PDA

View Full Version : With Royal and Dockery gone.. is it possible that Modrak is behind this?

Pride
02-26-2009, 11:18 AM
I sure hope so!

League wide, he is regarded as a top-notch talent evaluator.

That said, the last x number of years that he's been at 1 BD, our talent evaluation has sucked.

Some said this offseason that he didnt have a voice in the office. But that changed when he was invited into the "inner circle"

Could these changes be directly related to Modrak being taken seriously now?

DraftBoy
02-26-2009, 11:22 AM
If it is, its about damn time. If not then it seems like a life line PR type move.

floridajoe
02-26-2009, 11:23 AM
I sure hope so!

That said, the last x number of years that he's been at 1 BD, our talent evaluation has sucked.

Some said this offseason that he didnt have a voice in the office. But that changed when he was invited into the "inner circle"

Good point.

raphael120
02-26-2009, 11:25 AM
I sure hope so!

If he's so top notch, why are we continually picking up and having to get rid of ****ty FA's? Shouldn't have the problem to begin with.

Just because they realize (sometimes a year or two too late) that they were wrong doesn't cleanse them of being complete morons for targeting AND OVERPAYING those same FA's

DraftBoy
02-26-2009, 11:26 AM
If he's so top notch, why are we continually picking up and having to get rid of ****ty FA's? Shouldn't have the problem to begin with.

Just because they realize (sometimes a year or two too late) that they were wrong doesn't cleanse them of being complete morons for targeting AND OVERPAYING those same FA's

He was never given a real voice (reportedly) till this year in personell decisions.

ddaryl
02-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Would Modrak really have stayed here in Buffalo if he felt he was an outcast. It wasn't to long ago when Modraks name was coming up for GM positons around the league, but he stayed in Buffalo.

of course his name came up but I don't remeber him getting any interview offers either.

none the less its hard ot believe that the Bills would have a guy like him on the payroll but keep him out side the "circle of trust"... then again we have a reputation for stupid moves

floridajoe
02-26-2009, 11:27 AM

Modrak has not been involved in Pro Player decisions - he has been a college scout/draft guy. There was some indication that he was to be given more say in pro personnel moves.

Pride
02-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Perhaps he came was looking to clean house after Tom Donahoe left. Wilson, being cheap, said no and perhaps relegated him to the lower rung of the ladder (quietly). Finally, this year, Modrak made a stink and threatened to leave, and thus.. you have a guy "promoted" to the inner circle.

I dunno, could be a million reasons why.

patmoran2006
02-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Modrak has been behind a lot of things in the past several years.

Unfortunately, a lot of them aren't good.

justasportsfan
02-26-2009, 11:32 AM
wait. there was a time Modrak was the problem according to this board.

I have noticed though that Modrak has been more visible and interviewed on BB.com this offseason than ever before. Maybe he's been given more power to run things than in the past. I mean think of it, he said in the past he only wanted to work from home. Now he's more visible in OBD than ever before.

raphael120
02-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Well whether Modrak was or wasnt behind pro players, he IS and WAS behind draft picks and name ONE gamechanging player we've drafted in the past 4 years.

justasportsfan
02-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Well whether Modrak was or wasnt behind pro players, he IS and WAS behind draft picks and name ONE gamechanging player we've drafted in the past 4 years.
he's a scout. Whether he's the one who had the final say on who we draft is unkown. If he is then he's another person who's had a great run with other teams and then sucked here in buffalo. Just like everyone else. Buffalo maybe a blackhole

bigbry
02-26-2009, 01:56 PM
he's a scout. Whether he's the one who had the final say on who we draft is unkown. If he is then he's another person who's had a great run with other teams and then sucked here in buffalo. Just like everyone else. Buffalo maybe a blackhole

Time to switch teams justa........

justasportsfan
02-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Time to switch teams justa........
Nope. I'm goin in with the rest til the blachole implodes. Would rather die a bills fan than wear teal and orange :limp:

bigbry
02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Nope. I'm goin in with the rest til the blachole implodes. Would rather die a bills fan than wear teal and orange :limp:

You say that like its a good thing.

Michael82
02-26-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm thinking that Modrak has more power for a change and it's about time. Hopefully this means that John Guy gets fired soon...

The Jokeman
02-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Or perhaps this had something to do with Buddy Nix. Either way it's a pretty ballsy move to cut Dockery. Hopefully we have a plan in place to replace him otherwise I'd be rather upset.