INFO I was just able to get... (9:30 am)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

INFO I was just able to get... (9:30 am)

Alright, just got done talking with my contact, who’s info has been impeccable over the last 48 hours. This is stuff that I can share with ya. Randomly written down.

n Earlier reports are accurate. Coles, Fitzpatrick, Simmons and Hangartner are indeed all scheduled to visit today. In fact, Hangartner is en route right now.

n Regarding Coles, per who I talked too, he doesn’t see the Bills signing him. For starters, he walked away from $6 million guaranteed this year and there is no way the Bills are paying him that much money this year. Perhaps they are trying to drive up a price for Miami?

n Hangartner was the FIRST person contacted right after midnight. The Bills envision him as their starting center. I would almost bet he’s the first person we officially signed.

n Simmons will go through a battery of tests on his achiles. Not that this means anything, but he also has diabetes. The Bills liked his ability before the injury and he’s known to be an extremely high character guy.

n Fitzpatrick was the first QB they wanted to contact. The club really likes him. They didn’t contact Kyle Boller, who per my conversation they expect to land in Dallas. Rex Grossman (ewww) is a potential candidate

n Russ Brandon put an offer to Jason Peters agent, Eugene Parker on the table on Wednesday. I haven’t been able to find out squat about what it may be for.

n Regarding Royal and Dockery, both were cut due to performance and not money. It was confirmed Dockery saves them $26 milion over the remainder of his contract. Sadly, this guy made $18.5 million in his two years with the Bills.

n The Bills are “keeping tabs” on Jason Brown. No formal visit has been scheduled, and I couldn’t tell for sure that we tried to get him in here, but I can tell it kinda sounds like they attempted and Brown was more interested in visiting St. Louis.

n The club “doesn’t appear” to be interested in Matt Birk.

n No contact for Michael Boley. However, the club is developing an interest in Indy LB Freddy Keiaho, who was just released by the Colts for cap reasons. For the record, he’s only 229 pounds, though he did have over 100 tackles last year.

n No contact, as of yet regarding Antonio Smith and Bertrand Berry. They don’t expect to be able to land Smith, who is already getting interest from a half dozen teams.

n They were never intending on being players for Haynesworth. At $100 million, I don’t blame them.

n I found this VERY interesting. The FO wrestled with the idea of cutting Aaron Schobel and then possibly trying to bring him back at a cheaper price. In the end obviously, they kept him, and owe him a $3.5 million bonus as of today.

n The Bills expect Bart Scott to go to the Jets for close to $8 million per year.

n No interest in Derrick Brooks, at least that’s as of now.

n Russ Brandon is running things right now, Modrak is pretty much doing what he always does and that’s getting ready for the draft.

n Fred Taylor is with the Patriots. The Bills interest in Kevin Jones is legit. From what I got, they’re insuring themselves at RB in case Lynch gets suspended, and they are also sending a message out to him.

n Keith Brooking could be on the Bills radar at WLB.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: INFO I was just able to get... (9:30 am)

Going by what I am hearing.. I think Hangartner and Fitzpatrick could be Bills right away, and I think Simmons has a good chance to land here as well.

I will be VERY surprised if the Bills sign Cole. I think (personally) they would be crazy to pay him $6+ million per year.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

If they sign Fitz, I'll be happy for day 1. He's the best available backup QB, IMO.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

What about the Housh rumor? Did you ask?

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Why is everyone questioning why Coles would want to leave?

They have ZERO QB, a brand new head coach and that means an all new system.

Why does Coles want to go through that crap at his age?

Maybe hes also pissed off at the front office when they cut Chad and went with Brett.

