• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Vrabel to KC

When reached via email, Patriots outside linebacker Mike Vrabel confirmed that he has been dealt to the Kansas City Chiefs, as first reported by the NFL Network
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Vrabel to KC

Wow. For who? Larry Johnson

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

draft pick(s)?

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Patriots trade Vrabel to Chiefs
        February 27, 2009 2:32 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
        Vrabel
        In what could be the first of a few offseason exchanges between the teams -- hello, Matt Cassel? -- the New England Patriots have traded Pro Bowl outside linebacker Mike Vrabel to the Kansas City Chiefs for an undisclosed draft choice.
        The Chiefs' new general manager is Scott Pioli, formerly vice president of player personnel for the Patriots.
        The Patriots lose a fan favorite with the trade, but it clears $3.35 million in salary-cap space for them.
        Vrabel will turn 34 before next season. He recorded 67 tackles, four sacks, one interception and one forced fumble last year. He was with the Patriots for all three of their Super Bowl championships.

Comment

• Slim
          • Apr 2004

This doesn't sound good... Rotoworld-

Patriots beat writer Mike Reiss wonders if Mike Vrabel's trade could be part of a larger deal including Matt Cassel.

Now that would be a doozy. Reiss is one of the most well-respected beat writers in the country, and is usually very cautious to publish anything resembling speculation. He rightly points out that we have no idea what the compensation in the Vrabel trade is.

Comment

Working...
          X