PDA

View Full Version : Bills Off To A Slow Start with NE, Jets, and Miami Making Splashes

raphael120
02-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Jets get Bart Scott if Raven's don't match Jet's offer, and theyre close to signing Kemoeatu.

Miami is apparently getting Coles, signed Gibril Wilson. Miami is even targeting Jim Leonard! Ha! Go figure.

Pats got Fred Taylor but it's not like they need much with Brady coming back.

Not to mention all three of these teams have better scouting staffs and FO's, it's just a disappointing start. We're in neutral right now and we have glaring needs at OG, C, DE, LB, WR, TE and S and we're not drafting anyone that'll make a huge impact in the draft.

I'm really crossing my fingers we get Simmons.

And that we have Fitz visiting is laughable. THAT'S your vet??? I'm going to go out on a limb there and say that JP LOSMAN may be just as good as Fitz.

Slim
02-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Coles to Mia is not true. :up:

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Free agency is 16 hours old. The Bills have players in.

Let's all relax and take a deep breath.

raphael120
02-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Coles to Mia is not true. :up:

That's promising but I just don't see the Bills paying that much for Coles let alone would I think Coles would choose to go to the Bills with the options that are out there. He could play with Pennington again.

Forward_Lateral
02-27-2009, 02:40 PM
If you think Losman is as good as Fitz, you haven't watched a single down of NFL football, ever.

raphael120

Yes they have players in but where are the players that are going to turn this team around from a 7-9 disappointment into a playoff team? These backup LB's from Denver? Who?

justasportsfan

I would rather hold my breath when you're around.

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Yes they have players in but where are the players that are going to turn this team around from a 7-9 disappointment into a playoff team? These backup LB's from Denver? Who?

Unless they have a head coach in too, that won't happen.

raphael120
If you think Losman is as good as Fitz, you haven't watched a single down of NFL football, ever.

LOL

I just realized that I'll never have to agrue with anyone ever again about whose better, JP, or Trent... But anyways...I think both JP and Fitz suck balls.

justasportsfan
Pffft. It's not like we got swept by those teams raphael mentioned. WE should just relax and take our time. We're no. 1 in the AFCE.

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
The last couple of years, the Bills have had these guys in and not announced any signings until 6 PM or so.

Mind you the Dockery, Walker, Whittle group was not very good but the signings did occur.

RockStar36
02-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Again, everybody is up in arms like they expected the Bills to make some kind of big splash. Did you guys hit your head before going to sleep last night? It's the BUFFALO BILLS.

justasportsfan
02-27-2009, 02:45 PM
The last couple of years, the Bills have had these guys in and not announced any signings until 6 PM or so.

Mind you the Dockery, Walker, Whittle group was not very good but the signings did occur.
Actually back then everyone thought Dockery was solid signing and Walker was questionable based on what happened at Okaland. Funny how things turned out.

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2009, 02:46 PM
I would rather hold my breath when you're around.

Shouldn't be off holding JP's hand while he awaits contract offers?

justasportsfan
02-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Shouldn't be off holding JP's hand while he awaits contract offers?
I can't, you're kneeling in front of him.

TedMock
02-27-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm actually happy we haven't made a "splash" this year. This is the one year where the draft will provide faster solutions than free agency. There are a few interior linemen out ther that I like, but there really aren't many "stud" free agent out there. Haynesworth was one I definitely would have liked, but not at anywhere remotely close to 7 years, $100 million. I do like Bart Scott quite a bit too. He's still in play btw the Jets and Baltimore. Houshmanzadeh would be the other guy I'd say is top-tier. Otherwise, we should take our time and sign quality players. Not bums, not castoffs, but quality ball players who are available for whatever reasons. Coles is coming to visit, supposedly so is Hangartner and Simmons. All would be decent vets that would upgrade their prospective positions. Sure, Fred Taylor would've been nice and I really like him, but reality is that he's an older, part-time back and NE is the far better fit for him. I would like to see us entertain Rocky Bernard too. Solid DT who is very consistent in production each year.

camelcowboy
02-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Bart Scott to jets false so put a hot compress on it.

Slim
02-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Bart Scott to jets false so put a hot compress on it.

The Ravens made the same offer plus 2 million. WOW.

justasportsfan
02-27-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm actually happy we haven't made a "splash" this year. This is the one year where the draft will provide faster solutions than free agency. .
Ted, we're not the only ones drafting . So are the jets ,fins and Pats. HIstory also has proven that they know how to use their picks and Fa's and translate them into wins. We haven't done squat with our drafts in recent years. All we've done is make them mediocre nfl players.

