PDA

View Full Version : I smell '06 all over again.

patmoran2006
02-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Remember 2006 when we signed every garbage picking FA imaginable (like more than a dozen total) and pretty much everyone of them sucked?? Put it this way, I implore you to find a 2006 FA signing still on this active roster.

Anyway, anyone get the feeling that's coming again? A bunch of guys that we "hope" can turn out to be good players?

billsfanone
02-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Who the f knows...

B-DON
02-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Have "you" ever smelled anything good debbie?

patmoran2006
02-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes, I just smelled something very good before I came into my home office.

In all seriousness; this is looking like one of those FA classes and one of those years.

B-DON
02-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Yes, I just smelled something very good before I came into my home office.

In all seriousness; this is looking like one of those FA classes and one of those years.

i hear ya. if we don't get one of the three or four big names i will be highly disappointed which i already foresee happening

Bulldog
02-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Just makes me wonder why Buffalo cut Dockery. I realize he was less than steller last year, but I think we can all agree that he's better than anyone on the roster right now. So if Buffalo isn't going to go out and find a suitable replacement, the move boils down to a money saving tactic. And if that's the case, I may be done watching this team. I'll go root for a team who's owner actually cares about winning and puts forth an honest effort to do so. It's so frustrating to go through this year after year and listen to Wilson basically laugh at how pathetic this team has been for the last decade.

raphael120
02-26-2009, 11:58 PM
Remember 2006 when we signed every garbage picking FA imaginable (like more than a dozen total) and pretty much everyone of them sucked?? Put it this way, I implore you to find a 2006 FA signing still on this active roster.

Anyway, anyone get the feeling that's coming again? A bunch of guys that we "hope" can turn out to be good players?

Remember '07 and '08 when we signed big name guys and we still sucked?

This FO has YET to prove that it can pick the right players may they be lower tier or higher tier FA's.

Syderick
02-27-2009, 12:24 AM
o well it's a wait and see situation

Mr. Miyagi
02-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Remember '07 and '08 when we signed big name guys and we still sucked?

This FO has YET to prove that it can pick the right players may they be lower tier or higher tier FA's. Refresh my memory, who were the big names guys that we signed in the past 2 years? Kawika Mitchell? Stroud is the only big name I can think of and our defense improved dramatically.

This year's FA class is less than spectecular for sure.

tat2dmike77
02-27-2009, 01:43 AM
Just makes me wonder why Buffalo cut Dockery. I realize he was less than steller last year, but I think we can all agree that he's better than anyone on the roster right now. So if Buffalo isn't going to go out and find a suitable replacement, the move boils down to a money saving tactic. And if that's the case, I may be done watching this team. I'll go root for a team who's owner actually cares about winning and puts forth an honest effort to do so. It's so frustrating to go through this year after year and listen to Wilson basically laugh at how pathetic this team has been for the last decade.

Wow so i guess loyalty is not a word you are familar with huh? You act like your the only fan that is tired of this. Yeah we all enjoy having this crap coach and signing people who don't pan out and we really enjoy losing games. If all it takes for this team to not sign a big name player and you will no longer be a fan then were you really one in the first place?

:negrep:

floridajoe
02-27-2009, 06:29 AM

Bye Bye

yordad
02-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Hey! I'm pretty sure Bull dog is a fan, and this team is going to need every last one if they keep feeding us crap.

floridajoe
02-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Hey! I'm pretty sure Bull dog is a fan, and this team is going to need every last one if they keep feeding us crap.

If he wants to go, let him go. There are plenty of fans left who don't threaten to walk away becuase we don't like the left guard situation.

DraftBoy
02-27-2009, 07:51 AM
I disagree actually Pat, that year we were reckless with our moves and did not plan out the roster. Here we are filling in key spots that will help us in the draft to take BPA and really improve the roster.

If we sign the three guys we have in today (can't count Moore because he is officially here). Then you have filled in your #2 QB spot, your #2 WR spot, and a OL spot. That means during the draft (and especially in Round 1 and 2) we have a ton of flexibility which is nice and makes it much easier to trade up or down.

Bulldog
02-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Wow so i guess loyalty is not a word you are familar with huh? You act like your the only fan that is tired of this. Yeah we all enjoy having this crap coach and signing people who don't pan out and we really enjoy losing games. If all it takes for this team to not sign a big name player and you will no longer be a fan then were you really one in the first place?

:negrep:

Loyalty is a two way street. Ralph Wilson hasn't shown any loyalty to the fans for suppoting this team for the past decade when they have been nothing short of pathetic. And you're right, I was never a fan to begin with. I enjoy shelling out $1,500.00 a year to go and watch the same crap team with an owner who refuses to address the lack of talent and poor coaching we get on a continual basis. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure most Bills fans are feeling the same as I am to some degree. Let me ask you this. What has Ralph Wilson and the Bills done to earn our support?

Bulldog
02-27-2009, 08:29 AM
If he wants to go, let him go. There are plenty of fans left who don't threaten to walk away becuase we don't like the left guard situation.

Floridajoe, if you think this has all come about because of the left guard situation, I don't know what to tell you. The handling of the left guard situation pretty much exemplifies everything that is wrong with this franchise and Ralph Wilson in particular. From his unwillingness to spend money on a decent front office and coaching staff, to his refusal to pay and land top talent, in the end it's all about grabbing as much money as he can before he kicks the bucket.

RockStar36
02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
You guys crack me up.

It's been a decade since they made the playoffs and we already know how the front office/coaching staff operates.

What's the point in getting all upset about it? Just deal with it. The Bills will sign garbage free agents who got cut from other teams, but just need "a change in scenery" or who got a "raw deal" in the previous city. Then in about a season or two we'll be having the same discussion about those players sucking and the next round of garbage they are bringing in.