PDA

View Full Version : Got a feeling Bills are trying to trade for a TE...

Mahdi
02-26-2009, 01:42 PM
...and I think it might be Kellen Winslow. I dont think Kellen likes it in Cleveland and they did draft Martin Rucker in the 3rd round last year. Im thinking Youboty and a 3rd for Winslow.

floridajoe
02-26-2009, 01:44 PM
...and I think it might be Kellen Winslow. I dont think Kellen likes it in Cleveland and they did draft Martin Rucker in the 3rd round last year. Im thinking Youboty and a 3rd for Winslow.

Do you think he'd like it in Buffalo?

Dr. Lecter
I would not like that trade.

WeAreArthurMoates
I do as long as he gets paid. That was his whole deal and he just never really got over it.

Mahdi
02-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Why not? Plenty of FAs have come to Buffalo when they could have gone elsewhere.

floridajoe
02-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Why not? Plenty of FAs have come to Buffalo when they could have gone elsewhere.

He's not a free agent. This would not be his choice.

justasportsfan
02-26-2009, 01:50 PM
why not? He's a soldya

GreedoII
Owen Daniels will be a Bill. Billieve it....

Mahdi
He's not a free agent. This would not be his choice.
We traded for Stroud did we not. He was happy to come here.

ddaryl
02-26-2009, 01:51 PM
that would be a solid pickup. Winslow needs a fresh start... and he is better the Royal by a long shot

We have some trade options IMO... and it would cost less for Winslow then Daniels

ddaryl
02-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Owen Daniels will be a Bill. Billieve it....

I think the price for Daniels is going to be way to high, and I don't think it is in Texas best interest to let him go for any reason.

patmoran2006
IF they try to trade for a TE, I believe it will be Daniels.

and for the record, it will DEFINITELY, 100% positively take more than just a 2nd rounder to get him.

Houston does NOT want to trade him, and wont unless they are blown away.

yordad
...and I think it might be Kellen Winslow. I dont think Kellen likes it in Cleveland and they did draft Martin Rucker in the 3rd round last year. Im thinking Youboty and a 3rd for Winslow.A gut feeling? Might that be due to the multiple rumors, or the fact we attemped to obtain TG last year?

I think we make an attempt to get a TE too, but not with Youboty. With the loss of Greer, he will be a major player.

I am down with Winslow. And I don't think he is the cancer some claim.

floridajoe
02-26-2009, 01:53 PM
We traded for Stroud did we not. He was happy to come here.

I would hope that Winslow would be happy to come here but who knows. Stroud was happy because we gave him more guaranteed $$$ than his contract called for.

GreedoII
02-26-2009, 01:57 PM
At #11 i'm not to excited about our possibilities anyway. I'm not that concerned about draft picks. Bring in quality players if you can and by any means. People need to stop thinking about draft picks. Start thinking about winning. Daniels will be a Bill

The King
02-26-2009, 01:59 PM
I would rather over pay and land Daniels then go for Winslow.

The King
02-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Daniels is the type of guy who after a bad game will talk about what he needs to do to get better.

Winslow is the type of guy to talk about how everyone else needs to do something different.

ddaryl
02-26-2009, 02:01 PM
At #11 i'm not to excited about our possibilities anyway. I'm not that concerned about draft picks. Bring in quality players if you can and by any means. People need to stop thinking about draft picks. Start thinking about winning. Daniels will be a Bill

there are plenty of options at #11 IMO... WR, CB, DE, DT, OT could all be there for us... and we could trade down a few picks too.

we won't be building a winning team if we do not fill most of the holes we have, and there is no way we can do that in FA alone.

BuffaloBillsStampede
02-26-2009, 02:02 PM
We wont find a TE in this draft that will make the impact Daniels will so send our first to Houston then draft a Center in the second after signing Jason Brown and call it good. I know the pass rush looks the same, but you can only do so much in one off season. If they can do those thigns and still address the rush then awesome.

Mahdi
02-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I would rather over pay and land Daniels then go for Winslow.
So you would rather overpay for an inferior TE? Winslow is a better athlete than most WRs in a TEs body. Good blocker too.

GreedoII
02-26-2009, 02:05 PM
We wont find a TE in this draft that will make the impact Daniels will so send our first to Houston then draft a Center in the second after signing Jason Brown and call it good. I know the pass rush looks the same, but you can only do so much in one off season. If they can do those thigns and still address the rush then awesome.

Agreed. The TE position is weak in this draft. If we sign Brown and Trade for Daniels we can still trade up and get a DE. This draft is deep with them. These two guys would be key if they land them. Do it!

patmoran2006
02-26-2009, 02:06 PM
I would trade my 11th pick in the draft for daniels if we do enough in FA, he's THAT good.

yordad
02-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Winslow is the type of guy to talk about how everyone else needs to do something different.:link: I believe you have been misled.

BuffaloBillsStampede
02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
I say pull the trigger on Daniels if they want our 1st rounder and thats it, but like Pat said we have some major work to do in free agency if that is to be the case. Very risky move dropping Dockery like that so I hope they have something cooking.

The King
02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
:link: I believe you have been misled.

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/

SeatownBillsFan21
02-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Winslow would come cheaper than Owen Houston will not let him go cheap

GreedoII
02-26-2009, 02:16 PM
I would trade my 11th pick in the draft for daniels if we do enough in FA, he's THAT good.

