• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

I liked the Fitzpatrick signing.

Anyone else? We filled the need for a backup QB who is at least competent enough to execute a game plan.

Now, if it is the only thing we do, or biggest thing we do... That's when I panic.
    I am The Batman.
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: I liked the Fitzpatrick signing.

one thing is for sure, regardless of what the fans think it is obvious they are ok with fielding basically the same team as last year minus doc, and greer. fitz at most may get a couple snaps. and no rookie DE is coming in and going to fix our pass rush. but hey we did start 5-0 didnt we?

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

I am really disappointed with the lack of movement. I said it before and I'll say it again. The Bills needed to be aggressive in free agency to set up the draft and possibly help make a playoff run, but unless they pull off a major trade AND sign a C and G, I am opted to anoint this as a total set back.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• rcd333
        • Mar 2007

I think fitz will start atleast one game this year, like it or not edwards has proved he cant play a full season without gettign injured

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

I really like this move. & i admit i am taken by total surprise..

-The btching & moaning i just read in several threads about how much bigger his is then mine/ours etc is really annoying. Is this something with my aging & the fanbase being so young? or is it just,just.
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• Marvelous
            • Feb 2004

oye, missed a sentence---
            --I agree with RCD333, that our #2/Fitz will start atleast 1 game. Esp as we enter the winter.
            --::cool lil nickname " Fitz "
            GO BILLS!!! NE
            Magical Trevor

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
              I am really disappointed with the lack of movement. I said it before and I'll say it again. The Bills needed to be aggressive in free agency to set up the draft and possibly help make a playoff run, but unless they pull off a major trade AND sign a C and G, I am opted to anoint this as a total set back.
              have to agree, you cant take a team that had the second half we did and just rely on a single draft class to save the coaches job and get us to the playoffs. you would think jauron would really be pushing here. and even if we bring a hangartner in, he has never been a full time center against a prodominanty 3-4 schedule. there is work to be done, but i have gotten most of my frustrations out on this board today, and there is alot of free agents left, alot of good ones, lets see what happens over the next 2-3 days, but fitz and a backup center with potential wont fix anything.

Comment

• Block "O"
                lowering the bar with every post
                • Sep 2008

How long until a QB controversy emerges?

Comment

• New Ro's Greatest
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                  one thing is for sure, regardless of what the fans think it is obvious they are ok with fielding basically the same team as last year minus doc, and greer. fitz at most may get a couple snaps. and no rookie DE is coming in and going to fix our pass rush. but hey we did start 5-0 didnt we?
                  We started 4-0 and why can't a rookie come in here and solve the pass rush problem? I think a rookie DE can come in here and get 8 sacks don't you think? 4 sacks was the high last year so if we get double that from a rook i would consider that a successful year for him. GO BILLS

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                    • Mar 2004

Thought this was funny...

There was talk of the Bills possibly bringing in a veteran to challenge Trent Edwards, but this signing puts an end to that talk. The noodle-armed Fitzpatrick is 100 percent backup material and is no threat to Edwards' job.

he said noodle-armed... lol

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by New Ro's Greatest
                      We started 4-0 and why can't a rookie come in here and solve the pass rush problem? I think a rookie DE can come in here and get 8 sacks don't you think? 4 sacks was the high last year so if we get double that from a rook i would consider that a successful year for him. GO BILLS
                      what rookie DE can get 8 sacks in a 4-3 in this draft?? make sure you have your facts straight when you answer this and dont just look at mcshay and kipers big boards. there is maybe 1 pass rusher than can possibly come in and start IN A 4-3 and be dominant enough (and if your getting 8 sacks as a rookie you are dominant) to pull that off and he'll be gone before the top 10 are done, you have to put into consideration that they wont be standing up and rushing, they will have to do it putting they're hand down against jake long(pro bowler) and justin smiley, matt light(pro bowler) and logan mankins, and debrick fergueson and alan faneca(pro bowler). its hard to be a pass rusher in our division, esecially a rookie one.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

I like it too. But for this to be the only signing today, especially when you look at what the rest of our division did... It's VERY depressing!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

you guys are trusting Fitzpatrick to beat the Pats ,Fins and Jets should anything happen to Trent?
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

VERY depressing indeed.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

then again, anything better than Fitz would end up starting over trent.

Yikes. we're screwed. this guy has less experience than JP. What makes Dick think Fitz has seen enough defenses thrown at him to overcome teams in the AFCE? He doesn't have enough experience to mentor trent. I guess Turk was worried any qb that has experience would tell him to go fly a kite
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 02-28-2009, 01:35 AM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X