PDA

View Full Version : Wait let me understand this

Mr. Miyagi
02-27-2009, 08:59 PM
So the Jets signed Bart Scott and traded for Lito Shepperd, and we signed Ryan Fitzpatrick? Did I get this right?

I know I"ve been out of the loop but please someone tell me I'm missing something. :pray:

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Yes.

It is day 1 of FA.

Nighthawk
02-27-2009, 09:06 PM
So the Jets signed Bart Scott and traded for Lito Shepperd, and we signed Ryan Fitzpatrick? Did I get this right?

I know I"ve been out of the loop but please someone tell me I'm missing something. :pray:

Nope...he's our big target in FA, so far. Oh and don't forget the 2nd stringer OL from the Panthers who is coming in tomorrow. Big things for these Bills this year, big things!

Lexwhat
02-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Jets also re-signed Brandon Moore.

Patriots signed Fred Taylor and TE Chris Baker.

Dolphins... did something.

Slim
02-27-2009, 09:08 PM
No. You're not missing anything.

Nighthawk
02-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Jets also re-signed Brandon Moore.

Patriots signed Fred Taylor and TE Chris Baker.

Dolphins... did something.

Dolphins have done some good things and have filled some holes and that is exactly what FA is supposed to be for.

jimbohastle51
02-27-2009, 09:17 PM
dolphins brought in gibril wilson as well as resigned channing crowder and yerimiah bell.

chernobylwraiths
02-27-2009, 09:21 PM
yeah, they signed a backup QB, so what?

Jeez

Lexwhat
02-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Dolphins have done some good things and have filled some holes and that is exactly what FA is supposed to be for.

Yup. I (honestly) just forgot who they signed...

I must admit that I'm less excited this off-season than I've been the previous few off-seasons. Retaining Dick Jauron was a huge disappointment for me.

As a result, I haven't followed FA as closely this year, and don't know who's all available.

Nighthawk
02-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Yup. I (honestly) just forgot who they signed...

I must admit that I'm less excited this off-season than I've been the previous few off-seasons. Retaining Dick Jauron was a huge disappointment for me.

As a result, I haven't followed FA as closely this year, and don't know who's all available.

Me too, but I let myself get sucked into the excitement of FA and of course, this team keeps kicking me in the nuts...over and over and over.

Lexwhat
02-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Me too, but I let myself get sucked into the excitement of FA and of course, this team keeps kicking me in the nuts...over and over and over.

The Dockery thing was another kick to the nuts.

Unbelievable.

Nighthawk
02-27-2009, 09:38 PM
The Dockery thing was another kick to the nuts.

Unbelievable.

Crazy, isn't it? What a joke of a franchise.

Tatonka
02-27-2009, 09:41 PM
i really wasnt mad at all till i just read that detriot wanted to trade for dockery but we couldnt get the paperwork in "in time" so we cut him.. could someone please explain to me what would have happened if they just turned the paperwork in the next day???

Bulldog
02-27-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm assuming Buffalo would have been on the hook for the bonus Dock was due. I'm guesing thats the reason they released him when the paperwork didn't go through for the trade. This franchise is a complete mess right now.

Nighthawk
02-27-2009, 09:45 PM
i really wasnt mad at all till i just read that detriot wanted to trade for dockery but we couldnt get the paperwork in "in time" so we cut him.. could someone please explain to me what would have happened if they just turned the paperwork in the next day???

As I mentioned earlier, I believe it had to do with a roster bonus due to Dockery. That is the only thing that it could have been. If he was on our roster, then we would have had to pay him the bonus, so they just released him. This is just speculation, but that's the only thing I can figure it to be.

Tatonka
02-27-2009, 10:04 PM
they push roster bonuses back all the time. i cant believe that paper work was really the reason it didnt happen. that is just absurd.

Nighthawk
02-27-2009, 10:11 PM
they push roster bonuses back all the time. i cant believe that paper work was really the reason it didnt happen. that is just absurd.

Yeah, I really don't know...I'm sure it will come out.

Tatonka
02-27-2009, 10:14 PM
im actually sure it will never be addressed again

Nighthawk
02-27-2009, 10:15 PM
im actually sure it will never be addressed again

My bad, you're probably correct!

Owen DeBoard
02-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Yep were all waiting for Ralph to fix this talent problem that we have since he believes it aint the worthless coaching that is killing this team and he doesnt even try to fix the talent problem. First he laughs at the fans about keeping Jauron after 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons. Now hes laughin even harder that we arent goin after any talent. Talk about a kick in the nuts!

Throne Logic
02-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Something is definitely amiss here. Somehow, they "didn't get the paperwork in on time" to trade Dockery. However, they did manage to get the paperwork in on time to release him. Not jiving well here.

I'm betting the trade simply fell through or Detroit was dragging their heels. It's much more fun for the media to leave out the actual details for the juicy snippit that pisses every off.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-28-2009, 12:01 AM
What he said ^

yordad
02-28-2009, 05:38 AM
I believe the paperwork thing.