Yes he is. Pull the trigger. Then get Brown. You can get a DE in the draft.

Ickybaluky
02-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Why would Houston get rid of Owens? They just tendered him for a 1st and 3rd round pick compensation, which shows how much they think of him. I'd think they would be more inclined to try to work out a contract extension with him, not trade him.

As for Winslow, he is a very good receiver and would make Edwards a lot better. The big question with him is money and his medical checkup. He has played with a lot of pain and had many surgeries since his motorcycle accident. He wants a new contract, so before investing huge money in him the team should check his knee carefully.

Pinkerton Security
02-26-2009, 02:20 PM

this sentence is ridiculous. ya, lets do what the browns did, sign/trade for a bunch of guys like willie mcginest, shaun rogers, joe jurevicious, jamal lewis, etc, and then be F'ed for years because they didnt get to draft anyone besides a possible starter at QB.

building through the draft, if you do it right, is how to build a team, not through free agency.

Mahdi
02-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Daniels is a solid TE but he is not worth our 11th overall pick. Using that pick for a top end defensive player is a bigger priority than getting a TE like Daniels.

GreedoII
02-26-2009, 02:28 PM
this sentence is ridiculous. ya, lets do what the browns did, sign/trade for a bunch of guys like willie mcginest, shaun rogers, joe jurevicious, jamal lewis, etc, and then be F'ed for years because they didnt get to draft anyone besides a possible starter at QB.

building through the draft, if you do it right, is how to build a team, not through free agency.

Take it easy man. I'm not saying give up all our picks. I'm saying we can get a great TE who is a veteran for yrs to come for a pick we may have reached for anyway. We need picks sure, but i'm not too concerned about the 11th pick in this yrs draft. Not a strong class in my opinion. Make the deal...

DBrown77
02-26-2009, 02:30 PM
IF they try to trade for a TE, I believe it will be Daniels.

and for the record, it will DEFINITELY, 100% positively take more than just a 2nd rounder to get him.

Houston does NOT want to trade him, and wont unless they are blown away.

If the Bills sign Daniels we would have to give a 1st and 3rd to Texans. not gonna happen...hope it doesnt happen

Pinkerton Security
02-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Take it easy man. I'm not saying give up all our picks. I'm saying we can get a great TE who is a veteran for yrs to come for a pick we may have reached for anyway. We need picks sure, but i'm not too concerned about the 11th pick in this yrs draft. Not a strong class in my opinion. Make the deal...

i wasnt at all not taking it easy.

the way i see it, it doesnt matter if we brought in Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez or Kellen Winslow or whoever you think the best TE in the history of the NFL is, he isnt going to catch more than 50 balls and wont have the impact we expect, due to our philosophy. We are a team that will pound the rock and play D. For that reason I dont think any TE is worth as much as if we can get a stud DE who will pressure the QB consistently. I see where you're going though; if we cant get a stud player at 11, I'd be much more inclined to get a proven commodity like Daniels.

justasportsfan
02-26-2009, 03:11 PM
If the Bills sign Daniels we would have to give a 1st and 3rd to Texans. not gonna happen...hope it doesnt happen
thank you. I would rather part with those picks for a stud DE than a stud TE.

Mr. Pink
02-26-2009, 03:38 PM
KII's problem in Cleveland was fired.

He was upset with the way Phil Savage and the front office treated him and his staph infection incident.

Seeing Savage and the front office is gutted, the problem is gone.

That move would make zero sense from the Browns perspective but be an absolute steal for the Bills.

yordad
02-26-2009, 03:47 PM
http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/huh? I don't know what you want me to look at, but if you just provide a quote, I would believe ya, and appreciate it.

The King
02-26-2009, 03:48 PM
huh? I don't know what you want me to look at, but if you just provide a quote, I would believe ya, and appreciate it.Its a link to the U's website.

yordad
02-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Its a link to the U's website.But why?

SeatownBillsFan21
02-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Its a link to the U's website.
Yeah and?????

DraftBoy
02-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Trading the #11 overall pick for Daniels would be a very bad idea imo.

floridajoe
02-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Trading the #11 overall pick for Daniels would be a very bad idea imo.

A truly terrible move, I agree

Michael82
02-26-2009, 04:44 PM
I think that they are salivating over getting Owen Daniels and would make the right trade (McGee and a draft pick for Daniels...)

casdhf
02-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Doesn't winslow have his big rookie contract still?

X-Era
02-26-2009, 05:13 PM
I think that they are salivating over getting Owen Daniels and would make the right trade (McGee and a draft pick for Daniels...)

He was one of BillsWins 4 players that the Bills want... for whatever thats worth.

If we end up getting the players on his list and nothing better... and cut Dockery just to make it a money wash... Im gonna be pissed. I will see it as trading OK players for OK players (Daniels excluded).

Marvelous
02-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Mahdi, seriously bro, If you really think the Bills are gonna pursue Kellen Winslow then i hate to say it but, You just don't know your owner well enough.. The Ralph stays far away from crap.. The only breakdown in this rule is drafting Lynch. Do rookies count as much?

-Too bad Fred Jackson couldn't bulk up & play TE. We know he has the hands..

Marvelous
02-26-2009, 10:04 PM
I would be very happy to see us trade our 3rd rounder the evening after day 1. That is teh time that many teams start craving the next rounds picks, since they had a evening to contemplate who's available etc...Be nice to score Daniels then eh.