• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Two young names to consider that are FA's

Defensive End Chauncey Davis-Falcons-6'2, 274, 26 yrs old
    Has been the 3rd Falcons DE for the past few years and has been rather productive in doing so. Really had a good year this past season. Rushes the passer and plays the run well.
    2008-38 Tackles, 4 Sacks, 1 PD
    2007-30 Tackles, 2 Sacks

He started a total of 1 game over those two seasons so those numbers are playing backup minutes to DE John Abraham and former 1st Round pick Jamaal Anderson.

Outside Linebacker Freddie Keiaho-Colts, 5'11, 226lbs, 26 yrs old
    For whatever reason Keiaho was not tendered an RFA offer from Indy and is now a UFA. He is a smaller C2 LB but makes plays for the most part. Here are his numbers;
    2008-105 tackles
    2007-81 Tackles, .5 Sack, 1 INT

Neither guy is going to set the world on fire, but they could be good acquisitions...though Keiaho is extremely light and small.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • floridajoe
    • Feb 2009

Re: Two young names to consider that are FA's

Other than being younger, does Davis offer more than Denney? And Denney is cheaper. I like Davis, too, but is there a place for him here?

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by floridajoe
      Other than being younger, does Davis offer more than Denney? And Denney is cheaper. I like Davis, too, but is there a place for him here?
      Better size and to me he has better skills then Denney. He is one of the hardest workers Ive ever seen and I think in a more consistent starting role he could get close to double digit sacks and probably in excess of 50 tackles a year. From a DE that's good numbers.
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• jmb1099
        • Sep 2004

both decent

Comment

• floridajoe
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          Better size and to me he has better skills then Denney. He is one of the hardest workers Ive ever seen and I think in a more consistent starting role he could get close to double digit sacks and probably in excess of 50 tackles a year. From a DE that's good numbers.
          Would this then preclude picking a speed rusher early in the draft? We can't carry more than 5 DEs and Davis would give us 5.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by floridajoe
            Would this then preclude picking a speed rusher early in the draft? We can't carry more than 5 DEs and Davis would give us 5.
            I dont want a speed rusher anyways, so really that doesnt even come into consideration.

But I dont think it would stop us from picking up another DE via the draft and going into camp with 7 (assuming we pick another up via UDFA).
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• floridajoe
              • Feb 2009

Fair enough. There seems to be such momentum for getting a speed rusher.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

I simply don't agree with the speed rusher idea and I was just throwing two names out there, I have no idea if we are looking at either or if we will. I was just purusing FA links and looking for lesser known guys who I thought could be improvements.
                Last edited by DraftBoy; 02-27-2009, 07:53 AM.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

At the right price, sign them and put them into the mix, though I'm more interested in Davis.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    I simply don't agree with the speed rusher idea and I was just throwing two names out there, I have no idea if we are looking at either or if we will. I was just purusing FA links and looking for lesser known guys who I thought could be improvements.
                    I still dont get how it is you expect the Bills to improve their pass rush without a speed rusher... Where in the NFL is there ONE team getting to the QB without a speed rusher? I bet you can't name even ONE team.

Comment

Working...
                    X