PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't look good for the Bills

BillsWin
02-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Unless the Bills can pull off a trade or something it looks like they will not be making even a ripple in this year's free agency.

My sources told me last night they had several interests. Most being with O-linemen, but they seemed to have picked the wrong ones to be waving their wallets at.

I haven't gotten anything new except Coles rumors and Geoff/ Simmons reports and that can be very good or very bad.

Stroud was a shock. maybe we'll get one.

Does anyone still have hope?

Pinkerton Security
02-27-2009, 04:07 PM
uh i know i do. its been 17 hours so far, and only about 10 of the top 60 or so FA's are signed by other teams. so...i think its gonna be ok people. wait out the storm, we werent going to get the big names anyways.

DBrown77
02-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Unless the Bills can pull off a trade or something it looks like they will not be making even a ripple in this year's free agency.

My sources told me last night they had several interests. Most being with O-linemen, but they seemed to have picked the wrong ones to be waving their wallets at.

I haven't gotten anything new except Coles rumors and Geoff/ Simmons reports and that can be very good or very bad.

No offense but your sources have pretty much been horrible so far. only thing that matched was that the Redskins were gunning for Haynesworth which was already all over the web. Pats have been dead on

on a side note, its still early, i think we will get something done

justasportsfan
02-27-2009, 04:30 PM

I don't have hope when it comes to your sources anymore. I'm starting to think your source is Carruci

Slim
02-27-2009, 04:32 PM
If you hear anything, post it.

BillsWin
02-27-2009, 04:56 PM
I was right about Hall signing, right about a big Browns trade (and i said that at midnight, no one broke the Winslow trade till this afternoon.), right about Haynesworth, Canty, Boller and a few other interests including the Jets and Scott and I broke them sometimes BEFORE rotoworld or the other sites. IN FACT some of the sites were down last night. SO DBrown, if you think my sources are horrible. Don't read them. savvy? I probably won't post anymore anyways.

I said it last night the sources are hit and miss, when you have this many free agents and 32 teams competing for them, you are going to get some different and conflicting reports.

Slim, nothing new for the Bills except for the same rumors everyone can read all over the place. Coles, and the linemen.

BillsWin
02-27-2009, 04:58 PM
It doesnt help that I wasn't in the office last night. I had no clue where my source was getting his info from, or his sources. So I just posted whatever I got.

Thank you.

Slim
02-27-2009, 04:59 PM
It doesnt help that I wasn't in the office last night. I had no clue where my source was getting his info from, or his sources. So I just posted whatever I got.

Thank you.

Are you still talking to him?

BillsWin
02-27-2009, 05:00 PM
yes. slim. you're good man.

DBrown77
02-27-2009, 05:22 PM
I was right about Hall signing, right about a big Browns trade (and i said that at midnight, no one broke the Winslow trade till this afternoon.), right about Haynesworth, Canty, Boller and a few other interests including the Jets and Scott and I broke them sometimes BEFORE rotoworld or the other sites. IN FACT some of the sites were down last night. SO DBrown, if you think my sources are horrible. Don't read them. savvy? I probably won't post anymore anyways.

I said it last night the sources are hit and miss, when you have this many free agents and 32 teams competing for them, you are going to get some different and conflicting reports.

Slim, nothing new for the Bills except for the same rumors everyone can read all over the place. Coles, and the linemen.

Just stating the facts man. wasn't trying to get you riled up.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-28-2009, 02:26 AM
...SO DBrown, if you think my sources are horrible. Don't read them. savvy? I probably won't post anymore anyways.

I said it last night the sources are hit and miss, when you have this many free agents and 32 teams competing for them, you are going to get some different and conflicting reports....

Please keep posting BillsWin. I'd rather read posts like yours that offer information--even if some of it turns out to just be rumour--than an endless stream of complaints that offer little or no information, insight or useful analysis.

Anyone who doesn't like your posts or find what you post credible or of value can simply ignore them.

With so much going on and teams and agents putting out a ton of information and disinformation and some teams trying to hide or camoflage the moves that they are making, it is difficult to sort through all of the conflicting reports and come up with even a fair percentage of solid information. You did a pretty good job on Friday--your "batting average" (percentage of correct reports vs incorrect ones) was better than that of some of the big name reporters out there who making a ton of money to report on this stuff. So, keep up the good work and please continue posting the info that you think is worthwhile!

Night Train
02-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Wow, are you going to stop riding the emotional roller coaster ? One day into FA and we didn't compete for high priced guys we had no shot at. Who is surprised ?

Let's see what we have a week from now before posting PANIC warnings every hour.

SquishDaFish
02-28-2009, 06:49 AM
DBrown your wrong pal. He broke info right before anyone else

chernobylwraiths
02-28-2009, 07:00 AM

Relax man. Post what you got. People appreciate it. They're just pissed we didn't land Haynesworth, Ray Lewis or TJ Housh....
People are drooling all over ANY reports including Pat Moran who many feel has no credibility. If you are on the level, thanks for all the work.

chernobylwraiths
02-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Please keep posting BillsWin. I'd rather read posts like yours that offer information--even if some of it turns out to just be rumour--than an endless stream of complaints that offer little or no information, insight or useful analysis.

Anyone who doesn't like your posts or find what you post credible or of value can simply ignore them.

With so much going on and teams and agents putting out a ton of information and disinformation and some teams trying to hide or camoflage the moves that they are making, it is difficult to sort through all of the conflicting reports and come up with even a fair percentage of solid information. You did a pretty good job on Friday--your "batting average" (percentage of correct reports vs incorrect ones) was better than that of some of the big name reporters out there who making a ton of money to report on this stuff. So, keep up the good work and please continue posting the info that you think is worthwhile!

Always the voice of reason, hope everything is going well with you.

Luisito23
02-28-2009, 07:04 AM
Always the voice of reason, hope everything is going well with you.

I 2nd. and 3rd. that!...

The Juice Is Loose
02-28-2009, 11:55 AM
This "Billswin" guy is an idiot.

This "my sources" crap is for REPORTERS.

If your a schmoe on a message board posting things, you don't need to keep your sources private, because your making it up.

At least make up a source if your making up stories.

Oh yeah wheres that trade with the state of Texas by the way?

Toolbag

Slim
02-28-2009, 11:58 AM
This "Billswin" guy is an idiot.

This "my sources" crap is for REPORTERS.

If your a schmoe on a message board posting things, you don't need to keep your sources private, because your making it up.

At least make up a source if your making up stories.

Oh yeah wheres that trade with the state of Texas by the way?

Toolbag

Attack the post, not the poster.

BillsWin
02-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I hate people.