• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Implications of Dockery's release

This is just speculation on my part, but I see a fairly logical connection here.

With Buffalo releasing Dockery, it would mean that they blamed his poor play on Dockery himself instead of the lack of a true starting center and an LT who held out for the entire offseason. I've heard before that the whole left side was affected by Peters' holdout - I guess the Bills didn't think so.

Maybe it's just me, but it would seem to me that this means Peters probably won't be traded. This probably isn't big news, but it has been a distinct possibility this offseason. With Dockery's release, I see them keeping Peters for sure and possibility giving him an extension mid-season like they did with Evans last year.

Any thoughts?
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Implications of Dockery's release

Originally posted by psubills62
    This is just speculation on my part, but I see a fairly logical connection here.

With Buffalo releasing Dockery, it would mean that they blamed his poor play on Dockery himself instead of the lack of a true starting center and an LT who held out for the entire offseason. I've heard before that the whole left side was affected by Peters' holdout - I guess the Bills didn't think so.

Maybe it's just me, but it would seem to me that this means Peters probably won't be traded. This probably isn't big news, but it has been a distinct possibility this offseason. With Dockery's release, I see them keeping Peters for sure and possibility giving him an extension mid-season like they did with Evans last year.

Any thoughts?
    i agree. i def think we are keeping peters no matter what, and will extend his fat a**.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
      • Mar 2004

Yes they will extended him i never thought he would be delt in the first place but no one is safe on this team it seems like so ill wait and see hopefully he don't hold out again that's bad for all party's involved.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by SeatownBillsFan21
        Yes they will extended him i never thought he would be delt in the first place but no one is safe on this team it seems like so ill wait and see hopefully he don't hold out again that's bad for all party's involved.
        Before Dockery's release, I wouldn't have been surprised if they traded him for the right price (1st plus some picks). But now I think they keep him for sure.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
        X