PDA

View Full Version : Two young names to consider that are FA's

DraftBoy
02-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Defensive End Chauncey Davis-Falcons-6'2, 274, 26 yrs old
Has been the 3rd Falcons DE for the past few years and has been rather productive in doing so. Really had a good year this past season. Rushes the passer and plays the run well.
2008-38 Tackles, 4 Sacks, 1 PD
2007-30 Tackles, 2 Sacks

He started a total of 1 game over those two seasons so those numbers are playing backup minutes to DE John Abraham and former 1st Round pick Jamaal Anderson.

Outside Linebacker Freddie Keiaho-Colts, 5'11, 226lbs, 26 yrs old
For whatever reason Keiaho was not tendered an RFA offer from Indy and is now a UFA. He is a smaller C2 LB but makes plays for the most part. Here are his numbers;
2008-105 tackles
2007-81 Tackles, .5 Sack, 1 INT

Neither guy is going to set the world on fire, but they could be good acquisitions...though Keiaho is extremely light and small.

floridajoe
02-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Other than being younger, does Davis offer more than Denney? And Denney is cheaper. I like Davis, too, but is there a place for him here?

DraftBoy
02-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Other than being younger, does Davis offer more than Denney? And Denney is cheaper. I like Davis, too, but is there a place for him here?

Better size and to me he has better skills then Denney. He is one of the hardest workers Ive ever seen and I think in a more consistent starting role he could get close to double digit sacks and probably in excess of 50 tackles a year. From a DE that's good numbers.

jmb1099
02-27-2009, 07:39 AM
both decent

floridajoe
02-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Better size and to me he has better skills then Denney. He is one of the hardest workers Ive ever seen and I think in a more consistent starting role he could get close to double digit sacks and probably in excess of 50 tackles a year. From a DE that's good numbers.

Would this then preclude picking a speed rusher early in the draft? We can't carry more than 5 DEs and Davis would give us 5.

DraftBoy
02-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Would this then preclude picking a speed rusher early in the draft? We can't carry more than 5 DEs and Davis would give us 5.

I dont want a speed rusher anyways, so really that doesnt even come into consideration.

But I dont think it would stop us from picking up another DE via the draft and going into camp with 7 (assuming we pick another up via UDFA).

floridajoe
02-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Fair enough. There seems to be such momentum for getting a speed rusher.

DraftBoy
02-27-2009, 07:52 AM
I simply don't agree with the speed rusher idea and I was just throwing two names out there, I have no idea if we are looking at either or if we will. I was just purusing FA links and looking for lesser known guys who I thought could be improvements.

TigerJ
02-27-2009, 08:08 AM
At the right price, sign them and put them into the mix, though I'm more interested in Davis.

Mahdi
02-27-2009, 08:24 AM
I simply don't agree with the speed rusher idea and I was just throwing two names out there, I have no idea if we are looking at either or if we will. I was just purusing FA links and looking for lesser known guys who I thought could be improvements.
I still dont get how it is you expect the Bills to improve their pass rush without a speed rusher... Where in the NFL is there ONE team getting to the QB without a speed rusher? I bet you can't name even ONE team.