PDA

View Full Version : Coles has been in Buffalo since last night

Coach Sal
02-27-2009, 05:27 PM
I have it on good authority that Laveranues Coles was actually in Buffalo last night.

And since the Bills confirmed he was at OBD at around 3pm, it's safe to assume he didn't fly from Buffalo to Miami this morning then back to Buffalo in the early afternoon.

So, most likely, he never visited the Dolphins today and only had phone conversations with them while in Buffalo......or never actually talked to them at all.

It also means the Bills were very quick to make sure they got him in their building as soon as free agency opened. SIRIUS radio reportedly said he was staying in Buffalo tnight. If that's the case, and he's been in B-Lo for at least 24 hours and still there tonight, I'd have to believe there's more than just "interest" on BOTH ends and numbers are being talked about more than casually.

Slim
02-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Sal pulls though :up:

chernobylwraiths
NFL network finally talking about Coles and Buffalo. They make it sound like its not a good move for Coles, but then again they say the Bills have a lot of talent with Evans, Parrish, and drafted Hardy last year. :idunno:

Mitchell55
Sign him to a 3 year, 7 million dollars.

rcd333
02-27-2009, 05:33 PM
why would he do that if he coulg get 6 mill for one year

Tatonka
02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
i gotta be honest.. i am completely indifferent about coles. i dont really care if he comes here or not. he is a very solid vet wr.. and we could use that.. but i dont really care if it is him or not. i guess i just envisioned a bigger guy. hopefully steve johnson is the next colston or tj, both 7th rounders.

Mitchell55
^ a year. It adds up to 21 through 3 years.

raphael120
What the Bills could do is front load his contract and then have other stuff in it based on incentives and his performance. we did just get rid of some dead weight

jmb1099
02-27-2009, 05:40 PM
he's a good pick up...we should sign him

BuffaloRanger
02-27-2009, 05:45 PM
I hope someone took him out and showed him the nightlife, either here or across the border, wink wink.

raphael120
02-27-2009, 05:52 PM
night life and the ladies of the night.

and if he likes extreme sports, he should try jaywalking on chippewa

Slim
02-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Chris Brown just reported that Coles left OBD without a contract. He didn't mention if he was staying another night.

patmoran2006
02-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Coles hasn't even TALKED to the Dolphins from what I gathered.

raphael120
02-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Well he left without a contract which means we aren't getting him.

Way to go ODB. Way to go Ralph and your "We don't have the talent" well you're pissing away the chances to get that talent right now.

Slim
02-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Well he left without a contract which means we aren't getting him.

Way to go ODB. Way to go Ralph and your "We don't have the talent" well you're pissing away the chances to get that talent right now.

If hes spending the night in Buffalo, he could be back at OBD tomorrow.

jimbohastle51
02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
chances are if he signs it will be for around or more than 4 million a year so if he is getting that kind of money as most free agents do he would have to take a physical which could be a reason he is staying over night in buffalo. maybe he has to have a physical before the deal can be done. it could have taken all day for a contract to be worked out, so it could be that the signing wont be done until tomorrow.

Mitchell55
02-27-2009, 06:19 PM
chances are if he signs it will be for around or more than 4 million a year so if he is getting that kind of money as most free agents do he would have to take a physical which could be a reason he is staying over night in buffalo. maybe he has to have a physical before the deal can be done. it could have taken all day for a contract to be worked out, so it could be that the signing wont be done until tomorrow.

Never thought of this, makes me happier.

Mski
02-27-2009, 06:21 PM

dont forget last year, we didnt make any moves until saturday afternoon, that being said, i think there is no way he leaves here with a contract, without going down to miami first... he has too many close ties there between tuna and pennington, to not atleast give them a official visit... and i wouldnt be supprised if he were to go there for less $$ than we were to offer because of those relationships

chernobylwraiths
02-27-2009, 06:23 PM
night life and the ladies of the night.

and if he likes extreme sports, he should try jaywalking on chippewa

That's only when the players are in town. If he really likes extreme sports, he should go around town on a Buffalo vs. Toronto night wearing a Leaf's jersey.

plundar
02-27-2009, 07:08 PM
dont forget last year, we didnt make any moves until saturday afternoon, that being said, i think there is no way he leaves here with a contract, without going down to miami first... he has too many close ties there between tuna and pennington, to not atleast give them a official visit... and i wouldnt be supprised if he were to go there for less $$ than we were to offer because of those relationships

We signed Mitchell the first day of FA last year. I think the Bills need to sign Coles. He would be a great add to the team. They need to step it up!!

jimbohastle51
02-27-2009, 07:19 PM
everyone needs to remember if we do sign him there is a reason though. yes it is a good signing and yes it does help draw coverage from evans and reed, but it also is because there are NO good tight ends available in free agency and really NO 1st round tight ends (again pettigrew fans he is slower than dirt and not worth a top 20 pick) so us bring in a very talented reciever is to also help hide our TE problems. that is unless we have a trade being worked out for owen daniels :) pure speculation but if they are high on him i am sure they offered or are offering something and i would love to know what houston turned down or is really asking.

jimbohastle51
02-27-2009, 07:24 PM
also i am sure tuna told coles to see what his value is then come to him but remember miami just gave camarillo a handsome extension and bess is a stud slot reciever and they also still are committed to ted ginn jr. bill parcells is not going to give coles money just to get him there, if he wanted to do that he could have brought his favorite reciever terry glenn this past season, he would have been healthy by week 4. so i do believe that if buffalo makes a reasonable offer that coles is ours. he is 31 and with the economy the way it is and remember even housh has been having problems today getting paid what he wants. he has plenty of teams interested but he cant find his deal. there isnt alot of teams looking for a reciever over 30 that has room for him to actually get reasonable playing time, and coles knows he can easily come in here and be the number 2.