Id pay him 6 mill, why the hell not? Hes actually cheaper than Dockery was.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Thanks for the report, pat. Disappointing to hear that we probably won't get Coles...he and Hangartner are the ones I wanted out of that group.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• zone
              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
              • Oct 2003

Yea, any update on the Housh rumor?
              www.blzbus.com

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                What about the Housh rumor? Did you ask?
                yes, I did.. I forgot.
                I didnt hear anything about us even speaking with his agent. Doesnt mean they havent, or wont.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

By the way, Keith Brooking is obviously an instant upgrade to Ellison. At the very worst, hes an upgrade at backup LB. Thats an improvement. Id like it.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Wow.
                    now confirmed, Bart Scott to the Jets
                    Last edited by patmoran2006; 02-27-2009, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• dasaybz
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      Alright, just got done talking with my contact, who’s info has been impeccable over the last 48 hours. This is stuff that I can share with ya. Randomly written down.

n Earlier reports are accurate. Coles, Fitzpatrick, Simmons and Hangartner are indeed all scheduled to visit today. In fact, Hangartner is en route right now.

n Regarding Coles, per who I talked too, he doesn’t see the Bills signing him. For starters, he walked away from $6 million guaranteed this year and there is no way the Bills are paying him that much money this year. Perhaps they are trying to drive up a price for Miami?

n Hangartner was the FIRST person contacted right after midnight. The Bills envision him as their starting center. I would almost bet he’s the first person we officially signed.

n Simmons will go through a battery of tests on his achiles. Not that this means anything, but he also has diabetes. The Bills liked his ability before the injury and he’s known to be an extremely high character guy.

n Fitzpatrick was the first QB they wanted to contact. The club really likes him. They didn’t contact Kyle Boller, who per my conversation they expect to land in Dallas. Rex Grossman (ewww) is a potential candidate

n Russ Brandon put an offer to Jason Peters agent, Eugene Parker on the table on Wednesday. I haven’t been able to find out squat about what it may be for.

n Regarding Royal and Dockery, both were cut due to performance and not money. It was confirmed Dockery saves them $26 milion over the remainder of his contract. Sadly, this guy made $18.5 million in his two years with the Bills.

n The Bills are “keeping tabs” on Jason Brown. No formal visit has been scheduled, and I couldn’t tell for sure that we tried to get him in here, but I can tell it kinda sounds like they attempted and Brown was more interested in visiting St. Louis.

n The club “doesn’t appear” to be interested in Matt Birk.

n No contact for Michael Boley. However, the club is developing an interest in Indy LB Freddy Keiaho, who was just released by the Colts for cap reasons. For the record, he’s only 229 pounds, though he did have over 100 tackles last year.

n No contact, as of yet regarding Antonio Smith and Bertrand Berry. They don’t expect to be able to land Smith, who is already getting interest from a half dozen teams.

n They were never intending on being players for Haynesworth. At $100 million, I don’t blame them.

n I found this VERY interesting. The FO wrestled with the idea of cutting Aaron Schobel and then possibly trying to bring him back at a cheaper price. In the end obviously, they kept him, and owe him a $3.5 million bonus as of today.

n The Bills expect Bart Scott to go to the Jets for close to $8 million per year.

n No interest in Derrick Brooks, at least that’s as of now.

n Russ Brandon is running things right now, Modrak is pretty much doing what he always does and that’s getting ready for the draft.

n Fred Taylor is with the Patriots. The Bills interest in Kevin Jones is legit. From what I got, they’re insuring themselves at RB in case Lynch gets suspended, and they are also sending a message out to him.

n Keith Brooking could be on the Bills radar at WLB.
                      IF this is true, then it looks like the same ol same ol from OBD.

Nothing here gets me even remotely excited.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Yeah, it is classic Bills.

We don't mind guys that are either unproven (but highly thought of), or we want guys that are coming off injury, or on the wrong side of 30. Translation... we dont want to spend top money.

That said, we just cut a guy that we spent top money on.

Comment

• acehole
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          If they sign Fitz, I'll be happy for day 1. He's the best available backup QB, IMO.
                          He will be starting by game 3 and will be an improvement.
                          Hated by the stupid..
                          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Update: 10:00 AM
                            Jamie Winborn is in for a visit today.. It was reported somewhere that he visited with the team yesterday. .That is not accurate. He is here visiting this morning.

Comment

• Bulldog
                              Top Dog
                              • Jan 2003

Happy days. I can hardly contain my excitement.
                              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
                              X