OUr division rivals are already trying to add more weapons to their 3-4 D's which our coaches couldn't figure out last year.Add more talent to those 3-4 D's we're moving to LA.

raphael120
02-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm actually happy we haven't made a "splash" this year. This is the one year where the draft will provide faster solutions than free agency. There are a few interior linemen out ther that I like, but there really aren't many "stud" free agent out there. Haynesworth was one I definitely would have liked, but not at anywhere remotely close to 7 years, $100 million. I do like Bart Scott quite a bit too. He's still in play btw the Jets and Baltimore. Houshmanzadeh would be the other guy I'd say is top-tier. Otherwise, we should take our time and sign quality players. Not bums, not castoffs, but quality ball players who are available for whatever reasons. Coles is coming to visit, supposedly so is Hangartner and Simmons. All would be decent vets that would upgrade their prospective positions. Sure, Fred Taylor would've been nice and I really like him, but reality is that he's an older, part-time back and NE is the far better fit for him. I would like to see us entertain Rocky Bernard too. Solid DT who is very consistent in production each year.

The only player to have any impact immediately in the past 3 years of drafts has been Lynch. Poz, Edwards, Simpson, Whitner, McCargo, etc etc etc...no impact whatsoever. 7-9, 7-9, 7-9

RockStar36
02-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Jets get Bart Scott if Raven's don't match Jet's offer, and theyre close to signing Kemoeatu.

Miami is apparently getting Coles, signed Gibril Wilson. Miami is even targeting Jim Leonard! Ha! Go figure.

Pats got Fred Taylor but it's not like they need much with Brady coming back.

Not to mention all three of these teams have better scouting staffs and FO's, it's just a disappointing start. We're in neutral right now and we have glaring needs at OG, C, DE, LB, WR, TE and S and we're not drafting anyone that'll make a huge impact in the draft.

I'm really crossing my fingers we get Simmons.

And that we have Fitz visiting is laughable. THAT'S your vet??? I'm going to go out on a limb there and say that JP LOSMAN may be just as good as Fitz.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3940172

TedMock
02-27-2009, 03:33 PM
The only player to have any impact immediately in the past 3 years of drafts has been Lynch. Poz, Edwards, Simpson, Whitner, McCargo, etc etc etc...no impact whatsoever. 7-9, 7-9, 7-9

Ok. That's not what I was getting at. My point is that THIS YEAR the free agent crop is not very good. Why just pull another Dockery type move? That's essentially what we would do if we overpay an average player. I have no problem with a decent veteran. I want them. My point is that this year it's just wiser to get bang for buck. Not every year. Some years have great free agents. This year just doesn't. I would love Jason Brown and Rocky Bernard. I would like a few of the other interior OL out there and I would like Coles. Other than that I just don't see anybody we should blow our load on. We absolutely need to draft better and, to address Justa's comment, we need to combine a good draft with good free agent signing. Good meaning smart, quality signings. Not necessarily a splash. If by some miracle we land TJ Housh, then that would be great. I just don't feel he's realistic. I don't want 33 y.o. Ray Lewis, or anybody like that either.

raphael120
02-27-2009, 03:41 PM
I have the feeling that out of the past few years, Buffalo is even LESS of an attractive place to play at for big name guys. There's a lot going against it, namingly who wants to willingly go to a team that is known for sucking and knowing also that their head coach is on a very short leash.

TedMock
02-27-2009, 03:42 PM
I have the feeling that out of the past few years, Buffalo is even LESS of an attractive place to play at for big name guys. There's a lot going against it, namingly who wants to willingly go to a team that is known for sucking and knowing also that their head coach is on a very short leash.

Absolutely.

Michael82
02-27-2009, 03:51 PM
:rofl: The Dolphins haven't even spoken with Coles yet. The Jets' offer to Scott is falling apart and they also lost out to that OG Kemoeatu, who re-signed with the Steelers.

justasportsfan
02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Good thing draftees have no choice unless your family name is Manning but I'm almost sure they're praying we don't draft them. Well maybe 6th and 7th rd draftees hope we reach for them.

justasportsfan
02-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Maybe Parcells knows something negative about Coles and is hoping we bring him in. Have you guys ever thought that we might be the suckers at the end of all of this?

Slim
02-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Scotts a Jet

Bart Scott has reportedly agreed to join the Jets after they upped their offer to him to a 6-year, $48 million contract.

Historian
02-27-2009, 04:42 PM
We're in neutral right now .

This team has been in reverse since 1999...

Slim
02-27-2009, 04:42 PM
The Bills need to do something now.