PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carrucci on 103.3 the Edge Buffalo Radio

bigbub2352
02-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Vic said the reason we cut Derrick Dockery cause he degenerated as a player and after they did there grade out at the end of the season he had failing grades everywhere
his contract was major factor and by cutting him it opens up money for the Bills but not necessarly to sign anyone else is what Vic said

Also called this a widely critised signing across the league for the money they gave him. And said it was misspent money before he put on a Bills Uniform, also said Marv is part to blame for missing that badly

Also Robert Royal said not enough production for a guy labeled as starter was not a starter in Washington and wasnt a starting calibur player here, Bills are looking for a pass catching TE

On any rumors he said he doesnt think Bills are gonna make any big moves, and said there have been talks that the Bills are looking at Josh Brown

He said the Hard thing the Bills are gonna run into is that if any team offers the same money the Bills offer that the FA mite be more attracted to another team cause of the uncertainty of DJ and reiterated that the Bills
are gonna go after 2nd and 3rd teir FAs

He thinks they are looking in the draft for major needs, and he said that Bills will concentrate on 2nd and 3rd teird FAs, like Brad Meester type FAs

He said a hole lot of spending over the first wave of FA, and then after that the market will calm down do to economy

Said greer will hit open market, and said the Bills are gonna wait and see how it pans out

On JP Losman 0 play for him and he should look for another line of work.. his exact words, he said there may be no NFL work for him, maybe look to CFL
he said the worse thing that happened to JP is that he played WOW

Vic Carruci will also be on tomorrow at 4pm on 103.3 the Edge if any one is interested

Well doesnt sound very promising for those who want a big splash in FA get ready for the same Ole ****

Slim
02-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Depressing.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 03:26 PM
And this is exactly why this team will once again be a poor team. Jauron won't be good enough to get a bunch of average players to the playoffs or a championship. Let's wait and see, but if that is the way it plays out...say hello to a lot of blackouts!

Slim
02-26-2009, 03:27 PM
I live in California, so i dont know muchabout Carrucci. Is his info usually accurate?

bigbub2352
02-26-2009, 03:29 PM
I live in California, so i dont know muchabout Carrucci. Is his info usually accurate?
Vic Carrucci is the national editor for NFL.com, and was a big beat writer in buffalo he knows his **** and is usually right.

justasportsfan
02-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Vic Carrucci is the national editor for NFL.com, and was a big beat writer in buffalo he knows his **** and is usually right.
Not. The guy switches his stance depending on the outcome. Then again, that what writers do to cover their mistakes.

This was the very same guy who said Nall would end up winning the starting job.He also stated that JP would continue to make strides after 06.

ddaryl
02-26-2009, 03:35 PM
well if this is what happens for Buffalo this offseason, then I would hope anyone going to the HOF for Ralphs induction bring a couple bushels of rotten tomatoes

floridajoe
02-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Not. The guy switches his stance depending on the outcome. Then again, that what writers do to cover their mistakes.

This was the very same guy who said Nall would end up winning the starting job.He also stated that JP would continue to make strides after 06.

I stopped paying attention to him years ago because he seemed to full of it. Reminds me of Geraldo Rivera.

dasaybz
02-26-2009, 03:40 PM

World of Warcraft?

Mr. Pink
02-26-2009, 03:41 PM

You may owe me some ZBs if Vic is right about JP though!

:up:

Night Train
02-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Let the FA period and draft play out before playing taps.

justasportsfan
02-26-2009, 03:44 PM
You may owe me some ZBs if Vic is right about JP though!

:up:
what?

that was last season?

BTW, why are our coaches at the combine. I also saw HC's of other teams there. I thought they had no say in draft acording to you.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-26-2009, 03:45 PM
The thing is, is this is how the Bills do business ever year we will get 1 major sign and the a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier players who come and compete for starting jobs the draft is where this team is gonna get better and unfortunately thats so hit and miss and takes time to develop players ya just never know. this is depressing to read this but its likely that this going on at 1 bills drive. Bummer.

yordad
02-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Is Josh Brown and Jason Brown the same guy?

trapezeus
02-26-2009, 03:51 PM
I always liked Vic.

His take on Dockery Failing all his grades is sad and odd. Sad that alot of people said we just overpaid to overpay. But guess what? that's the situation the bills are going to be in until they turn this ship around and that starts with better coaching. Great players don't want to Barry Sanders their career witha losing team like buffalo. It's odd because if dockery got failing grades and most people didn't complain too much about him during the year, what the heck did fowler and Duke "I snapped it up my ass" Preston get? is there something below failing?

His take on Losman is hilarious. Our board talks about the losman debate regularly, but it seems that around the league Losman is done. And it kind of makes all of us look stupid for trusting him as long as we did. The 2009 season will be better simply by not having him on the team.

And it was sad that Vic backed up what my thought was which i put in another post. The Bills often let us down. Why is this offseason going to be any different with the same people at the helm. Maybe if they got a real coach we could assume things would be different. Just because ralph got in to the HoF means nothing. If anything, it just confirms to him that he can keep doing the same crap.

The Life of a Bills fan: Agony upon Agony with a spritzing of hope.

