PDA

View Full Version : Greer Update

DraftBoy
02-27-2009, 11:07 AM
NFL | Greer receiving interest from several teams
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:58:25 -0800

Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports among the teams showing interest in free-agent CB Jabari Greer (Bills) are the Denver Broncos, the New Orleans Saints, the Detroit Lions, the Cleveland Browns, the Atlanta Falcons, the St. Louis Rams, the Baltimore Ravens, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the New York Jets.

Id say are chances of landing him are between nill and zilch...

Tatonka
02-27-2009, 11:14 AM
while i would have liked to have him back.. i just cant see how it would have happened.. we have odis.. who is going to be our number 1 cb. i dont think there is a question about that. mcgee is a very good cb as well.. at a minimum, he is a strong #2. youboty was our best cb when he was on the field last year and they can still resign/extend him this year. then corner clearly played well as a rookie.. those top 4 are good.. a lot of teams dont have anything like that. if you want to throw whitner in there as a 5th cb when needed. i think we are fine. good luck to greer. he earned a good contract and i hope he gets it.

RockStar36
02-27-2009, 11:15 AM
See ya. He wasn't anything special.

DraftBoy
02-27-2009, 11:22 AM
while i would have liked to have him back.. i just cant see how it would have happened.. we have odis.. who is going to be our number 1 cb. i dont think there is a question about that. mcgee is a very good cb as well.. at a minimum, he is a strong #2. youboty was our best cb when he was on the field last year and they can still resign/extend him this year. then corner clearly played well as a rookie.. those top 4 are good.. a lot of teams dont have anything like that. if you want to throw whitner in there as a 5th cb when needed. i think we are fine. good luck to greer. he earned a good contract and i hope he gets it.

I agree but I am a little concerned about depending so heavily on two 2nd year players to give big time PT. I mean they looked good but you and I have been following rookies for a long time now and we both know that sometimes they can hit the dreaded sophmore slump. As much as Youboty looked good last year he needs to prove he can stay healthy long term and Im not as big on McGee as you are.

RockStar36
02-27-2009, 11:24 AM
McGee is nothing "great" but I like McKelvin much more than Greer, so I'm ok with that move.

floridajoe
02-27-2009, 11:25 AM
McGee is in a contract year. I'm sure he'll be more than decent but then this time next year we'll be wondering where we're gonna get another corner from.

Thurmal
02-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Letting Greer go is a mistake. That guy had great ball and coverage skills despite never having a pass rush. Remember that when he is tearing it up in Baltimore or for some other team whose defense doesn't play the Cover Suck.

Tatonka
02-27-2009, 12:30 PM
the contract that foxworth just signed may actually help us get greer back to be honest.. if we offered 25 million as was reported, foxworth just got 28. so maybe it will still work out. i would prefer to have him, but i am fine with it if we dont get him.