• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

one worry

The Bills just cut Dockery, an over paid lineman, who still ended up as an upgrade from the seasons prior to his arrival.

This team has made all of us wonder at different times if they are trying to "major League" their way out of Buffalo by tanking. Yet, everyone seems so excited that the bills are going to do something to bring in better players. With the same talent evaluation people in place, i think it's more likely that the bills will blow this again.

It's more likely that they'll just create more holes and lamely try to put in midlevel guys to play as our starters!

I feel like i've gone through this too many times where it seems like they are going to do something big and when the season starts we are teh same old bills. I just can't get excited for releases of Royal and Losman (guys who should have been out the door last year).

Don't make this a "then stop being a fan thread" because that's not the issue. I'm just skeptical that OBD is going to make a huge push for the big names we all want.

Dockery wasn't the best and was overpaid, but he did better than before. I don't know how we are going to get better with a FA pickup for guard and center and a draft pick.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: one worry

I ain't getting excited. I want to see something. I do not have faith.

Plus, I take credit for the "Major League"d term.
    Last edited by yordad; 02-26-2009, 12:59 PM.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
      • Mar 2004

I agree with you this team loves to make backup players starters but as for dumping money to fail i just dont see that i think we have had a bad FO for a long time with the wrong people pulling the trigger on the draft and FA as well not saying this year will be different but it looks like some other persons have got more pull than push than years before

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

even if they have every intention of making a big splash. More then 1/2 the league has plenty of salary cap space to sign impact players. This will leave the Bills with mostly mid-level player to chose from anyways.

I am pessimistic about this myself. Personally they should have kept Dockery because after Jason brown there isn't squat to get overly excited about in FA for G or C's IMO. I don't see how they can make the necessary moves to fill all the holes and make the team SIGNIFICANTLY better then it was in 2008.

We have no chance in upgrading the DE postion in FA, and the TE postion is unttractive in FA just the same.

We won't sign a big name WR, so we will settle for serviceable, but not many players out there outside of Housh who would bring much of an upgrade if any to team.

LB's have a couple of options, but like I said there are 20 + teams with plenty of salary cap room.

I'm concerned too.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
          • Mar 2004

We all should be concerned about the release of Doc if we dont sign a starting OL weather C or G this OL is gonna be worse than last year.I know that doc was overpaid but who r we gonna bring in better right now? thats what im asking myself and i dont see anyone out there that is gonna gel right away and be an upgrade over Doc

Comment

Working...
          X