is done for the season, why bother getting a guy and selling our future for a guy who MIGHT get us to the playoffs and an early exit.

I am by no means comfortable with Lalime as our starter for an overly extended period of time, but I think he will do enough to keep us afloat if Miller can only be gone for two to three weeks.

chernobylwraiths
02-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Seriously...did you even read my post about how the team's lack of confidence in him has something to do with that? If you've played the game (not saying that if you didn't that you don't know what you're talking about) then you understand what I wrote. I've played on teams with goalies that we didn't have much confidence in and whether it was subconsciously or not, we didn't play strong offensively. The mental game is huge out there and it looks to me that this team is not confident in Lalime. Stafford, Connolly, Roy...they all look different when Miller is net.

I understand that they might have been playing a bit more defensively and giving up offense to protect him, but I heard that they had some glorious opportunities to score and didn't and I heard that Carolina was peppering the goalie in the third as well that Lalime made some pretty good saves. That doesn't sound like they were giving him a whole lot of support. This looks more and more like the team did last year by trying to stop teams from scoring instead of trying to score like the team did in the previous two seasons.

chernobylwraiths
02-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Dude, are you having trouble quoting posts? It's happened like 3 or 4 times in this thread alone?

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Funny thing is Nighthawk and I agree on many issues with the Sabres, but I can't say that we need to make a deal for a goalie that we will need for only a few weeks. Worse, even if Miller is done for the season, why bother getting a guy and selling our future for a guy who MIGHT get us to the playoffs and an early exit.

I am by no means comfortable with Lalime as our starter for an overly extended period of time, but I think he will do enough to keep us afloat if Miller can only be gone for two to three weeks.

And that is where you guys let your emotions take over tonight and weren't really reading what I was saying. I agree, you can't trade away a bunch of talent for a goalie you'll use for the rest of the season, but this FO needs to makes some moves to improve the talent on this team...more then ever! Sitting back and hoping that this group of powder puffs will get this team to the playoffs and far in the playoffs is a mistake. They need help from the FO and it's about time this organization took some heat for the mismanagement of this roster.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Dude, are you having trouble quoting posts? It's happened like 3 or 4 times in this thread alone?

No, I don't think so...but I haven't really been paying that much attention.

chernobylwraiths
02-26-2009, 09:39 PM
And that is where you guys let your emotions take over tonight and weren't really reading what I was saying. I agree, you can't trade away a bunch of talent for a goalie you'll use for the rest of the season, but this FO needs to makes some moves to improve the talent on this team...more then ever! Sitting back and hoping that this group of powder puffs will get this team to the playoffs and far in the playoffs is a mistake. They need help from the FO and it's about time this organization took some heat for the mismanagement of this roster.

Absolutely, but I think the management HAS taken heat for their poor performance with the roster, but only from some fans. Some still think that Darcy walks on water.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Absolutely, but I think the management HAS taken heat for their poor performance with the roster, but only from some fans. Some still think that Darcy walks on water.

That ***** kills me...how can anybody still have faith in this guy to build a championship team? I just don't get it...I'm still waiting for him to show the fans that he actually has learned from the past.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-26-2009, 10:53 PM

here's what Darcy says about the goaltending at 5min 30 sec. in

<iframe width="480" height="289" frameborder="0" src="http://sabres.nhl.tv/team/embed.jsp?catid=-5&id=34814"></iframe>