X-Era
02-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Vic said the reason we cut Derrick Dockery cause he degenerated as a player and after they did there grade out at the end of the season he had failing grades everywhere
his contract was major factor and by cutting him it opens up money for the Bills but not necessarly to sign anyone else is what Vic said

Also called this a widely critised signing across the league for the money they gave him. And said it was misspent money before he put on a Bills Uniform, also said Marv is part to blame for missing that badly

Also Robert Royal said not enough production for a guy labeled as starter was not a starter in Washington and wasnt a starting calibur player here, Bills are looking for a pass catching TE

On any rumors he said he doesnt think Bills are gonna make any big moves, and said there have been talks that the Bills are looking at Josh Brown

He said the Hard thing the Bills are gonna run into is that if any team offers the same money the Bills offer that the FA mite be more attracted to another team cause of the uncertainty of DJ and reiterated that the Bills
are gonna go after 2nd and 3rd teir FAs

He thinks they are looking in the draft for major needs, and he said that Bills will concentrate on 2nd and 3rd teird FAs, like Brad Meester type FAs

He said a hole lot of spending over the first wave of FA, and then after that the market will calm down do to economy

Said greer will hit open market, and said the Bills are gonna wait and see how it pans out

On JP Losman 0 play for him and he should look for another line of work.. his exact words, he said there may be no NFL work for him, maybe look to CFL

Vic Carruci will also be on tomorrow at 4pm on 103.3 the Edge if any one is interested

Well doesnt sound very promising for those who want a big splash in FA get ready for the same Ole ****

Absolute crap! No one should wonder why we will continue to stink!

WeAreArthurMoates
02-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I consider signing a guy like brad meester a good move. Take it for what it's worth Vic is only expressing his opinion.

Pinkerton Security
02-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Is Josh Brown and Jason Brown the same guy?

i was gonna let it slide, but ya, I hope we're not going after a kicker...

SeatownBillsFan21
02-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Does Vic know Dick???

Tatonka
02-26-2009, 04:02 PM
wow.. i actually took tomorrow off to sit around and watch the nfl channel.. sweet.

:mad:

floridajoe
02-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Absolute crap! No one should wonder why we will continue to stink!

Do you think Vic Carucci is calling the shots?

ZacGriffi~82
02-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Carrucci is wrong way more then he is right.

X-Era
02-26-2009, 04:42 PM

I hope so. Now that Ive calmed down. I have to believe they have something in mind.

If for no other reason, why now?

Ok, I agree that Dokcery was overpaid, but why not keep him till deep into training camp and then release him? Why now? on the eve of free agency?

The only reason is to open a spot and/or be willing to spend more money.

I have to wonder if Jason Brown is in the mix in this.

Brown has already said he wants to be paid as a G, the Fins werent offering that, they are offering a C job. And we couldnt argue that we wanted him for G since we had returning starters at G. Now, we have an opening.

It makes sense.

Michael82
02-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Sorry, but Vic doesn't know ****. Each year, these idiots try to guess what the Bills are going to do. Each year, they are proved wrong. We won't know the Bills plans until tomorrow afternoon. I still say that we will sign someone big and we made the cuts today to free up money. I also will continue to repeat that Ralph said that we don't have enough talent to win. He knows that fans are pissed and wants to be able to make money this year, so he will throw us a bone and sign a couple guys. He always shows us that he's willing to spend cash in FA. Now let's see who he brings in....

Michael82
02-26-2009, 04:52 PM
EXACTLY! :hi5:

X-Era
02-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Sorry, but Vic doesn't know ****. Each year, these idiots try to guess what the Bills are going to do. Each year, they are proved wrong. We won't know the Bills plans until tomorrow afternoon. I still say that we will sign someone big and we made the cuts today to free up money. I also will continue to repeat that Ralph said that we don't have enough talent to win. He knows that fans are pissed and wants to be able to make money this year, so he will throw us a bone and sign a couple guys. He always shows us that he's willing to spend cash in FA. Now let's see who he brings in....
Ok, is there any possibility that you can dream of that Ralph completely shows us hes ridiculous at this point and signs no one of note?

Is it even possible? That he makes a comment about how we dont have enough talent and then goes and releases Dockery, who was overpaid... yes. But solid as well.

Is it possible for Ralph to make that statement, cut a player he paid aton too just two years ago and then do very very little in FA?

Id have to agree on the surface that he just cant do it... but could he?

trapezeus
02-26-2009, 05:10 PM
he was cut now because there is a roster bonus due to him. this is just a money saving move. this isn't to spend more money. Ralph has you by the Jaurons, so we just have to deal with it.

Pinkerton Security
02-26-2009, 06:22 PM
he was cut now because there is a roster bonus due to him. this is just a money saving move. this isn't to spend more money. Ralph has you by the Jaurons, so we just have to deal with it.

ill bet you all my zonebucks we dont spend more money than dockery saved us, and our payroll will be higher next year than this past one.

Devin
02-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Sigh. Same old Bills.

Ebenezer
02-26-2009, 06:48 PM
The team "fired" two somewhat serviceable players to save RW money and appease the fans...they just went from 5 wins next year to 4...maybe 3.

Romes
02-26-2009, 07:54 PM
He said the same thing last year and we traded for Stroud and signed Mitchell.