Rumor: Bills to be major players in the Jason Brown sweepstakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Rumor: Bills to be major players in the Jason Brown sweepstakes?

Al's Free Agency Tip...Don't be surprised if the Buffalo Bills are major players in the Jason Brown sweepstakes. Destite reports that the Dolphins, Chiefs and Rams are the frontrunners for the Ravens free agent center/guard, the Bills have the cap space, and released guard Derrick Dockery today to pave the way to sign Brown. Brown can play both guard and center, and excels in playing teams that employ the 3-4 scheme, because he's physical enough to handle the nose tackle head-on, which was the Bills major weakness last season. All of the Bills opponents in the AFC East play a 3-4 scheme, in which the Bills were 0-6 within the division last season.

I can see it and thats the only reason I post this even with a link.

• DBrown77
    Watching the Bills suck since 1999
    • Mar 2005

Re: Rumor: Bills to be major players in the Jason Brown sweepstakes?

I saw this on PFT or Rotoworld also

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

This is pretty obvious.. I said a month ago when everyone was on Birk's and Saturday's jock that the guy the Bills would try to land would be Brown, who's younger and going into his prime.

Didnt know at the time that he wanted to play guard though.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        This is pretty obvious.. I said a month ago when everyone was on Birk's and Saturday's jock that the guy the Bills would try to land would be Brown, who's younger and going into his prime.

Didnt know at the time that he wanted to play guard though.
        And I said before anyone, as far as posts that i saw, that he should be a guy we should go after.

Who cares? He is a top free agent, and as a matter of fact, the level of attention that hes getting is turning me off.

Afterall, he spent a total of one year as a starter at center.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2005

brown is going to be a dolphin, just because you cant sign till midnight doesnt mean most of the top UFA's dont already have contracts worked out. i drove from kentucky to florida today and listened to sirius NFL radio all day and every bills fan that asked about brown possibly going to the bills all announcers said it isnt happening and that he already had a deal in place. remember last year parcells already pretty much had smiley locked up and it was anounced at 12:01am

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
            brown is going to be a dolphin, just because you cant sign till midnight doesnt mean most of the top UFA's dont already have contracts worked out. i drove from kentucky to florida today and listened to sirius NFL radio all day and every bills fan that asked about brown possibly going to the bills all announcers said it isnt happening and that he already had a deal in place. remember last year parcells already pretty much had smiley locked up and it was anounced at 12:01am
            So announcers on Sirius have the final answer before free agency?

Anyone want to bring up the long list of supposed done deals according to Sirius last year at this time?

Comment

Working...
            X