PDA

View Full Version : Are the Bills Incompetent??

bills&sabresmvf
02-27-2009, 11:44 PM
So The Bills "messed" up the paperwork and they could have traded Dockery for something (probably picks), yet they were then forced to release him? What is going on over at One Bills Drive??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3941156

SeatownBillsFan21
02-27-2009, 11:49 PM
This is upsetting if true i mean to drop the ball on something like this people in the FO should be losing there jobs over this.Sad.

rcd333
02-27-2009, 11:54 PM
i was keeping my hopes up untill this came out. this organization just is 2nd rate, accepting failure all the time

SabreEleven
02-28-2009, 12:04 AM
and the hits keep on coming :rolleyes:

Michael82
02-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Wow! Russ Brandon is in over his head so much, it ain't funny! That tool needs to go! This front office is a joke. I actually miss Tom Donahoe... :ill:

bigbub2352
02-28-2009, 12:38 AM
this is starting to sound like benny hill theme music
wow if this is true this is truly a joke
and gives everyone on here that critisizes them some creditability
cheap front office moves sure do look like a bargain huh

bluerosekiller
02-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Just like everything else that's happened since this team was 5-1 back in October, this is begining to seem like some sort of a massive cosmic joke aimed straight at the heart of Bills fans. Only no one's laughing.

If I didn't know better, I'd bring back all of the old conspiracy theory threads about us being MAJOR LEAGUEd, but it's obvious that old senile Ralph & company are far beyond having the imagination or intellectual capacity to ever accomplish such a scheme.

Seriously, it's clear that this organization is rotten from the top, right on down to it's roots.
Wilson stopped caring years ago & that attitude has clearly infected the entire FO. They're barely even going through the motions anymore as evidenced by this Dockery debackle & their total lack of meaningful production thus far in free agency.

This club is a disgrace & will clearly remain so until there's new, enthusiastic ownership in place upon Wilson's passing.

BuffaloRanger
02-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Unfortunately, where that new, enthusiastic ownership would want the team to play home games is very worrisome.

SquishDaFish
02-28-2009, 02:59 AM
There is already a thread on this http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=170861

nateodoms'bff
02-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Whats amazing to me is that its a paper work issue.

Isn't Brandon a pencil pusher? Shouldn't he be able to at least get paper work submitted on time.

I'm sending them my resume today. I could at least get paper work in on time.

yordad
02-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Whats amazing to me is that its a paper work issue.

Isn't Brandon a pencil pusher? Shouldn't he be able to at least get paper work submitted on time.

I'm sending them my resume today. I could at least get paper work in on time.Did you get that resume in yet?

nateodoms'bff
02-28-2009, 09:15 AM
I told them i would work for 35k a year, plus 4 season tickets, gave them a list of moves I would make, and haven't heard back yet.

I figure if it worked for Theo Epstein in Boston, it could work here.

I hope you guys don't mind that the next GM of the Buffalo Bills has a beard, and is covered in tattoos.

I think I'll end up bringing an edge to the front office.

THATHURMANATOR
02-28-2009, 10:47 AM
If this is true the guys in charge are a complete EMBARRASSMENT.

Who is to know for sure the true behind the scenes but for there to be a story about it on ESPN there has to be something behind it.

psubills62
02-28-2009, 11:26 AM
It's so funny how when reports come out, people usually start saying "there must be more behind it." But when this report comes out, no one questions it? It's hard for me to believe that a front office wouldn't get the paperwork in to trade Dockery without some reason. I could understand if there was one person just forgetting to do the paperwork...but there's a lot of people at OBD. Someone would have "remembered."

Historian
02-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Not that we would have gotten anything for the tub of lard.....

tat2dmike77
02-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Wow! Russ Brandon is in over his head so much, it ain't funny! That tool needs to go! This front office is a joke. I actually miss Tom Donahoe... :ill:

If it wasn't you Mikey i would neg you for saying you miss Donahoe

tat2dmike77
02-28-2009, 11:35 AM
I told them i would work for 35k a year, plus 4 season tickets, gave them a list of moves I would make, and haven't heard back yet.

I figure if it worked for Theo Epstein in Boston, it could work here.

I hope you guys don't mind that the next GM of the Buffalo Bills has a beard, and is covered in tattoos.

I think I'll end up bringing an edge to the front office.

Do people with bills tats get a discount on merchandise and tickets? Cause i deserve one.

Pinkerton Security
02-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Not that we would have gotten anything for the tub of lard.....

that was my 2nd thought, after being pissed that he walked.

One question though, if we traded him what would the difference between towards our cap position, if anything?

methos4ever
02-28-2009, 11:40 AM
If you read the latest billboard on the buffalo news site the bills were not at fault. The lions came in last minute, the bills put paperwork through to delay dockery's bonus and he went to detroit to work on a contract. The league said deal was not done in time. But continue hating all things bills.

nateodoms'bff
02-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Do people with bills tats get a discount on merchandise and tickets? Cause i deserve one.

Yup.

Show your tats at the bills store, and get 50% off of a Ryan Fitzpatrick #0 jersey.

They're gonna be sellin' like hot cakes!!! Its about quantity, not quality.

nateodoms'bff
02-28-2009, 12:21 PM
If you read the latest billboard on the buffalo news site the bills were not at fault. The lions came in last minute, the bills put paperwork through to delay dockery's bonus and he went to detroit to work on a contract. The league said deal was not done in time. But continue hating all things bills.

All kidding aside, you know there are such things as extensions. Teams file for them all the time.

Also, good for the Lions. They came in, and worked the system, and tried to get a solid player, without compensating the Bills.

It sucks on a lot of levels, but why wasn't the front office shopping him around? Why wait until the deadline to put a trade through?

I don't hate all things Bills, I just hate when our front office can't get things done. WHOOPPPEEE, the Bills saved 450,000 bucks. Awesome, now Ralph can be buried in a solid gold casket, instead of wooden one!

This is another example of the Bills Front Office not being realistic in their approach to building a winning franchise. You can be cap conscious, and assemble a winning team. That model seemed to work out pretty well for the Patriots.

Bert102176
02-28-2009, 12:24 PM
y does this surprise you, with wilson this team has gone to hell, am not sure what changed him to be so cheap and stupid over the years, but something did maybe cause of his age

Nighthawk
02-28-2009, 12:37 PM
So The Bills "messed" up the paperwork and they could have traded Dockery for something (probably picks), yet they were then forced to release him? What is going on over at One Bills Drive??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3941156

Do you seriously even need to ask this question?

LarryBoy
02-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Sigh.